Come SOG With Me: 112 Plants, 2 Liter, Hempy SOG

Re: Come SOG with me. 112 plant, 2 liter, Hempy SOG

I've been painting the bottoms of seltzer bottles... I am a geezer! Got 2 White Russians in from to go cup mini hempies... Begin the Beguine :grinjoint:

So, 12/12 for a rooted clone, but exactly how rooted do they have to be? Also, if from seed how many leaf sets would I wait for before switching to 12/12?

Sorry for the noobness, just thought you would be a great guy to ask.

Thank you in advance!

:Namaste:

Hey dime I've seen some 12/12 from seed grows and they will not work well with this method. You'll end up with plants that don't look a whole lot different from a plant you first veg for a month. 3 footers. If I ever grow from seed again that's exactly what I'll do.

The idea here is small plants in a small space that are mostly just single colas, maybe one or two smaller side colas. You could get maybe 2 12/12 from seed plants in the space that 12 of these will take up.

I make sure all of my clones have a pretty good root system going before I bury them. You can see from the pictures in this journal that the roots are long enough when taken from the cloner that they're close to the bottom res when planted.

As long as a clone has visible roots it can be buried and fed.

You don't necessarily have to wait for sets of leaves to switch to 12/12. It all depends on your space restrictions and how big you want your plants to get. I went straight to 12/12 after transplanting because my plants are on top of one another and I only want one SOG cola.

Does this help?

Very much! Thank you!

Between my wife and I, we can have 12 mature plants so a smaller scale SOG has been in the front of my mind. I'll be watching and taking notes on your grow for sure. Clones are available from the grow-op I belong to and they have pretty good roots when you get them. I also just got some seeds from a friend, hence the question on leaf sets.

I can't rep you again yet but I will when I can.

Thanks for the info!

:Namaste:

Hey dime I've seen some 12/12 from seed grows and they will not work well with this method. You'll end up with plants that don't look a whole lot different from a plant you first veg for a month. 3 footers. If I ever grow from seed again that's exactly what I'll do.

The idea here is small plants in a small space that are mostly just single colas, maybe one or two smaller side colas. You could get maybe 2 12/12 from seed plants in the space that 12 of these will take up.

Thank you too Blue!

That is great info, looks like I'll be off to study up some more now.

You guys are great!

pit those clones are looking real nice. Do you typically take bigger clones so they have a bit of a head start when they finally have roots? I have 4 in my aero cloner now, although I'm having a bit of a hard time keeping the ph in check. It goes up to 7.5-8 every day and I have to bring it down to 5.8. They're somewhat small, but since they're testers, i think it will be fine until I take some bigger ones.

Still having a hard time getting 2 liter bottles lol. I found a place that sells square treepots online, would be $26 for 36 of them but then shipping is almost $40 in itself, so forget that lol.

pit those clones are looking real nice. Do you typically take bigger clones so they have a bit of a head start when they finally have roots? I have 4 in my aero cloner now, although I'm having a bit of a hard time keeping the ph in check. It goes up to 7.5-8 every day and I have to bring it down to 5.8. They're somewhat small, but since they're testers, i think it will be fine until I take some bigger ones.

Still having a hard time getting 2 liter bottles lol. I found a place that sells square treepots online, would be $26 for 36 of them but then shipping is almost $40 in itself, so forget that lol.

Pit? Gettin me confused with the Viper?? lol

My clones are typically 4-6 inches when I take them. Some are a little smaller and I have found that they all root the same. A smaller clone can still produce a large root system in the cloner. In fact, here's one I'm going to bury today. The clone itself is about 5 inches long and rather thin but it has developed a very nice root system in the cloner.

clone_root.JPG

haha yeah for some reason i got you guys confused, probably cause you both go big and have great grows i look up to. Thanks for that visual, the clones I have in the cloner right now are maybe 3" long. I've had success cloning this small in grodan cubes so I'm just hoping the aero system pulls through with them also. I'm a bit worried about the sprayers as i figured it would be more of a mist, but its a pretty thick spray of water, might just remove a few sprayers to help build up pressure. 160gph doesn't push too much water.

haha yeah for some reason i got you guys confused, probably cause you both go big and have great grows i look up to. Thanks for that visual, the clones I have in the cloner right now are maybe 3" long. I've had success cloning this small in grodan cubes so I'm just hoping the aero system pulls through with them also. I'm a bit worried about the sprayers as i figured it would be more of a mist, but its a pretty thick spray of water, might just remove a few sprayers to help build up pressure. 160gph doesn't push too much water.

Upgrade that pump. I have an Eco 633GPH pump in mine. I hope they root for you!

you think I should just ditch the 160gph pump? I figured since its in a 5 gal bucket it would be enough, but you're right. Would you go with a 250gph or a 400gph? The amount of PVC it pumps through is pretty small and I get about 4-5" spray from the sprayers right now. I'll give it a few days to start showing roots, Just hope it happens soon cause the veg area is getting a bit crowded with 6 plants under 1 T5 lol

you think I should just ditch the 160gph pump? I figured since its in a 5 gal bucket it would be enough, but you're right. Would you go with a 250gph or a 400gph? The amount of PVC it pumps through is pretty small and I get about 4-5" spray from the sprayers right now. I'll give it a few days to start showing roots, Just hope it happens soon cause the veg area is getting a bit crowded with 6 plants under 1 T5 lol

I would go no less than the 400 for the cloner, you can always dial a large pump down in volume, but you can't increase the output of a smaller pump. Go bigger, they only cost a few dollars more and most are adjustable--that will allow you to get the exact spray pattern you're looking for.

I forgot that you were in a 5 gal. bucket but even going that small I'd still go with nothing less than a pump in the 400GPH range.

I would go no less than the 400 for the cloner, you can always dial a large pump down in volume, but you can't increase the output of a smaller pump. Go bigger, they only cost a few dollars more and most are adjustable--that will allow you to get the exact spray pattern you're looking for.

+1. Thanks for stopping by Steve.

:bong:

thanks for the input guys, ill get a 400 pretty soon. Any ideas on what I could use the 160 for other than a paper weight? Good thing it was only $13 haha

+1. Thanks for stopping by Steve.

:bong:

thanks 420fied. If you look at the replacement pump for the smallest ez cloner, it is 450gph (30 site) the 60 site uses an 800gph pump (I just ordered the 60 to replace my home made one). More pressure=better spray!

You could use the 160 for an ebb and flow....Nice grow 420, I hope my cloner works as well as yours does!

Thank you. Thanks for stopping by.

There are 38 in pots now. The first 16 are on the left and noticably larger. Things are going well.

Pic taken 5 minutes ago. Day 11 of 12/12 for the first 16.

38_in_day11.JPG

man oh man oh man, my friend i absolutely have fallen in love with what i am seeing and reading!!!!!

You sir have just inspired me 2 amp my whole operation 10 fold, i figured id be modest with my op for a while but just seeing this and knowing how cheap and effective hempy is now i am so in dude. Lets grow and compare i cant wait to see more!

yeah just look at that growth, i might have to try a hempy round in the future. I can't wait till a month from now and you can see all the tops just lined up in rows. Man i swear looking at these pics is better than watching my girl undress.. Don't tell her that haha

A have (2) 600 watt HPS units over them. This is my first SOG run like this so I will have to compare harvest data against the aero run but I'm positive this run will yield more. I only ran 9 plants in my aero set.

If I average 12 grams per SOG cola, which is do-able, a full 112 plant run will give me 48 ounces. I'm actually hoping I average a little more than 12 grams per plant but we'll see.

If you have a 76" wide x 76" deep grow space and you use 2 liter bottles you could run 256 pots considering that a 2 liter has a 4 1/2" diameter.

256 pots @ 12 grams per cola = 110 ounces. 12 grams per cola is a conservative guestimate as well. Growing under 1000's like you do would fatten them up. Just something to think about if you want to maximize yield for your given space.

I'm actually expecting 14-16 grams per cola.

Hmmm, very interesting, I may have to go this rought next run. Thanks for the idea!

Back
Top Bottom