Dain Bramage's African Safari Grow 2010

NOW THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT:hookah: used to get black afgani with a gold seal on it or if we were real good blond or red lebanese.People under a certin age don't have a taste for hash.Last year on vaction in Negril,all I smoked was hash,finger hash so fresh I thought it was fake.

I still have one of the cloth lebanese blonde bags (one pound) with the stamp on the outside.

Hello all been lazy on keeping the grow report going,hazerd of to much pot and good fishing,but got nothing but rain for to day so here gose.

I am glad to report that the mites are down and almost out.The neem oil combind with the cool damp air has really put them on their heal's.For now the best defence against another out break will to keep up the ofenceive.At one point i was thinking of trying to use my dust buster to vacume them off the plants,i was desperate...lol...

Ok now for some plant talk I have 6 POWER PLANTS along with 6 PURE POWER PLANTSand 2 DURBIN POISON along with one male DURBIN .Have the male in a spare bathroom under a sun system HO t-5 light,24inch,and will move one of the DURBIN girls in to be seeded.Will read up on what plant's need when growing for seed instead of bud.My reason for not trying to seed the other plant's is becuse thay came from feminized seed's and I don't think thay are good choice's for breeding.

The PURE POWER PLANT from NIRVANA is the best looking strain from this grow.Thay were the first ones to start budding up this time around and don't even look like the POWER PLANT by DUTCH PASSION.Bending the tops over to controll hight has led to a nice canopy to start forming.This grow need's some photos so I will be back in a bit ...peace

Here are some photo's of the jungel canopy (cell phone pic's)
afc10-4_a.jpg

afc10-4_b.jpg

afc10-4_c.jpg

plants two weeks into flowering have stoped streching but have already doubled in hight

Other people have pic's that blow mine away I am finding.But I will do the best with what I got for now

rsz_ice_stash_004.jpg

rsz_ice_stash_015.jpg

You also need somthing to photo.This is what i am smoking now I.C.E from NIRVANA a very strong sedative,pain eazing smoke best for at night or couch surfing.Work's moderatly well on apitite and naussa.Thats it for now...peace from the beach:surf:

After all I have seen around here from Nirvana, that is definitely where I am getting my next batch of seeds!

Awesome pics man! :rollit:

Thay have good genitics for the price thay ask for.Have grown their bubbleious next to greenhouse's bubba kush and found it to be better over all.

Hit the plants up with canna pk13/14 and canna boost to help speed up the onset of flowering.Also dressed the soil with bat s**t (0-7-0) two tbls per plant.Growing sativas is best left to greenhouse or outdoor grows,but can't turn back now.

The one durbin male plant I thought about trying to use to make seed's was left expossed to the cold weather and has been scraped.The two female durban's are lanky spindily plants that wont yeild much but will grow them out for the expearince.

Looking at the two verisions of POWER PLANT you would be hard pressed too belive that thay shair any commen genetic's.The NIRVANA is well into flowering while the DUTCH PASSION is still reaching for the moon.The NIRVANA plants seem more uniform in the way they are growing while the DUTCH PASSION seem to have two or three phenoms,all leaning to the sativa side of things.

For my next project I am going to do a double indica strain...lol...peace:surf:

After all I have seen around here from Nirvana, that is definitely where I am getting my next batch of seeds

I wanted to mention that Nirvana recently became a sponsor here. Stop by their official welcome thread - in addition to helping out our site, they were kind enough to make a very nice special offer available to all of the members. I believe you'll like their offer, lol.

Dain Bramage, things are looking good. If you (or others) who are growing Nirvana's strains would like to stop by their welcome thread and post a link to your grow, it might help people who've never grown their strains know what to expect (and it would be a good way to show off your grow as well:ganjamon:).

I wanted to mention that Nirvana recently became a sponsor here. Stop by their official welcome thread - in addition to helping out our site, they were kind enough to make a very nice special offer available to all of the members. I believe you'll like their offer, lol.

Dain Bramage, things are looking good. If you (or others) who are growing Nirvana's strains would like to stop by their welcome thread and post a link to your grow, it might help people who've never grown their strains know what to expect (and it would be a good way to show off your grow as well:ganjamon:).

Will do,thay have been my go to guy's for years,glad to have them abord:thumb:

It seems that the mite outbrake is over with:yahoo: but that dosn't mean that we let our gaurd down now.Removed all the lower branches that don't ever yeild much and we will see if that energy can be better used by the plant some place else.

In the future I will leave the growing of the sativa's to people with more room and bigger light's.I like it when I can keep a plant's finished hight to between 36 to 40 inches these plants are looking to go 48 to 60 inches.

It seems that the mite outbrake is over with:yahoo: but that dosn't mean that we let our gaurd down now.Removed all the lower branches that don't ever yeild much and we will see if that energy can be better used by the plant some place else.

