Desperate for help

I would search google NPK for flower NPK for veg. The top pic looks like boron deficiency

belay that for now. avoid the rabbit hole.

start here for the moment.

It is not a disaster and no reason to quit. There a a really good chance that with some patience and following some of the ideas that the group will throw at you the plant will produce a harvest. It might not be like the ones that experienced growers take photos of. But, it will be yours and what you learn will go a long way to learning about harvests that will impress you and every one you show them to.

Follow through to the end and your harvest will be better than what you will get if you give up now just to start over.

Some random thoughts that popped into mind while reading the messages. They are all pretty much the usual gardening and growing points I have seen come up in other messages.

Avoid youtube videos. The videos are showing what worked for that particular person. It does not mean that the video is showing what will work for anyone or everyone else. It will be hard to find a video that shows someone else's failure.

Drill holes in the bucket instead of using a knife to hack holes. A 1/2 inch drill bit will work great. Make about 4 or up to 6 holes for starters. Also good therapy when we realize it looks better. Anyway, the point is, if the knife slips you could end up with holes in your other hand or some other body part.;) Buy a proper gardening pot or two. It will probably be cheaper than driving back to the hardware store for a new bucket that will hold water. Yes, the time will come when you will want a bucket of water to mix up some of the fancy fertilizers we all seem to love to buy.

Speaking of buckets, fill your planting container, whether it is a pot or bucket, up to about an inch or so below the top. No point in spending money and only using 2/3s of the available space. If we are filling a 3 gallon bucket with 2 gallons of soil then we might as well just buy a two gallon container.

The Fox Farm Big Bloom is not really a fertilizer. The amounts of nutrients in it are so low as to be non-existent. It is a blend of organic stuff and then filled with micro-organisms which help to produce a healthy soil for the plant's roots. Keep it and use it at the dose printed on the back of the bottle.

Don't worry about the Miracle Grow. If it is all you have at the moment it is possible to learn how to use it till something better comes along.

my girl was doing great before I switched to flower does it look like nute burn or disease after I started using the fox farm that's when the change happened.
When the plant started to flower it started to need an increase in nutrients. The plant itself needs to maintain what it already had growing plus all the new growth.

I trimmed off all the leaves 2 days ago and now its just drying up on me
;)See, it is not the Fox Farm Big Bloom that caused the problem. ;).

There are many successful growers who will cut off most of the fan leaves when their plants are in flower but most of those folk will wait till the plant is much closer to time of harvest. These guys and gals seem to wait till the last one or two weeks before harvest.

The leaves you cut off were the ones that produced most of the starches, sugars and what-not that the plant needed. Those leaves are where most of the magic of photosynthesis was taking place. The plant will try to replace them but it will be a hard slow process since it is now trying to produce more flower buds.

By the way, let the group know if the grow medium in the bucket is a soil mix or a what is called a soil-less mix.

And it is a healthy plant so do not give up.

This is my little setup all I have right now

IMG_20230211_163310.jpg

IMG_20230211_163158.jpg

IMG_20230211_163034.jpg
i see one problem, the Miracle Grow ACTUALLY your defeating your purpose using that with the organic man all the salts in that are hard on things not to mention the heavy metals id try starting off by giving a good flush and QUIT using the Miracle grow.....I've found you get out what you put in good luck ✌️Ron from Michigan

IMG_20230210_080212.jpg

Hey @Hempenzo, I agree with much of what the others have said... we'll get you sorted out!

I make my own custom soil mix, and grow outdoors in greenhouses, but I see where you're at, and it's a good start. I think others would agree that if you use Fox Farm Happy Frog soil, and Fox Farm Grow Big for veg, and Tiger Bloom for flower, and follow the recommended feeding, that you'll be successful – no other fertilizers necessary. (I've personally never used this combo, so based on what others suggest, perhaps also CalMag if needed.) A good pot size progression is 2" pot for sprouting the seedling, 1 gal after that, and a final size of 5 gal. You can use regular black plastic nursery pots... they're fairly inexpensive, and already have holes in them. You need to follow a wet/dry cycle for watering, and we can help you understand that if you need help.

Here's my latest thread, if you'd like to check it out:

There's also some helpful links in my signature.

happy growing! 🌱

Back
Top Bottom