New to growing and I need a little help

Welcome! Hope we can be of help. If you’re talking a good cannabis soil there are several, Fox Farms Ocean Forest or Happy frog, there’s also Coast of Maine, though I’ve not used it. There are many others, stay away from things that are advertised as already having enough for a grow in it (miracle grow). I personally am a soil grower and like the FFOF. But again I’m sure you’ll get more recommendations. You should start your seedlings in small pots (solo cup size), with a good seedling mix, until they get 4 nodes or so, then repot. As far as pot size it depends on (if growing indoors) how much space you have both sq footage and height. In soil I would use at least 5 gallons, space permitting. Generally, outdoors, the bigger the better.

Welcome to 420 Magazine @Hecate

What style of growing would you like to learn?
I suggest starting out with one plant, until you get a little experience.
Do you have any equipment yet?

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok.. :bong:

Welcome to 420mag @Hecate :welcome: a great place for new growers you'll get all the help you need and more 😁
Once you find your way around, a grow journal is the best way to get the most accurate help the quickest. If you do manage to get one going but really need help use @users name to get someone's attention and I'm sure they can help or know a guy 😎 everyone is friendly here so it's no trouble.

Happy growing ✌🏽
@Greenvein

Soil:

When it comes to choosing soil for growing cannabis, it is important to use high-quality soil that is designed specifically for cannabis plants. Make sure to avoid soil that contains synthetic nutrients or fertilizers, as these can cause nutrient imbalances and other issues. Instead, consider using nutrient-rich soil and adding additional nutrients such as compost, perlite, or worm castings to promote healthy plant growth.

Container size:

Choosing the right container size is also important for growing cannabis. You want to choose a container that is large enough for the plant's roots to grow, but not so large that the soil becomes waterlogged or the plant becomes rootbound. For seedlings, a small container such as a solo cup or nursery pot is sufficient, but as the plant grows, you will need to gradually increase the size of the container to accommodate the growing roots. A good rule of thumb is to use a container that is approximately 2-3 gallons in size for each foot of plant height.

Soil:

When it comes to choosing soil for growing cannabis, it is important to use high-quality soil that is designed specifically for cannabis plants. Make sure to avoid soil that contains synthetic nutrients or fertilizers, as these can cause nutrient imbalances and other issues. Instead, consider using nutrient-rich soil and adding additional nutrients such as compost, perlite, or worm castings to promote healthy plant growth.

Container size:

Choosing the right container size is also important for growing cannabis. You want to choose a container that is large enough for the plant's roots to grow, but not so large that the soil becomes waterlogged or the plant becomes rootbound. For seedlings, a small container such as a solo cup or nursery pot is sufficient, but as the plant grows, you will need to gradually increase the size of the container to accommodate the growing roots. A good rule of thumb is to use a container that is approximately 2-3 gallons in size for each foot of plant height.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend.
If you want to meet everyone and say hi here is a link

#VIVOHUT #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

When a package of infused oil or gummies says "delta 50 mg," it typically means that each serving contains 50 milligrams of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). However, it's important to check the label or packaging for more information, as it may also indicate other cannabinoids or terpenes present in the product.

If you're making your own infused oil from flowers, the potency will depend on the starting material and the extraction method used. To calculate the potency of your infused oil, you'll need to know the amount of THC in the starting material and the amount of oil you're using. You can then use a formula to calculate the total amount of THC in the infused oil.

Here's an example formula:

(Total THC in starting material x Extraction efficiency) / Total amount of oil = Potency of infused oil

Keep in mind that the potency of your infused oil may vary depending on the starting material and extraction method used. It's important to test your oil for potency before using it in your gummies.

Back
Top Bottom