Dame Blanche in my MJ tanner

Yep there's a fan.. but it won't fit anymore once I put the other hydro system in. Smallest oscillating fan I've found online is 9" and apparently not sold in canada. Is oscillation really important?

Here's a little update - day 11.. Changed my solution today and upped nutes to just under 600ppm. I also added some root stimulator and have to say I'm very impressed by the rate at which the roots are now growing! Lots of new growth on the plant too. Looks like she's happy!

R5.JPG

S2.JPG

Day 15.. Plant seems to be getting good horizontal growth.. the leaves have reached the edges of the 6" basket. They were a bit droopy before night time and seem to be better now that the lights are on again. She seems to be growing vertically slower than horizontally. I was thinking of raising the lights a bit to get just a tiny bit of stretch.
W.JPG

The baby leaves in the center seem to be growing a bit malformed, though, not sure if it's something to worry about? Also, the edges of the new growth is appearing a little yellowish... again, not sure if I should be concerned by this... any input or advice is appreciated. My PH is 6.2 and the plant is currently at 540ppm of grow 1 part nute.
T8.JPG

Side shot with some growth in the middle there
U.JPG

And the roots, which I think were beginning to see a bit of rot, seem to gradually be coming back to white after adding some H202 to the res. Should I be adding some daily?
V3.JPG

IMO I wouldn't raise the lights to try to get them to stretch. You'll be getting plenty of stretching going on when you switch over to flowering.

i agree about not raising the lights, also it is probably a ph issue in the makings. mid to high 5's would be better for the lil lady. funny leaves and the roots dieing back is a pretty solid sign.

thanks also! I brought the PH down to 5.6 yesterday and left the light where it was :) yellowness seems to have gone away.

The MJ Tanner,lol,that is a really nice setup and I love the name.Mother box is sweet too:grinjoint:.+reps for ingenuity. :peace:

Heyhey! Thanks for checking in!

I finally lost my battle against algae (& possibly root rot) about a month ago (click for a pic.. not for the faint of heart! lol ) and decided to take whatever cuttings I could on such a young plant, get rid of the rest and switch on to soil.

Only one of the 4 cuttings i took rooted, but I randomly came across 4 cuttings of a strain I am told is called Rock n Roll that I planted with it, and all of them took off nicely. So i'm now veging 5 plants, 2 or three of which will be flowered

Here's everyone planted in soil at day 1 (my WW cutting has the red star on the pot, bottom right.. the rest is RnR)
A20.JPG

and this was yesterday at day 12 (WW switched to bottom left)
A26.JPG

C28.JPG

my WW clone gets a little droopy every day before night time though, I was thinking perhaps cause I took the clone from such a young plant, but seems fine after night once the lights come back on.. it seems tired by the end of the day, i don't really know - the others are fine!
F11.JPG

I was feeding them nutes at hydro level (5.7 - 5.8) for a while and flushed and refed pH 6.7 solution when I realized my mistake (Thanks again for the help McBudz!)

So there you have it.. I was waiting for things to kick off nicely before posting an update.. which I think they are now

peace

the WW is a straight bush! Great job man. :yummy:

Did you lose some of them b/c I only see 3...

Those are gonna give you alot of nice buds my friend, grow on!! :peace:

Not a good idea... Just let em do their thing and they will make you very happy!

Trimming would cause stress that you really don't want. If you absolutely needed to I would say go ahead, but you dont. Trimming like you said would actually stunt growth instead of produce more growth...

They look very healthy so I would just leave em be.

Peace:peace:

All right Doc, thanks very much for the advice!

I've got em in 3 gallon bags now. Was mentioned on the Promix bag not to feed nutes for the first 2-3 weeks after transplant. That's pretty much when I'll be putting them in 5 gal bags to flower, so they'll have gone with only the nutes from the soil the whole time. Is there anything I should be giving them before I transplant? Extra B1?

I've got to say I'm quite pleased with the T5 strips..

The plant has grown bushy enough and now several of the bigger fan leaves touch the bulbs on each side of the growbox, but the plastic bulb protections keep them from burning. So the leaves can get right in there nice & close to the lights with minimal to no heat stress. I'll try to put some pics up soon if anyone even reads this thread..

Temps inside the box are also fairly good too now that i've added the osc fan - usually around 26C with 10 T5s inside. Can't wait for these babies to start flowering now!

Back
Top Bottom