Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

And so beautifully lush Jim. You have an enviable garden. Proof of a happy gardener's loving hand. :hug: :love:

Looking like a very possible Halloween harvest. Will have to consider hauling her outside to harvest under the moon. (Shame there's no full hallowmoon) Monday will be day 61.
1027161433.jpg

i agree, too much white pistils, looks like it is still growing, it needs may be 3 more weeks? (at least 2 weeks, and probably less than 4).
What strain is it?

I'm with Jim and spacef. If you really want the Halloween harvest go for it, but if you give her another two to three weeks she'll pack on twice her current weight. I know that sounds ludicrous, but almost every one of us can testify to the power in those final two weeks. This plant's just getting revved up, from the looks of your picture 907Organics.

DDA4, The Final Vixen

She's into the impressive stage, all color and frost, packing it on every day. I figure another two to three weeks. I'll be starting her replacement at her feet in a day or so. For the first time in a while it won't be another devil. I need some CBD meds for capsules. Patient needs supersede SweetSue's desires. I have a nice inventory to carry me until I can start the next batch. The reserve seeds are dancing in the box, yearning to be set free. Lol!

Dark Devil Auto 4 (Day 68)

Yeah....... I got carried away with the camera. :laughtwo:

IMG_065946.JPG

IMG_066051.JPG

IMG_066348.JPG

IMG_066441.JPG

IMG_066249.JPG

IMG_066542.JPG

IMG_067140.JPG

IMG_067042.JPG

IMG_067641.JPG

I've been on rigorous mite patrol daily, and my approach has become to look for early signs of activity, flip the leaf over and paint the back surface with a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol. It seems to be the most effective method to date. If I come across any leaves that really got past me I carefully clip them and drop them in the trash. Obviously only effective for the artisan grower with few plants to patrol, but most effective in stemming the tide of the Borg.

On my way to ShiggityFlip's Halloween smokeathon. I made up a nice coffee drink I'm calling "Devil's Delight" using super strong coffee with a shot of Kahlua, a couple droppers of DDA tincture for kick and some whipped cream for the sheer delight of it.

IMG_067944.JPG

*slurp* OMG, this is unbelievably delicious. :laughtwo:

Come join us at Shiggity's. :battingeyelashes: :love:

i agree, too much white pistils, looks like it is still growing, it needs may be 3 more weeks? (at least 2 weeks, and probably less than 4).
What strain is it?

Shes a dark devil.
And I partially agree.. That picture was of the main cola and it is still growing. (I was being hopeful, hoping she somehow telepathically got the message. The sooner she comes down the better.)
She does have a few lower branches closer, like this one. Easily looks 60/40 red hairs ya?
1030161832.jpg

2 to 3 weeks more?! She's nearly lost all fan leaves. Im in a hurry for her to be done, but I guess if she can go the distance ill leave her be. Smaller buds will come off as ready.

You are right for the timing, I can see the senescence of the leaves. You should cut down all big leaves and let it another week. The lower buds will be more exposed, and you will have less work when manicuring. At this point, when they are turning yellow, you are actually helping the plant by removing them. It will not stop bud growth. (the biggest leaves after that should be the 1 or 2 under each buds, 'the crown"" as i call it :) (the one that is turning red on your pic should stay, but the bigger yellow ones could be removed)

I would let more leaves turn reddish/orange (the yellow one that look like they are becoming red).
Just a gut feeling from the picture, may be i would do otherwise if I grew it myself.

Telepathy with plants: yes your plant certainly heard you, but you can understand that she will never know or understand what the f*9** halloween is ! :)

Shes a dark devil.
And I partially agree.. That picture was of the main cola and it is still growing. (I was being hopeful, hoping she somehow telepathically got the message. The sooner she comes down the better.)
She does have a few lower branches closer, like this one. Easily looks 60/40 red hairs ya?
1030161832.jpg

2 to 3 weeks more?! She's nearly lost all fan leaves. Im in a hurry for her to be done, but I guess if she can go the distance ill leave her be. Smaller buds will come off as ready.

Shes a dark devil.
1030161832.jpg

How vividly I remember. Oh how it hurt to wait. I had a small group of growers looking into my first grow with all of them telling me to wait. And there I was watching these little buds and I was in conservation mode of what was to be the last bag of street weed I ever bought. Yep....I was jonesing for those buds to be done.

