Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

DD #1 Week 1

This little devil had a rough germination and really hasn't gripped the mix well. She was started in her 5 gal smart pot. She was almost burned on day one under the LED.

I've placed a US dime coin in the pic for perspective.

IMG_131524.JPG

What a charming way to put it. What a provocative journal title that would have made. :laughtwo: Congratulations. We'll be thrilled to add your grow. :battingeyelashes:

Heirloom Dances with the Dark Devil under a Mars light.....

Seriously, you all have lovely plants. This community journal made me buy auto's for the first time ever. I've never grown one. I currently have two fast and vasts but they were freebies. Last time I had even looked at autos (and LED lights in fact), they were a relatively new thing and results were less than impressive. That was maybe 2012/2013. Clearly advances have been made. 2 minutes after buying the beans I ordered 2 LEDs and 2 tents. Just in time as outdoor is coming to a close and I would have been REALLY bored until Feb/March.

Since there are awesome examples of LOS and CC style soils already and that is similar to what my outdoor girls get, I'm going to go with bottle organics inside. Earth Juice.

Game on.

DD #1 Week 1

This little devil had a rough germination and really hasn't gripped the mix well. She was started in her 5 gal smart pot. She was almost burned on day one under the LED.

I've placed a US dime coin in the pic for perspective.

Possibly the cutest ganja baby ever :) She's so little in that big pot!

My Sweet Dark Devil Auto seeds are now in Montreal, going through Customs -- hope they'll be here soon!

Heirloom Dances with the Dark Devil under a Mars light.....

Since there are awesome examples of LOS and CC style soils already and that is similar to what my outdoor girls get, I'm going to go with bottle organics inside. Earth Juice.

Game on.

Why go chemicals when you already grow organically?? The Auto plants are harder to grow and adding non-organic methods, IMHO will increase the complications a fair amount. I grow with coots style soil so its pretty easy, I've grown with EJ stuff in the past so have experience and I'd go LOS, again my experience and humble opinion. YMMV and green wishes for a happy healthy grow!!

DD Day 13

First feed today 1ml grow 0.5 ml cal/mag and 0.5tsp molasses per liter. Watered till runoff.

Do you normally use molasses? I'm thinking seriously of using some on my DD and I've seen the success of what thebeast27 has done with his. She's looking good by the way.

I like the Root Juice idea here. Just last week I was reading about humic acid. I have an interest in this for some reason.

You have an interest in it because you're developing instincts and yours told you that humic acid is important to healthy soil structure. There you go. Aren't you glad I could see inside your mind like that Jim? :laughtwo: Seriously, something you should be considering.

Why go chemicals when you already grow organically?? The Auto plants are harder to grow and adding non-organic methods, IMHO will increase the complications a fair amount. I grow with coots style soil so its pretty easy, I've grown with EJ stuff in the past so have experience and I'd go LOS, again my experience and humble opinion. YMMV and green wishes for a happy healthy grow!!

Hi Bob. Short answer is because I already have the line up.

Longer answer....

You see, it's like this. I moved across the country in January, leaving almost all my grow stuff behind. Before this year I was all hydro. I arrived with a PH pen and left over salt nutes. I didn't plan on growing anything this year since I had/still have a farm to build up. But stars aligned and I ended up with bag seed.

You can't give seed to a grower who's not growing and expect him/her NOT to grow those beans.

So I hastily started some. Then some more...all in a half assed 'soil mix' fed with salt nutes (soil mix got progressively better). It was going somewhat OK until the first set started blooming, then deficiencies started popping up. It didn't help that the salt nutes had been subjected to extreme cold and some high temps. So they are dead and now a disposal problem.

In a panic I ordered new nutes. Except at that point, in my mind, I was ready to give up hydro salt nutes. I needed to feed the plants ASAP and needed a solution that didn't require composting large matter. Enter the Earth Juice, the best looking and raved about 'organic' solution. I finished off my potted girls with EJ, fed the planted girls twice with it. And I do like it.

So now I have plenty left over. Would be a shame to waste it. I plan on using it up.

My soil mix evolved from what can only be described as a ban-able offense on cannabis to a Coot/Doc Bud hybrid of my own making. Will be interesting next year.

The autos are SUPER SIMPLE..... it's all of the tendencies to do things other than feed and water and let them be happy and grow that tends to mess them up.....

Everyone here are established growers and I'll be watching and liking from the shadows.... everyone has different views of everything but I'm a WHY guy..... I don't just want to hear someone's thoughts on something "tell me why"... so as I said you all are established growers and will do great on this dark devil I'm sure of it but I'm only a p.m away should anyone here want my opinion AND the reasoning behind it not just because I heard it else where..... happy growing to all...

Everyone here are established growers and I'll be watching and liking from the shadows.... everyone has different views of everything but I'm a WHY guy..... I don't just want to hear someone's thoughts on something "tell me why"... so as I said you all are established growers and will do great on this dark devil I'm sure of it but I'm only a p.m away should anyone here want my opinion AND the reasoning behind it not just because I heard it else where..... happy growing to all...

Thank you Atrain. It's reassuring to know we have you watching and waiting if we need the consult.

Hey there AT - glad you're here.

I grow 100% organic LOS (living organic soil) in no-til pots.

Why??
Easy to grow
Healthy to imbibe
Sustainable for the earth
Taste is better
WAY less expensive
consistent results
happier plants

Whats not to like about organic farming?

Okay looking like some nice auto grows a-going now. I'm not going to bang my organic drum again, but hey its all about the greens whatever works for everyone is what counts.

I'm just chugging along with my Dark Devil and a bunch of other Autos in our VEG room. It's cool that we can grow regular big ass plants in the flower room and grow these little biddy ladies in the VEG room along side the regulars. Its a nice match and keeps me busy. I'm soooo glad the heat and humidity is gone. We can ramp back up now finally.

Dark Devil... forget how old she is but not very tall, she will fatten up. Hopefully I'll get a zip or 3 out of her - most likely just one as she never really stretched at all... it is what it is.

Still pretty as all get out tho:

DSCN071110.JPG

This is a Blackberry auto

DSCN07129.JPG

Blackberry auto again..

DSCN07139.JPG

Blackberry's sister Blackberry

DSCN07145.JPG

The flower room with the regulars I put into flower a few days ago, there's more coming. The one in the back has been in there 18 days and I had to stake her main cola up she was starting a lean that made me worry - those buds get fat fast. Krystalica... so so easy to grow, I'm surprised they are not more popular.

DSCN07157.JPG

My ghetto cloner going again with some more Krystalica, just put them in tonight!!

DSCN07218.JPG

Whoa BB. The color you get on your leaves! Is that your lights getting them to turn like that? Amazing!

My middle girl is showing purple. (Day 43)

image34010.jpg

image34011.jpg

image34012.jpg

Day 16 in Living Organic Soil (LOS)

image34125.jpg

image34126.jpg

Just about time to upcan into a one gallon.

Back
Top Bottom