Decoding The Holy Grail: Terpene & Cannabinoid Retention: Decarb to Extraction

That keif + 1/3 of the plant (lol) came in @ half strength. Don't see how i could have missed that many trichs. Heat was a little low but should not have made that much difference. 3.5 hrs should have been enough with so little plant matter. Another puzzle. It seems like the better the equipment, the worse I do. I NEED THE tCHECK! Uou need to know your batch sucks BEFORE you finish it.

Hi Kickin .... I don't remember why it didn't work before .. could you remind me/us? Do you know if its fixed?

Perhaps you guts could encourage them to be a sponsor :thumb:

The first one was working fine. The results were always close from experience. Then one day the screen froze. Could not reboot it back. They sent another which never acted right. Then, while at Canyons, they tried to update the codes for us. It didn't work so we quit there.

I have not outright asked but I kind of thought they might offer. Although I will be an "honest" tester, I am on their side to the extent that I really want that device to work. I don't know this but I suspect they gave one to Ruffhouse to play with. He youtubed a test with it but the results were questionable and he just accepted it with one test and moved on. We are a better option for beta testing by a long shot. We are way more in depth than he is. Did anybody notice the cup full of plastic testing vials in the pic at Canyons'? Dozens, and that wasn't all of them.

That being said, they have said they are giving me one. But I think it's more compensation for my problems than to publicize the device. BUT, if as many people have viewed this thread as I think, they should welcome the free publicity...with some help.

Canyon,
RE Entry 1217: Can you think of any reason off hand why I would not have gotten all the trichs with that crude screen? That was the worst results ever.

Two thoughts come to mind.

I am not sure that all of the the THC is in the trichs. In hard times, I have managed to get high on fan leaves.

Next, Breaking a bud up will show that they are found all the way into the bud, all the way to the stem.

Take a look at what did not go through the screen or poor some Everclear over it.

Thanks Canyon. I read recently that everything was in the trichs. But even fan leaves have them on there I think. I have residue coconut oil in the stuff now so I don't know what it would do to add Everclear.... Hmm... would everclear wash thc out of coconut oil????

And, good point on the buds deep wise. I looked at the outer layer of two buds but did not break them apart.

Botched batch contenued,
After most of the afternoon with a light buzz she decided that she wanted to try another last night with her night pills. She probably took them around 12 or 1 and said that she went to sleep around 3. She did not wake up until noon. I checked on her a few times. Her sleep looked as restful as I have seen in a while. I ask her if she went into stupid mode. She said she did not feel any stony effects.

I could tell that she was thinking of swapping out the morning CBD cap for the half dose of the one with THC. Then she said she should stick with CBD for daytime for a while.

I never know

Botched batch contenued,
After most of the afternoon with a light buzz she decided that she wanted to try another last night with her night polls. She probably took them around 12 or 1 and said that she went to sleep around 3. She did not wake up until noon. I checked on her a few times. Her sleep looked as restful as I have seen in a while. I ask her if she went into stupid mode. She said she did not feel any stony effects.
I could tell that she was thinking of swapping out the morning CBD cap for the half dose of the one with THC. Then she said she should stick with CBD for daytime for a while.
I never know

If this batch of capsules shows continued success will you be repeating it as is, with the cooling period in the middle? Or just run longer and hotter?

Thanks Canyon. I read recently that everything was in the trichs. But even fan leaves have them on there I think. I have residue coconut oil in the stuff now so I don't know what it would do to add Everclear.... Hmm... would everclear wash thc out of coconut oil????

And, good point on the buds deep wise. I looked at the outer layer of two buds but did not break them apart.
Kickn, I think the problem was the temperature of the infusion. If the THCA was actually extracted into the oil, it should still be possible to decarb it, shouldn't it?

If this batch of capsules shows continued success will you be repeating it as is, with the cooling period in the middle? Or just run longer and hotter?

I don't know how long or the temperature of the last heat cycle.

I have about 60 or 70 ml of this batch of oil left plus about 20 each of full caps and half full caps. Then there is at least 2 more grams of the extract. I will have the oil tested mostly to find out what the THC level is. She is comfortable with the half caps for now and there is enough mixed oil to make some adjustments.

This batch had very little CBD in it. It is going to have high CBDA, but I have converted an unknown amount of the THCA from the undecarbed portion. Judging from what 10mg will do for her, my guess is that the half full caps will have about 3mg of THC. Or, I could be wrong.

Once I know what the THC content is in this batch I can tailor nondecarbed and decarbed strains and ratios to improve the blend. Then I can vary the dilution to get the needed THC content.

Kickn, I think the problem was the temperature of the infusion. If the THCA was actually extracted into the oil, it should still be possible to decarb it, shouldn't it?

The buds were decarbed prior to extraction. But yes, if there are any acids left that made it into the oil, then they could be decarbed in the oil.

Anyone have a recommendation for a magnifier; style/power? I have a hand held combo 30/60 but it's hard to hold steady on 30x much less 60. I want to have a look at what was not used in the dry ice extraction. I forgot I had it.

Anyone have a recommendation for a magnifier; style/power? I have a hand held combo 30/60 but it's hard to hold steady on 30x much less 60. I want to have a look at what was not used in the dry ice extraction. I forgot I had it.

$9.50 and any smart phone

IMG_94194.jpg

20170728_083508.jpg

Back
Top Bottom