What happened you ask? It was suggested to set a date about a week into the future to take a limb. I had bought a loupe and was watching trichomes and they told me if they were mostly clear it would be an uppy high. They said if I could to wait for mostly cloudy with a few amber trichs.

It turned out just ok and I was somewhat satisfied but knew the suggestion to wait was correct.

Truth is....I'm only getting a little better at waiting.

Your plant is beautiful by the way. :high-five:

DDA4, The Final Vixen

She's into the impressive stage, all color and frost, packing it on every day. I figure another two to three weeks. I'll be starting her replacement at her feet in a day or so. For the first time in a while it won't be another devil. I need some CBD meds for capsules. Patient needs supersede SweetSue's desires. I have a nice inventory to carry me until I can start the next batch. The reserve seeds are dancing in the box, yearning to be set free. Lol!

Dark Devil Auto 4 (Day 68)

Yeah....... I got carried away with the camera. :laughtwo:

IMG_065946.JPG

IMG_066051.JPG

IMG_066348.JPG

IMG_066441.JPG

IMG_066249.JPG

IMG_066542.JPG

IMG_067140.JPG

IMG_067042.JPG

IMG_067641.JPG

I've been on rigorous mite patrol daily, and my approach has become to look for early signs of activity, flip the leaf over and paint the back surface with a 50/50 mix of rubbing alcohol. It seems to be the most effective method to date. If I come across any leaves that really got past me I carefully clip them and drop them in the trash. Obviously only effective for the artisan grower with few plants to patrol, but most effective in stemming the tide of the Borg.

On my way to ShiggityFlip's Halloween smokeathon. I made up a nice coffee drink I'm calling "Devil's Delight" using super strong coffee with a shot of Kahlua, a couple droppers of DDA tincture for kick and some whipped cream for the sheer delight of it.

IMG_067944.JPG

*slurp* OMG, this is unbelievably delicious. :laughtwo:

Come join us at Shiggity's. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Those dry leaves attract bug's. Do you always leave them on the soil when they fall?

Evidentially that sharpie will never run dry Tead. :laughtwo: To satisfy that thirst for the darker buds,

HARVEST: DDA4, Day 80

From the looks of it I'll be lucky to get an ounce and a half. From her color and perfume I anticipate that smaller-than-hoped-for yield to be potent. I'm replacing the soil with a fresh batch and growing the next one from a seed I was gifted. Sweet, eh?

IMG_135228.JPG

IMG_135330.JPG

IMG_135428.JPG

IMG_136036.JPG

IMG_140025.JPG

IMG_140131.JPG

IMG_139928.JPG

IMG_140228.JPG

You ready to try one Tead? :battingeyelashes: :love:

The aroma and flavor Tead...... This is a strain you would greatly appreciate from a sensory perspective. You're a man who excels at experiencing life. You owe it to yourself to try at least one, but I forewarn you, most of us started out thinking this would be a fun one-time shot to discover ourselves caught in her mesmerizing power.

Damn you woman!
I've been finding my own way down the path to temptation for many years now and I just don't need any help.
Plus, I've been a fan of Sharpies for many years and have plenty of them hanging around.

And yet, here I am, tempting you over and over again with this supremely satisfying strain - a visual joy to grow, an olfactory delight to walk by when she's in flower, and when vapped, a sweet taste that is so unique and delicious that it calls you back for more.

Time to get to the business of actually smoking this joint of mixed DDA I rolled over three hours ago. Sometimes I take what I do here too seriously. Lol!

IMG_146830.JPG

"And the beat goes on......"

Jarring it up: DDA4

Moving right along, it was time to jar up those airy buds I harvested last week.

IMG_152432.JPG

They may be airy, but they're absolutely beautiful. The smell is to die for and the color is The darkest yet.

IMG_1526.PNG

IMG_152829.JPG

DDA5, just breaking the ground in a fresh pot of soil. Right now she's in the tiny closet under the Vero240, but I have another seed germinating that'll take that space as soon as soil is ready next week, providing I haven't killed the sprout. :straightface: The cup took a tumble to the floor, but I rescued the sprouted seed, coated it in myco and popped it back into the soil. Awk!!! If it doesn't make it I'll start another.

IMG_153329.JPG

From left to right, DDA2 (hempy, under MarsHydro panels), DDA3 (LOS under MarsHydro panels), DDA4 (LOS, under the Timber Vero240)

IMG_153524.JPG

I'm getting ready to test her out now. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom