Cultivators Play Pen

right so what voodoo says about the beneficials living in rootzone is correct. The roots will always be moist and once they are introduced and get into the rootzone thats where u want them to stay. I really dont think the filter is necessary but its up to u if u'd like to try it.

I dont use overdrive, i dont like it, infact i dont like any of the AN boosts. for that system i would go with Canna Aqua vega and flores, excellent for recirculating hydro. Bud candy isnt used to feed microbes its used to give the plant carbohydrate boost. The fungi and microbes survive by trading nutes to plants in exchange for sugars. u only reall need to add carboload or similar if using piranha or tarantula.

this is what i recommend using, ive tried and tested this many times and works great, especially if u are going to grow AMS.

Veg:
canna Aqua vega full strength
AN B-52
AN Voodoo Juice
Guardian Angel or House and Gardens Roots excelurator
cannazym
PH- Grow (nitric acid)

Flower:
Canna Aqua Flores
AN Bud Ignitor
B-52
Voodoo Juice
AN Piranha and Tarantula (optional, wont increase yield but def gives a better start to flowering.)
Dutch Pro Explode (I cant stress how good this stuff is. Def Best all round boost ive used. Gives great yield but improves resin production massively. I wont use any other boost now and its so simple to use)
AN Bud Candy
Cannazym
PH- Bloom(Phosphoric acid)

PH throughout 5.5-5.8

U will def still get some salt build up if u dont do frequent changes. Upon starting when i transplant i let the first mix go 2 weeks as the root mass is small so the nutes dont get all used up. But after that i change every week. In flower i mix the nutes a little stronger than recommend (plants can take high e.c in flood drain using pebbles, A.M.S def can) then after 3 days i will top up with water. Its important to give full change at least weekly in flower as plants use up alot of nutes and u want to make sure they have what they need.

i order pretty much everything online. I dont like paying shop prices, they are scandalous (im actually looking into opening a grow shop lol). Ive never had any issues at all with the companys i use, they are discreet and promp. I can give u couple stores to look for if u like?

What i have listed is what i would use. But feel free to try what u like. Cant stress how good the Dutch pro Explode is though, their base nutes arent great so never use those if u can help it but its a great boost and works well in my mix.

Forgot to add House and Garden's Drip Clean to the list. i use it every res change in recirc systems. it will stop lines getting crusted up with salts and gives nice vitality boost to plants. it goes a long way too, 1ml/10litres.

Allright !! That was very clear. And as voodoo said, it will be indeed a pain in the a$$ to know whats really in the mix. Actually impossible.
I see you got a point of keeping for two weeks the first nutes upon transplant, very logical.
And definitely im not gonna change a thing, in this routine buddy :D

Im also really convinced about dutch pro explode and yes, the pictures speak for themselves about its effectivness...lol . I see also it comes in 5 , or even 10 litters bottle , hell thats enough for a couple of grows ! (Its fuckin' expensive tho ?!?!)

Im going to follow your feeding schedule , as it proved it works more than great , i m quite sure hydro shop here, has canna nutes !!! I can find everything here , except dutch. Im gonna place an order for this one when the time comes. I ll even try to suggest to the hydro guy this brand, they can import it im sure , their main suppliers are from uk. (Even if a dutch product :D )

Thank you very much cult , for the very detailed reply . Be good and stay safe , my friend !

your buds will be dense as always

Would anyone like to see how i make canna butter? was going to use my magical butter kettle which was kindly donated to me in the member of month contest. However i ordered a transformer to convert to 240v only to realise its only capable of running 100w, no good because the kettle runs at 800-1000w. I have some trim from my Ice strain there and was going to make some bubble ice hash instead, but i thought with halloween parties coming up that id make a batch of butter the old school way for my pals to make edibles with.

Yeahh go for it cult !! Im all...eyes ... lol

You have no idea how much trouble I had with f@÷#*g transformers !! My mistake cost me arround 600 € :/ . And just to refer that - I might save someones money, NEVER try to operate a 120v timer with a european transformer (@220-240). Herz play a very important role here, the timer actually loses circles due to the diffrence of hertz !!! Its not a "timer" anymore , if you do that ....

