Dark Devil Auto: A Community Grow Record

I'm just amazed at her structure. All I've done was a weeks worth of ponytails. That is second and third node growth sticking out. She is pushing out ninth node currently.

Have you ever gotten the all green pheno Sue ? I'm wondering what else is different in it. Flavors, smells, high. :hmmmm:

My very first one didn't change color until the last two weeks, and she never got to deep purple, just a dirty brown. That's as close as I got to the green pheno. Growing under this Timber Vero panel they consistently come out looking like the one above.

The first harvest was the one Dale and I smoked his last weekend home before he died. It was some kick-ass smoke, I'll give it that. It's what got me through the early stages of grief. I don't know if I'd peg it as more or less potent. All of the DDAs I've grown have been a fairly consistent potency. They all give me a 24-hr buzz that often boarders on hallucinogenic.

You wouldn't believe how hard that stuff is for the newb mate lol. Looks great and I've tried aiming for it even after reading, I've got a plant growing that's lay on her back producing some beautiful bud. But she's literally laying on one side of the pot, could never find anything else to tie down after that one. One thing I've never seen yet is a how to and why of LST or mainlining, fluxing etc. I'd love to see it though as I reckon that's what this place is about. Maybe we need some stickies if they're already written :goodjob:

:laughtwo: I've had the main stalk pull stakes right out of the pot! They are some vigorious growers, once they get going. arteekay has a journal that's worth digging up and looking through, if learning to LST is your desire. They stopped posting because he was so good at it they have so much stock on hand they don't need to grow for months. Right after they expended the grow spaces. :rofl:

He beautifully illustrated the process though, with daily updates and these marvelous retrospective posts at each harvest. It's a goldmine of tutorial material on successfully executing LST.

Thanks Sue, I remember some of those posts I should check out the journal. I suppose I'm missing some growth nodes when I try and LST, I tend to just tie it down and watch it grow lol. One day I'll learn how to grow nice yielding plants, it's all fun learning :rofl:

Outdoor DDA in Australia, still got about 3 week before i think of harvesting. My first auto grow, but grown loads of photo strains outdoor over the years.
YN2Syfz.jpg

Its been pretty hot here (38c consistently) and shes been loving it but we also had 2 days of unexpected rain and there was mould on one of the lower branches so she's definitely sensitive to mould.

My DDA around 28-29 days I believe.....never too good at keeping track of them lol.
20170105_085556.jpg
20170105_085607.jpg

That looks about right dirt. :laughtwo: Nice leaf shine and color. She's getting ready to do her thing. :slide:

Outdoor DDA in Australia, still got about 3 week before i think of harvesting. My first auto grow, but grown loads of photo strains outdoor over the years.
YN2Syfz.jpg

Its been pretty hot here (38c consistently) and shes been loving it but we also had 2 days of unexpected rain and there was mould on one of the lower branches so she's definitely sensitive to mould.

*GASP!!!!!*

Good Lord AusOutdoor!!! A warning shot next time! :rofl:

What a beauty! That's the first one I've seen outdoors, I believe.

No one else has posted pictures of an outdoor DDA, have they? Please say no. I don't want to find out I missed something that significant. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for alerting us to the possibility that she's sensitive to rot. Now that you've tempted us I can hear the wheels turning in the brains of some of the cultivating maniacs that surround me. Lol! I know you suddenly made me think it's time to move somewhere that allows me to legally grow outdoors.

*GASP!!!!!*

Good Lord AusOutdoor!!! A warning shot next time! :rofl:

What a beauty! That's the first one I've seen outdoors, I believe.

No one else has posted pictures of an outdoor DDA, have they? Please say no. I don't want to find out I missed something that significant. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks for alerting us to the possibility that she's sensitive to rot. Now that you've tempted us I can hear the wheels turning in the brains of some of the cultivating maniacs that surround me. Lol! I know you suddenly made me think it's time to move somewhere that allows me to legally grow outdoors.