In the future I will leave the growing of the sativa's to people with more room and bigger light's.I like it when I can keep a plant's finished hight to between 36 to 40 inches these plants are looking to go 48 to 60 inches.For my next grow I will keep it to just one strain,an indica for sure, to make life eazy,the MALIWI did not pan out and the two female DURBIN would be tossed if I had something to replace them with.So over all i don't expect much in the way of yeild this time around but let's hope it wind's up being some good med's....peace from the beach

Hay folk's smoked some killer kind bud this week up in vermont with a crew of dead head's.A lot of purpel color to it but that was more to do with temp's than strain,but a heavy hitting indica it was made me think of the mean green bud when it first came around in the 80's,the type that would put me on my ass and still dose.Thay said that it was grown localy and cut down only a few weeks ago,so I asked about seed's or cutting's of course but no luck.

Well at least when I got home i found some of my plant's starting to shape up.A few of the pure power plants have started to shine with tricroms.The new buds have a peppery spice smell and are forming up nicely.The power plant and the durbin still are doing the strech thing all the way to the moon i think.Thats all for now... peace

Hay folk's smoked some killer kind bud this week up in vermont with a crew of dead head's.A lot of purpel color to it but that was more to do with temp's than strain,but a heavy hitting indica it was made me think of the mean green bud when it first came around in the 80's,the type that would put me on my ass and still dose.Thay said that it was grown localy and cut down only a few weeks ago,so I asked about seed's or cutting's of course but no luck.

Well at least when I got home i found some of my plant's starting to shape up.A few of the pure power plants have started to shine with tricroms.The new buds have a peppery spice smell and are forming up nicely.The power plant and the durbin still are doing the strech thing all the way to the moon i think.Thats all for now... peace

Dude, where in VT?? My bro lives up there and is always getting that Vermont home grown. And he could definitely be described as a dead head ... haha.

Bennington west of Mt. snow went to do some mountin bikeing and to check out the trees.Never see that type of bud up that way when i am skiing?

Got to love those DEAD HEAD'S thay did more for spreading good bud around this country then Jonny Apple Seed did.Back in the 80's a concert parking lot for the dead was like a flea market of bud's.Old school strains still were around like columbin gold,panama red,choclet thi and indica and skunk bud were the fresh new face's on the seen.You could still get joints for a dollar so a 1/2 oz of indica was 30$ was alot of money we thought.Now if you go to a consert your lucky to find anyone holding and if you do expect to fork out 20$ for .8 of a gram...lol...:ganjamon:

Holy shit, my bro lives about 2 miles from the base of Mt. Snow!! If you are ever heading up there to go skiing let me know. My bro used to work at Mt. Snow and his girlfriend still does, so we know everybody up there. I can definitely get you hooked up with some good stuff!! :ganjamon:

hello my new best friend:thanks: will be hitting you up for that hook up so be warned...lol...

ok back to why we are here.....
afc_big6_001.jpg

afc_big6_003.jpg

afc_big6_004.jpg

Here we have three of the PURE POWER PLANT fromNIRVANA that are going on week 5 of flowering.These seed's had the needed indica geans to make them growable in my set up.The POWER PLANT'S still grow to their own beat.Thay are healthy looking plants but really big plant's,even the one that lost it's main stem is over three ft. tall and growing.Last time I had plant's that were like this was a bag seed grow of really good chocolate thi so I dont know what to expect.Oh well ....peace from the beach:surf:

picked up a book the cannabis breeders bible to help me out in trying to fill my own seed reserves There seems to be alot more to it then i thought.If anything it should help to make me a more well rounded grower.I have already leard that when looking at the make up of some hybrid strain for example NL5 X hash plant that the first plant listed should be the female and the second should be the male.not that any of this will help with my frakenplant's:morenutes: I am sure this is a greenhouse or outdoor strain that got miss labeled.Thay still have along way to go in their flowering it looks like.Lets hope it's some sort of haze.

The pure power plants are doing well but with some hight problems but nothing that cant be handeld.Thay are putting on a nice layer of tricromes.Left to it's self it will grow in a normal christmass tree style but useing LST trainng the plant want's to make multipil cola's.Not all strains are candidates for LST training as I am learning I think it works best on sativa dom's or pure sativa's.

Basically, from what I have read, if you do a simple breed (ex. plant A x plant B) you will just get a bunch of seeds that have many different phenotypes. And to try and breed a stable line of genetics, you need to cull through hundreds of plants and only breed for specific phenos. If you want to make sure your genetics stay stable, then I would only cross plants from seeds that came in the same batch from the same breeder.

And if you don't care about stability, then I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Back
Top Bottom