Thumbs up , for your idea buddy :))

So on the 27th oct i transplanted a clone to the coco DWC, 2 and half days later the roots are through the net pot. The coco will not be top fed again and the dwc bucket has been filled to the 10 litre mark leaving about 6-7 inches between net pot and res. generally id fill a bit higher but i want to allow the coco to dry out a bit. The roots will reach down to the res and wont dry out because of the mist from the bursting bubbles. I actually thought it would be longer before roots hit res, if they turns out to be just as quick as pebbles this could turn out to be a more effective way to start the plant off as there will be a stronger root base in the coco than the pebbles and ive only give 1 half strength top feed.

generally i would have added Canna Aqua Vega as a base nute at this point but i will try the Advanced nutes PH Perfect Grow Micro Bloom. Im still a little skeptical as to whether this will work but we'll see.

I added this to 10litres water (2.5gal approx)

20ml Grow
20ml Micro
20ml Bloom
7ml Guardian Angel
20ml Advanced Nutrients Voodoo Juice
20ml Advanced Nutrients B-52
20ml Cannazym

PH 6.3 (way to high but i will give the PH Perfect a chance to work before i start altering PH)
E.C 1.2 (Not sure in ppms but in future i will take ppm readings too)

The discolouration on leaves is from cloning, the new growth should be lush if this PH perfect does what it says it does.
20131030_143304.jpg

Roots Just starting to protrude.
20131030_143320.jpg

Filled to 10litres.
20131030_160920.jpg

i hope so mate, im by no means the growers bible but i do get consistent solid results and be nice for others to emulate. I see lots of people dishing out advice then when i look at their grows, its kind of questionable on why they giving advice lol. i'll show the good, bad and more good hopefully. :)

Bit of a picture overload today but ive got nothing else to do so what the heck.

Here is the Ice mother, shes coming along nicely now. Ive just take a single cut from her to start in DWC. Im actually thinking of Scrogging this mother out and just starting a new one, not sure yet.

Heres a nice double headed clone. Its quite small but it will root.

20131030_184820.jpg

The mother

20131030_185037.jpg
20131030_185050.jpg

It's rare I give advice for the simple fact I could be wrong, I have friends that cannot admit when they're wrong even if I had a gun pointed to their head they still wouldn't admit, as if it's hard to learn something new instead believing what you think is true, I mean I could be that typical noob telling people this and that and then cult would go look at my plant and it would look scraggly and weak, lol instead I keep my mouth shut and learn from others and that shit right there usually pays off lol my first time doing dwc or any hydroponics at that and I'd like to believe I'm doing a good job so far, every time I walk in and see how beautiful this plant is it puts the biggest smile on my face, knowing what I've learned and using it has paid off, knowledge is definitely power! Ok I'm rambling smoked a little more of the joint than I wanted too :)

It's rare I give advice for the simple fact I could be wrong, I have friends that cannot admit when they're wrong even if I had a gun pointed to their head they still wouldn't admit, as if it's hard to learn something new instead believing what you think is true, I mean I could be that typical noob telling people this and that and then cult would go look at my plant and it would look scraggly and weak, lol instead I keep my mouth shut and learn from others and that shit right there usually pays off lol my first time doing dwc or any hydroponics at that and I'd like to believe I'm doing a good job so far, every time in walk in and see how beautiful this plant is it puts the biggest smile on my face, knowing what I've learned and using it has paid off, knowledge is definitely power! Ok I'm rambling smoke a little more of the joint than I wanted too :)

ur DWC plant is looking great Flintsone! Really great for first time around.

Its not the fact newer guys give out advice that bothers me, as alot of new guys give out some great advice. Its more the guys who have an answer for everything and are certain this or that will work when they have never even tried it. Anyone can copy and paste from Google but there is no substitute for experience. U can read all u like about racing a formula 1 car but doesnt mean u can do it.

If someone is saying add this nute or train like this but their plants are shockers or they have never done it themselves, then its common sense to ignore. Thats just my personal opinion. I know people mean well but sometimes it can do more harm than good.

So I should stop while I'm ahead reading up on racing then? :)

Dood I miss riding those as a kid!

I made some butter today. didnt document the whole process but here goes any way. i had 2 large bags of trim, theres stalks in the pics too but i removed those. the trim was dried than frozen. I placed 20oz of butter in pan with equal amount water. i just crushed the trim up with my hands over the pan and sprinkled onto the melted butter. on low heat for 3 hours. poured into small tubs, allowed to set then drained off the water. Ive kept the water and i will evaporate it off for any resin left over. i put too much trim in for the amount of butter and the butter can only hold so much so should get small amount from the water.

20131101_113038.jpg
20131101_113043.jpg
20131101_113051.jpg
20131101_150712.jpg
20131101_150724.jpg
20131101_151422.jpg
20131101_180617.jpg

Back
Top Bottom