First outdoors that I remember. and she's a Whopper! :bongrip:

Thanks, i will post some more photos soon. shes doing good outside, the speed she stretched at surprised me! Like i said in the other post i think theres 3 or so weeks to go.

So apparently it isn't in the cards for me to grow DDA anytime soon. One order lost in the mail (I'm guessing customs, but who knows) and now for my reorder they are out of stock. C'est la vie. I have other seeds to keep me busy, but I was really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. :( Maybe next year.

Oh Jayne... :hug: Assume the universe knows what it's doing. The desire is there, and soon there'll be a fresh batch of seeds available.

Out of stock. :laughtwo: Someone's generating demand. We're not the only community playing with the Dark Devils. That had to make these guys happy.

IMG_318823.JPG

IMG_319113.JPG

When I won the shirt last year it didn't fit. I love this shirt. :laughtwo:

So apparently it isn't in the cards for me to grow DDA anytime soon. One order lost in the mail (I'm guessing customs, but who knows) and now for my reorder they are out of stock. C'est la vie. I have other seeds to keep me busy, but I was really looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about. :( Maybe next year.
True North seed bank has them. They're not a sponsor but I know Sweet Seeds uses them to ship to US and Canada (personal experience). I've never ordered from them directly so don't know what payment methods they accept.

First things first I want to say a big hello to the Dark Devil crew! I just wanted to ask what sort of yields to expect from this amazing beautiful plant! Is it a low/medium or good yielder?
Ive been thinking of running a few under a 600hps? Maybe even running some red poison and black cream along side it for comparison?
Thanks for the help! (Realistically id be happy with 3oz per plant im not sure if this is over expectation for this strain or not :))

Sent from my NEM-L51 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

First things first I want to say a big hello to the Dark Devil crew! I just wanted to ask what sort of yields to expect from this amazing beautiful plant! Is it a low/medium or good yielder?
Ive been thinking of running a few under a 600hps? Maybe even running some red poison and black cream along side it for comparison?
Thanks for the help! (Realistically id be happy with 3oz per plant im not sure if this is over expectation for this strain or not :))

Short answer... it depends on the phenotype and growing method. I have 4 in dwc now and hope to get 4oz apiece, but I've only grown two before and under less than ideal conditions.

Welcome Johnny. :hug: Like Rifleman says, it's pretty variable, but we all think it's a good enough smoke to keep at it. More than one of us has decided this is the preferred smoke. Considering the number of missteps we've each had at one time or another, that says a lot for the strain. There's something about the genetics in this strain. Get it right and you have a borderline hallucinogenic effect. Prepare it correctly in edibles and you have the potential for speed in plant form.

My smallest take was something in the neighborhood of less than 5 grams (early, emergency tear down of the tent with a stunted DDA) and my best, just over 4 oz. Regardless of yield, every harvest has kicked ass in potency. My best grows have been under my Timber Vero 240 panel. Light quality and intensity make a dramatic difference in yield, in my opinion, but I'm still learning the art.

bobrown14 has grown the most of the strain in this community. He gets lots of variation in size and yeild too. It doesn't stop him from running multiples at a time. I think you'll enjoy yourself emensely. The other strains perform beautifully, so lots of joy ahead for you in the gardening department. I look forward to watching you work your own magic.

Welcome Johnny. :hug: Like Rifleman says, it's pretty variable, but we all think it's a good enough smoke to keep at it. More than one of us has decided this is the preferred smoke. Considering the number of missteps we've each had at one time or another, that says a lot for the strain. There's something about the genetics in this strain. Get it right and you have a borderline hallucinogenic effect. Prepare it correctly in edibles and you have the potential for speed in plant form.

