DIY cloner, need help! Thanks

Frogtownusa

Every video I have watched that uses air stones and pumps, nobody tells you how far to put the stem of the plant into the water or above the water using that type of system . They only bubble and are not enough to spray. Does the stem touch the liquid in the tank? Or does it ride right above it catching the mist from the bubbles? Million people show you how to make them but nobody tells you what the specs are for your plants depth . Thank you :)

I use dirt and powder but I've looked into making one of these, so I did a bit of searching and the few references and images I found showed 1/2 off the water, which would lead me to believe you don't want them submerged. Makes sense, you want to keep them wet but not drown them...seems really just like my cuttings in soil under a dome, I have to spray 3-4 times a day for a while and be gentle with the light for a few weeks while they harden up and take root.

Thanks Joe! I’m using that method to her just trying to find something that will work for me. I have 90% failure with Rockwall following all the instructions between soaking it and making at the proper pH blah blah blah, blah blah blah. Can’t get it to work so I’m using dirt and gel plus powder . I’m using dirt plus gel , rockwall, and DosEquis beer bottles with an air hose at the bottom. Stem is just touching the water with it off . Just trying to splash it. Two bottles, one has Chronex solution with water and the other one has plain water both about 6.2 pH ..... i’m glad I like science when I was a kid ha ha Ha ! I love this :) the whole thing. It’s like hunting for deer only it’s even more of a chalkange because start to finish is the whole entire deer season +3 months ! Haha Thanks. I’m trying that now

I use dirt and powder but I've looked into making one of these, so I did a bit of searching and the few references and images I found showed 1/2 off the water, which would lead me to believe you don't want them submerged. Makes sense, you want to keep them wet but not drown them...seems really just like my cuttings in soil under a dome, I have to spray 3-4 times a day for a while and be gentle with the light for a few weeks while they harden up and take root.
Okey-dokey! Thanks for the pointer. Is there anything else you can tell me trying dirt. I sprayed mine the other day and for some reason it still seems moist, almost too moist . Plenty of holes in the bottom for drainage. Used a toilet paper tube and cut it in half folded the bottom in like you were going to make some homemade M-80 , I mean blockbusters ha ha Ha then poke some holes in it and wrapped aluminum foil around the outside of the side so it doesn’t fall apart when watering . Just playing around. I got some blackberry stuff, siege growing in her side of Pringles can. Use the top of the Pringles can to cover it so it would act like a humidity down for the first couple days while germinating. Popped one! Got it one more to go
Science! Ha ha Ha Trying this, see what it’s going to do. All I need is a couple clones at a time. I don’t have very much space. I’m just trying to get the next one going for the next grow . Apparently I suck at it ! Here’s my homemade bubbler. Air hose in the bottom of a DosEquis Beer bottle, clone ask Joe about an inch and a half on the stem. Water 1/4 inch below the stem. While at making bubbles the bubbles are touching the bottom of the stem up about a half to 3/4 of an inch beer bottle, clone ask Joe about an inch and a half on the stem. Water 1/4 inch below the stem. While it’s making bubbles the bubbles are touching the bottom of the stem up about a half to 3/4 of an inch :) i’ll let you know if it works. I’m not going to spend 20 or 50 or $80 on a cloner if I have an air hose and a couple of beer bottles :)

Attachments

• 2DC0687F-9A0C-461D-BFEA-56D67AC3A394.jpeg
    2DC0687F-9A0C-461D-BFEA-56D67AC3A394.jpeg
    514.6 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    569.4 KB · Views: 85
Yes I run into the same thing I killed so many with rockwool that I made my own bubbler
I do submerge the stem in plain water with no dome and hardly have to spray them down and when I do it's not because they wilt it because they start yellowing and I spray them with a little cal mag like 2ml a quart
Water temp is another key I just got a aquarium heater that will keep it at 78 seems to be working
When I (shave there legs) I take a coffee can of water with me and cut them off and throw them right into the water so they don't have a chance to get a air bubble in the stem then if you want to trim it do it under water as long as you don't crush the stem your good
I don't know if that's right or wrong but works for me with little to no effort at all I'm gonna say I have high 90s survival rate because some you just know ain't gonna root

PS I love the beer bottle cloner

Yes I run into the same thing I killed so many with rockwool that I made my own bubbler
I do submerge the stem in plain water with no dome and hardly have to spray them down and when I do it's not because they wilt it because they start yellowing and I spray them with a little cal mag like 2ml a quart
Water temp is another key I just got a aquarium heater that will keep it at 78 seems to be working
When I (shave there legs) I take a coffee can of water with me and cut them off and throw them right into the water so they don't have a chance to get a air bubble in the stem then if you want to trim it do it under water as long as you don't crush the stem your good
I don't know if that's right or wrong but works for me with little to no effort at all I'm gonna say I have high 90s survival rate because some you just know ain't gonna root

PS I love the beer bottle cloner

How far are the stems in the water of the bubbler? Also do you use rooting hormone?

built a couple cheap bubblers.
leave the stems just above the water line. the ends rot if they touch before it gets a chance to sprout a root.
my bubblers are pretty shallow, made them outta tupperware type containers.

i've used cloning gel on them as well.
not so needed in a bubbler or aerocloner. it can make difference, but usually just washes off.
scrape the stems you expose in the bubbler.

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Now I'm thinking back to how I could of messed up a batch I tried without the stems in the water and maybe I didn't have them warm enough now I gotta try again and se I have only seen one person say submerge the stem and tried it and it worked so I never looked back doing another round in a week or so above I also over kill with air maybe that's what has been saving me idk

I trust emilya always good advice

Thanks everyone. Got some parts from my buddy today. Need two sprayer heads to fix the broken ones from the sprayer he gave me. Gave me four pumps too :) not getting the parts till tomorrow because I’m into the first week of flour I’m trying to neighbor up there what I can to get it reversed for the next practice round ha ha Ha . Made my own bubbler out of a pool noodle and a mason jar. Plus air pump :) It’s going to work too because it’s exactly how y’all told me to set it up. Just above the water. :) Thanks pair of DosEquis bottles . And mason jar with a pool noodle and air pump. And mason jar with a pool noodle and air pump :)

Thanks everyone. Got some parts from my buddy today. Need two sprayer heads to fix the broken ones from the sprayer he gave me. Gave me four pumps too :) not getting the parts till tomorrow because I’m into the first week of flour I’m trying to neighbor up there what I can to get it reversed for the next practice round ha ha Ha . Made my own bubbler out of a pool noodle and a mason jar. Plus air pump :) It’s going to work too because it’s exactly how y’all told me to set it up. Just above the water. :) Thanks pair of DosEquis bottles . And mason jar with a pool noodle and air pump. And mason jar with a pool noodle and air pump :)
I have got to see a picture!

Berry-D'licious No AACT Organic - Grow Journal
Pineapple Chunk Mega Crop Test - Grow Journal

Every video I have watched that uses air stones and pumps, nobody tells you how far to put the stem of the plant into the water or above the water using that type of system . They only bubble and are not enough to spray. Does the stem touch the liquid in the tank? Or does it ride right above it catching the mist from the bubbles? Million people show you how to make them but nobody tells you what the specs are for your plants depth . Thank you :)
Exactly! Got it figured out. Picked up a used pump and spray system. Use an old floormat and put it on the top of the 5 gallon bucket. Works like a charm so far !

Attachments

• 45E17FD7-0AB3-4E8C-B798-FF6A93F89F3D.png
    45E17FD7-0AB3-4E8C-B798-FF6A93F89F3D.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
Back
Top Bottom