Completely unprepared in need of luck and some tips...

I Hate Pork

so when i stumbled along this site, it gave me a little motivation for something that i thought would not turn out to be anything, especially since the seeds that i found in my freezer have been in there for almost 2 years, unprotected just laying under frozen meat and such.... but i figured what the heck, threw them in some water above my oven in the spice cabinet in some water now its 3 days later and i have 2 seeds sprouting taproots and nothing is prepared.

luckily i have some aquariums and full of piranhas with lights that they dont use, and also i keep a few house plants, otherwise i'd have no soil or light.

i used some potting soil that i had sitting around, baked it @ 180 for about 30 minutes to kill any buggies that would be in there and now its in a cut-in-half gallon milk container with drainage rocks on the bottom.

should i let this cool off completely or can i throw them in while the soil is still warm?

should i immediately put seedlings on 18/6?:thanks:

It would be best to let the soil cool down. If it is slightly warm to the touch then I don't think it would make much difference. Plants grow well in warmer soil anyway. Yes, you should put the lights on 18/6. Some people run their lights on the veg stage at 24/0 but I think 18/6 is much more natural. If you are using cfls or fluros, then you can drop the light right above the plant about 2-3 inches away. This will give them all available light right where they need it instead of stretching really tall and spindly to get the most light. Good luck to you, My friend. And reps to you for getting your feet wet. Later.

It would be best to let the soil cool down. If it is slightly warm to the touch then I don't think it would make much difference. Plants grow well in warmer soil anyway. Yes, you should put the lights on 18/6. Some people run their lights on the veg stage at 24/0 but I think 18/6 is much more natural. If you are using cfls or fluros, then you can drop the light right above the plant about 2-3 inches away. This will give them all available light right where they need it instead of stretching really tall and spindly to get the most light. Good luck to you, My friend. And reps to you for getting your feet wet. Later.

Good info. +Rep!

well i've figured out what i want to attempt, i'm going to do a small build perhaps 2.5' by 4' and around 6' high, completely out of cedar, i'm not sure if i'm going to use solid or particle yet. i'm going to mask it by placing it in the far corner of my bedroom and painting it flat white to match my walls. it will be right next to my convector for my AC, and overlapping part of my window, so my intake and exhaust will be a breeze... literally.

DSC0679.JPG

well they cracked here on the 12th

then i paper toweled them on the 13th, sorry no pic

planted them taproot down on the 15th

on the 16th i got this (cotyledons are already falling off? true leaves already coming in?)

DSC0681.JPG

DSC0683.JPG

DSC0685.JPG

and this is what i have this morning;

DSC0687.JPG

DSC0688.JPG

DSC0689.JPG

and i was so excited how fast they sprouted up...

DSC0692.JPG

i dug some more seeds out of my freezer.

i figure the space i have for my stealth build i can comfortably fit around 4 plants, so i'm leaving room for error, and males.

i am a little concerned about the yellowing of my cotyledons, help please.

the space your talking about is good enough for 4 if you keep them small, remember to start them into bloom quickly, because they will double or even quadruple their size during flowering, and they don't just grow up, unless you don't top them, they tend to grow out too, and that doesn't leave much room. I'd start with two or three and perfect your method before, trying to squeeze too many plants in there and risk, killing or limiting all of them. Have you studied up on the sea of green method? thats perfect for what you are trying to do, and one of the easiest ways to stay stealth. :)

thanks Ms. fox, No tronix, i havent really looked into it, but i was looking into doing a small scrog, i'll check out the SOG method now.

Be careful around those "planters," they look very sharp. Depending on the lights you are using they need to be close to the plants. When I walk into my grow room, I can't even see my seedlings because the light shroud is covering them up and basically touching the foliage. I am using simple 4ft fluorescents to veg though, you wouldn't want them that close with CFLs or anything hotter. A good rule of thumb is to hold your hand under your lights and if it doesn't feel hot after a min, then you can have them VERY close to the plants.

Abandoned?

Is this grow still alive?
If so, please update us with some pictures and info.

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom