Demon42069 - First Grow - CKS Autos - Candy Cane - Amnesia Haze - Early Miss - 2016

Re: Demon42069 - First Grow - CKS Autos - Candy Cane - Amnesia Haze - Early Miss - 20

It's cheap, 10 English pounds for a 50 liter bag. Basic biobizz nutrients are a good price also. £10 per liter bottle of each grow and bloom. £20liter of topmax. Maximum dose of any is only 4ml per liter.

Re: Demon42069 - First Grow - CKS Autos - Candy Cane - Amnesia Haze - Early Miss - 20

When ypu are a growing genius like you, you dont have to check. Lol! Are you using the kit? Is that why people don't ph?
Buffered nutes? Or lucky tap. I do not know why ph testing is averted so much. Most all issues are ph related which is why AN is widely used. FF will bite you as will other nutes is your tap is near 7. My tap is close to 8 and after mixing bloom nutes it's at 5.5. A little K potash (poly si) 1 TSP to 4.5 gal and ph is just over 6. If/when tap falls (rain), Bloom nutes at 5 or under.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

thanks everyone for all the help. I thought the ffof was ph buffered as well but I may need to check on that. sounds like only thing I can do for now is change the candy canes water to 7.0 ph and feed them all full strength. ill just wait and see if it raises the ph and stops the dying leaves. I'm actually glad I ran into some of these problems just so I can get some experience correcting them. hopefully it will make the next grow a lot smoother. :thanks: again for all the help. :high-five:

Buffered nutes? Or lucky tap. I do not know why ph testing is averted so much. Most all issues are ph related which is why AN is widely used. FF will bite you as will other nutes is your tap is near 7. My tap is close to 8 and after mixing bloom nutes it's at 5.5. A little K potash (poly si) 1 TSP to 4.5 gal and ph is just over 6. If/when tap falls (rain), Bloom nutes at 5 or under.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

My tap is 7.0 and just 80ppm last time I checked. Mixed nutes tests between 5.4 and 5.9. The buffer is in the soil. I did a test last year after having high ph issues. I came to learn that my ph adjustments were messing with the ph of the soil and causing deficiency after deficiency. No such problems since I stopped ph correcting, other than my under feeding the greedy auto Berry Bomb.

My tap is 7.0 and just 80ppm last time I checked. Mixed nutes tests between 5.4 and 5.9. The buffer is in the soil. I did a test last year after having high ph issues. I came to learn that my ph adjustments were messing with the ph of the soil and causing deficiency after deficiency. No such problems since I stopped ph correcting, other than my under feeding the greedy auto Berry Bomb.

hmm that's interesting, I have heard people say they have better results not ph balancing. sounds like we have similar water as well, thinking maybe I'll try not ph balancing one for a couple waterings and see if there's any change. I've never felt comfortable putting those ph up and down chems in my water.

hmm that's interesting, I have heard people say they have better results not ph balancing. sounds like we have similar water as well, thinking maybe I'll try not ph balancing one for a couple waterings and see if there's any change. I've never felt comfortable putting those ph up and down chems in my water.

I myself have lucked out and haven't had to ph correct my feedings. I am using GH 3part nutes along with Armour Si but also using a hydro type setup. I have found that even when I feed with a ph of about 5 and check the reservoir of the hempy buckets a day later the ph is up to about 6 or 6.5 and a day later again it is up to about 7. It was more of a test to just leave my feedings at a low ph to see what was happening in my reservoirs and how the plants were taking up the nutrients. My conclusion here was that the plants are taking up the nutrients that they can at a lower ph, then as they use up those nutrients the ph rises and then the plant can take in the rest of the nutrients that it can at a higher ph. Kind of neat how it happens that way, saves me a ton in the end though with not having to ph adjust. I also have not had any major deficiencies, just the calcium issue that i corrected with adjusting my nutrients :)

Just though I would throw that out there as some info to soak in. I know it doesn't work this way necessarily with soil/organics but it does in this passive hydro setup :)

Edit - forgot to mention I am using RO water as well and it's ph sits at about 6.5

I myself have lucked out and haven't had to ph correct my feedings. I am using GH 3part nutes along with Armour Si but also using a hydro type setup. I have found that even when I feed with a ph of about 5 and check the reservoir of the hempy buckets a day later the ph is up to about 6 or 6.5 and a day later again it is up to about 7. It was more of a test to just leave my feedings at a low ph to see what was happening in my reservoirs and how the plants were taking up the nutrients. My conclusion here was that the plants are taking up the nutrients that they can at a lower ph, then as they use up those nutrients the ph rises and then the plant can take in the rest of the nutrients that it can at a higher ph. Kind of neat how it happens that way, saves me a ton in the end though with not having to ph adjust. I also have not had any major deficiencies, just the calcium issue that i corrected with adjusting my nutrients :)

Just though I would throw that out there as some info to soak in. I know it doesn't work this way necessarily with soil/organics but it does in this passive hydro setup :)

Edit - forgot to mention I am using RO water as well and it's ph sits at about 6.5

I remember reading about that, people use the ph swing to allow for optimal nutrient absorption at the different ph levels. I wonder if the candy cane ph has gone back up then from the soil buffer. I bought a soil tester but it's worthless, need to get a soil testing kit or something. thanks for the advice :high-five:

hey just a quick update. took my mouth swab drug test today so i can smoke again hooray (just wish i had something to smoke, dry til this weekend.) growing isnt nearly as much fun without weed to smoke. back to the plants though, fed them today but think I waited a day or two too long. they are looking pretty sad and droopy. having two different sized pots is making it hard to get the water schedule down. fed them full strength week 5 nutes with 1tsp calmag and 1.5x grow big just for this feed to give a little extra nitro. hoping they perk back up by tomorrow and the dying leaves stop. was also wondering if anybody knows whether flushing leaves in the toilet will cause any issues? I don't really like throwing them away in the dumpster where the cats like to scatter people's trash around. til tomorrow :thanks:

almost forgot to mention, the water with nutes ended up having a ph of 6.5 so think I'm just gonna forgo the ph up and down from now on. if they end up with a ph issue I'm probably just gonna take them out back and old yeller them, start over lol.

Hey man, hopefully the ladies have perked back up for you after their watering. It is always good to check on them every day to see if that soil is starting to get dry at the top. Lifting the pot after watering to get a feel for how heavy it is when watered is always a good judgement, you can lift the pot a few days later to see how light it is getting as the plant uses up the water/feed.

I myself wouldn't go flushing leaves down the toilet, some of them fans can get pretty big and you wouldn't want a ball of them getting caught up down there for someone to come pull out and start asking questions. If anything just grind them up good or put them in a couple of plastic bags and wrap them up with duct tape of something so cats wont get into it then toss them in the can with your regular garbage if you don't plant on keeping any of it.

You really should invest in a ph kit, I highly stress it actually. Just because the ph value was good in this weeks feedings doesn't mean it will be that good when you switch to the next week or if you had to add any sort of supplement to your feeding schedule. I just seen a guys plant growing in dwc that died in just 2 days due to too high of a ph level and it was amazingly healthy when I seen it last. Then he made and update a couple days after saying it was a goner. It doesn't take much sometime when it comes to ph levels, it can lock out nutrients in a real hurry and you could lose your whole crop due to that. It would be a lot of hard work thrown away with no returns. Some people just get lucky with their ph levels and that has more to do with their nutrients or the type of setup they may have, but I wouldn't chance it after seeing what it can do. For the price of even just getting a drop testers to ensure your ph isn't way out of whack, it could save you in the end.

Hope this helps and best of luck over here :)

Hey man, hopefully the ladies have perked back up for you after their watering. It is always good to check on them every day to see if that soil is starting to get dry at the top. Lifting the pot after watering to get a feel for how heavy it is when watered is always a good judgement, you can lift the pot a few days later to see how light it is getting as the plant uses up the water/feed.

