Cultivators Cultivation High Quality Yields

dont know about a chiropractor, but im off to see an ostiopath next week for my spine....if they can fix mine ill definatly send you a pm with the docs name...im in need of a miracle. 2 years of physio so far and i still wake up in agony in a morning =(
well done on that fight bro...take it easy on your spine mate you can pretty much adapt to any other body part gettin screwed.

Cultivator, thanks.

Why three months, though? Does it take that long to make it smell good and taste good? Does it get stronger after 3 months verses 2 months? or even 1 month?

just to reinforce cults reply.

curing is a time served proccess, im sure there IS a 'too long' somewhere, but just like a 10 year old single malt...the older the better if cured correctly ;)

cure is also for taste. not for strength...potency is only increased by decarboxylation...this just happenes to quite often work in harmony with the curing proccess =)

Thanks for sharing tips on commercial curing Cult. The timing on this topic is great as I'm getting close to harvesting and was not sure if I should be planning to go buy several cases of jars :)

So are those 1oz batches in the little paper bags (like mom used to pack school lunch in)? Do you eventually put these buds into jars for long term storage, or do you now have bud around that long?

After the week in the net, how do you package for your commercial product? Just ziplocks?

I'm not making a HUGE harvest this first run, but I want to try and start developing processes and workflows now. :) I'm guessing I'll harvest 1-2 lbs this first batch. The room should max out ~5 lbs per harvest. At that point I'll need an efficient way to get my product ready for market. :winkyface:

Sorry for all the questions. You're just a wealth of information on how to deal with larger production quantities.

grats again on the win! :Namaste:

thanks mate

They like paper bags i used to get sweets in as a kid. just put paper bags in ebay and u'll find something. I go straight from net to paper bag and i just fold the edge of the bag over for curing. As far as packing for commercial i never use ziplock bags or plasic unless its vacum packed. Usually i use larger paper bags and pack in 1oz, 5oz and 10oz per bag depending on the order. so if someone were to order 100oz they would get 10x10oz in paper bags. i just think bud keeps better in them.

thanks mate

They like paper bags i used to get sweets in as a kid. just put paper bags in ebay and u'll find something. I go straight from net to paper bag and i just fold the edge of the bag over for curing. As far as packing for commercial i never use ziplock bags or plasic unless its vacum packed. Usually i use larger paper bags and pack in 1oz, 5oz and 10oz per bag depending on the order. so if someone were to order 100oz they would get 10x10oz in paper bags. i just think bud keeps better in them.

Would that method be appropriate in a region with mainly single digit Rh?

Hey cult. Wanted to send ya some good vibes before I ship off. Gotta take a break from it all for a while but I'm hoping to catch the Harvest at least. Ill post my email on my journal in case you or anyone have any questions. Much love mate. See ya on the other side.

Thanks Cult. and thanks to McLoadie. I had not really considered the difference in rh between the UK and WA :winkyface:

If I left my buds in a paper bag, it gets too dry. I had planned to use jars, but was just fishing for alternatives. I'll just stay with the methods I know. Dry on string, then pop into jars. I'm not sure how to handle the stuff I can't hang though. I'm just gonna order a net rack right now. Then I can dry the loose nugs there and pop them into jars as well.

Thanks again Cult! :Namaste:

Cultivator, I want to thank you for answering my questions. I have one more, if it's cool. How much space do you leave between the bottom of your netpot and the water in your dwc?

I mean, once the roots have reached the bottom. I wondering if the roots that are in the open air dry out or not. I've never done DWC, just drip feed and aero, well, more like spray nossles, like how cloners work. For each of those, I only run the water for 15 minutes, then let it sit for 30 minutes, especially, once the roots reach the res.

In that system, the space between the res water and the roots coming out of the net pots is about 6 inches.

Hiker, I found these cool things that hang in the closet at walmart. They are made to hang shoes. The material is nice and airy. Worked great to dry my buds out on. There are 5 compartments in it. They were like $7.

It's made of a similar material to fabric pots.

Hiker, I found these cool things that hang in the closet at walmart. They are made to hang shoes. The material is nice and airy. Worked great to dry my buds out on. There are 5 compartments in it. They were like $7.

It's made of a similar material to fabric pots.

Thanks for the idea! I think I've seen those there. I'm certain I saw items similar in web searches. I already ended up ordering a one of the 6 tier models. It came from Homer's Depot, it's made by ViaGrow. Looks identical to the AN model. I searched around and around, but with Homer's free shipping, they were the best price.

Plus I was able to order an industrial timer to control my lights. One of my timers has been giving me trouble, but I think it's the ballast. It's only one of three timers/ballasts. They aren't made for controlling lights, so I'll be swapping them out to the big giant one to control all 3 lights.

What's happening cults, checking things are all good your sides. How's the coco ladies comming along I'm sure they should be chopped soon and how much u get out of the dwc ladies in the end??? I Got that piranha and carbo load in my res now, so hoping things will be all good fromnow mate.

On the subject of curing, I feel like saying something hope that's ok cult, in morocco in the rif mountains there is a place called ketama they have been growing kif for 100s of years, and depending on the region lots of things change, and the one thing I have learned about hash around there is that the hash from each year( the good stuff anyways, is stored to the next year, or the herb itself is) and the best tasting hash is from ketama and fes and the fes hash is the stickiest as they let it sit for at least 2 years, ketama as well, and the plant is left to dry proper and not too fast, so to say hash or kif is like wine in my opinion, if well preserved gets better and better and then a lil better some 5 years old hash costs per gram ten to twenty times more in morocco.
I'm not the expert just my opinion haha, and congrats on the win bro.:cheer:

sorry i havent been around guys. ive been on remand in prison and got out yesterday. i wont be around a while. im in some pretty serious shit. Aparantly the law doesnt like me and thinks im a drug king pin. its bollocks, i do what i do and harm no one, all weed. they should chase the crack and smack dealers. cant talk specifics but im facing 10 years prison for weed. i can do the time but its unnecessary. word of advice to successful commercial growers.... dont live a life that make others jealous. no matter who u help or who u look after there will always be someone willing to rat u out. im not up at court for few months but i need to lay low. be safe people.

sorry i havent been around guys. ive been on remand in prison and got out yesterday. i wont be around a while. im in some pretty serious shit. Aparantly the law doesnt like me and thinks im a drug king pin. its bollocks, i do what i do and harm no one, all weed. they should chase the crack and smack dealers. cant talk specifics but im facing 10 years prison for weed. i can do the time but its unnecessary. word of advice to successful commercial growers.... dont live a life that make others jealous. no matter who u help or who u look after there will always be someone willing to rat u out. im not up at court for few months but i need to lay low. be safe people.

I'm sorry to hear this C.

Back
Top Bottom