My smallest take was something in the neighborhood of less than 5 grams (early, emergency tear down of the tent with a stunted DDA) and my best, just over 4 oz. Regardless of yield, every harvest has kicked ass in potency. My best grows have been under my Timber Vero 240 panel. Light quality and intensity make a dramatic difference in yield, in my opinion, but I'm still learning the art.

bobrown14 has grown the most of the strain in this community. He gets lots of variation in size and yeild too. It doesn't stop him from running multiples at a time. I think you'll enjoy yourself emensely. The other strains perform beautifully, so lots of joy ahead for you in the gardening department. I look forward to watching you work your own magic.
After reading your threads for so long its great to finally be able to say hello! Thanks for your input I will be sureto give it ago!

You're hooked now dirt. There's no turning back. :laughtwo: :high-five:

Haven't had the gall to start my own journal yet, but a few of you Brixers know I'm here growing and a-lurking from CA! Have my first 4 DDAs (first of any auto, really!) now, will try and snap a few pics to finally contirbute something worth-while to this wonderful place.

Thanks for starting this thread up Sue, it's a lot of fun to read convinced me the DDAs were worth a shot, to say the least!

Also have some Malawi pollen from 2 grows ago....wonder how these DDA's might take to some super-potent sativa pollen?

-Stoney

Haven't had the gall to start my own journal yet, but a few of you Brixers know I'm here growing and a-lurking from CA! Have my first 4 DDAs (first of any auto, really!) now, will try and snap a few pics to finally contirbute something worth-while to this wonderful place.

Thanks for starting this thread up Sue, it's a lot of fun to read convinced me the DDAs were worth a shot, to say the least!

Also have some Malawi pollen from 2 grows ago....wonder how these DDA's might take to some super-potent sativa pollen?

-Stoney

Stoney........ I was so surprised to see your name pop up I rushed right over. :hug: :love: Hold on, coffee water started boiling. Be right back..........

Ok, I'm back. There are few things that smell better than fresh ground coffee brewing. Mmmm......

I'm thrilled you have some DDAs growing. :slide: Multiples too! :woohoo: I'll be watching for pictures. You know they're addictive to grow? Lol! Even the ones that give us pause make us want to plant again right away. I'll be growing my next ones exclusively with Doc's HB kit. Between us we should be able to figure out how to maximize these autos in that soil.

I'm so happy I could scream, Stoney, but my BIL, who lives below me, might not understand that expression. However, I am laughing, and I am a little bouncy. :yahoo:

There's no reason to feel bad about not having a journal of your own. You spice up all the other journals with your occasional shares. I don't think anyone's unhappy with that arrangement, and if they are, send them my way and I'll help them see otherwise. :laughtwo:

Stoney........ I was so surprised to see your name pop up I rushed right over. :hug: :love: Hold on, coffee water started boiling. Be right back..........

Ok, I'm back. There are few things that smell better than fresh ground coffee brewing. Mmmm......

I'm thrilled you have some DDAs growing. :slide: Multiples too! :woohoo: I'll be watching for pictures. You know they're addictive to grow? Lol! Even the ones that give us pause make us want to plant again right away. I'll be growing my next ones exclusively with Doc's HB kit. Between us we should be able to figure out how to maximize these autos in that soil.

I'm so happy I could scream, Stoney, but my BIL, who lives below me, might not understand that expression. However, I am laughing, and I am a little bouncy. :yahoo:

There's no reason to feel bad about not having a journal of your own. You spice up all the other journals with your occasional shares. I don't think anyone's unhappy with that arrangement, and if they are, send them my way and I'll help them see otherwise. :laughtwo:

I have a batch of Doc's soil ready and waiting...and only 2 DDA seeds left! What's a poor boy to do ? :) :volcano-smiley:

I've got the timer set to decrease daylight and increase nightlight by 30minutes each day this week--taking the tent into Flower mode, thinking 11/13 once it gets there!

As for the DDA photos--I finally got of my ass and took a few shot and wouldn't you know it, the phone died--LOL.. sometimes it doesn't take much to stop progress.

I find myself checking in here more and more, love this community, thank you so much for what you contribute Sue. Cheers gang!

Back
Top Bottom