I myself wouldn't go flushing leaves down the toilet, some of them fans can get pretty big and you wouldn't want a ball of them getting caught up down there for someone to come pull out and start asking questions. If anything just grind them up good or put them in a couple of plastic bags and wrap them up with duct tape of something so cats wont get into it then toss them in the can with your regular garbage if you don't plant on keeping any of it.

You really should invest in a ph kit, I highly stress it actually. Just because the ph value was good in this weeks feedings doesn't mean it will be that good when you switch to the next week or if you had to add any sort of supplement to your feeding schedule. I just seen a guys plant growing in dwc that died in just 2 days due to too high of a ph level and it was amazingly healthy when I seen it last. Then he made and update a couple days after saying it was a goner. It doesn't take much sometime when it comes to ph levels, it can lock out nutrients in a real hurry and you could lose your whole crop due to that. It would be a lot of hard work thrown away with no returns. Some people just get lucky with their ph levels and that has more to do with their nutrients or the type of setup they may have, but I wouldn't chance it after seeing what it can do. For the price of even just getting a drop testers to ensure your ph isn't way out of whack, it could save you in the end.

Hope this helps and best of luck over here :)

hey yeah they were definitely looking happier this morning. do you mean a test kit for the dirt or the water? yeah i would hate to lose my crop to something like that. I have a ph tester for the water I check at every feed and the runoff after. my water with or without nutes always seem to stay between 6.1 to 7.1 so was thinking of not adjusting to 6.5 every unless it's outside those ranges. try and avoid those additional chems unless absolutely necessary.

I tried the lift and check the weight method but hard for me to tell so I normally wait for top two inches to dry. think these warrior pots dry fast though so I'll check in the morning and they're still wet but by next morning the are droopy. guess I need to start checking twice a day. might even have to start watering the 3 gal a day before the 5 gal.

cool thought flushing might be a bad idea, I like the tape idea. just look like a balled up wad of tape. what about garbage disposal, would that grind them up enough you think? :thanks: for the advice, appreciate it.

looking happier, still some more yellowing happening but hopefully that's the last night of that.

20160615_200344.jpg

hope they don't get too much taller, only have about half a foot of ratchet slack.
20160615_200404.jpg

What's up demon? Plants are filling out quite nicely. Those bud sites are forming and will be monsters when they grow up. Have a good night. :passitleft:

hey Canna, just staring at my bowl wishing it would fill itself up lol. :dreamy: thanks, the candy cane in the back middle seems like it's trying to take over, I feel bad for those 3 gal next to it. I'm just waiting for those trichromes to form, get that good smell. I plan on setting up my 2x4 veg tent this week too, get those phenos vegging for when these are done. good night :passitleft:

Oh fun! Another tent! That's great! You will be able to do more of a perpetual grow. It's nice to always have babies growing

yeah that's the plan, was thinking of popping 2 seeds 6 different strains. start in solo cups, transfer to 2 gal, pick the best of each strain for transfer to 5 gal then on to flower tent. wish I could grow 12 strains and alternate 6 in flower but can't think of a way without using a lot of dirt or a third tent. maybe just keep cloning from solo cups. I do love seeing the babies pop out of the dirt for the first time. :cheer:

Girls are looking good Demon. Just gonna sit back and watch the bud show:thumb:

hey thanks, it is the best show on tv, and this should be the most interesting part (hopefully). love your name by the way, can't help but say it to myself in a funny voice lol. :loopy:

Hello everyone, Herbie's and the Gorilla both have comps going on right now, stop on by for a chance to win some free seeds.
Herbies Customer Competition - Win Seeds Of Your Choice May 2016
Gorilla Seeds June Comp - Better Late Than Never!
Also don't forget about the monthly :420: contests for MOTM,POTM, and NOTM. Make sure you stop by and vote.
420 Contests
:thanks:

for anyone that didn't see this in dirt's journal. :cheer:

Back
Top Bottom