DobeWan's First Grow! LA Confidential & 24K Gold - LED - 3x3 - Coco

I'm definitely getting a crash course in what "finishing" means!

I guess I just assumed +2 weeks on both strains for flower by default. If I chop on the dates I'm heading towards, LA Confidential will come down at 63 days (DNA said 49-56) and 24K Gold will come down at 70 days (DNA said 63-70).

It's interesting to see their water needs drop. I couldn't believe how heavy LA1's pot was yesterday when I picked up the pots. Directly contrasted against the newly flipped ladies who seem like bottomless pits. They must be in their "adolescent teenager" phase of appetite.

My coco gals are still eating what I am feeding them, but the RDWC gals are not eating much, only drinking...my PPM's are steady with my PH dropping slightly in a 3 day period and adding another 5 gallons of PH'd only water every 4th day, so its kind of a slow flush from here on out with them.
Trich's are getting cloudier but no amber so far, I will do a good check with the microscope tomorrow I think I figured out how to get it to do JPEG's again.

My coco gals are still eating what I am feeding them, but the RDWC gals are not eating much, only drinking...my PPM's are steady with my PH dropping slightly in a 3 day period and adding another 5 gallons of PH'd only water every 4th day, so its kind of a slow flush from here on out with them.
Trich's are getting cloudier but no amber so far, I will do a good check with the microscope tomorrow I think I figured out how to get it to do JPEG's again.

I find it hard to get good shots. I have 2 scopes, the one gtrmike has that doesn't take photos, and a cheapo one that clips onto a smartphone lens. The smartphone lens scope is more useful, but the quality is far worse - its field of vision is very short, so it's hard to get a nicely focused shot. The no photo scope has way better FOV but no easy photo capability. I tend to just clip it onto my tablet and check them out directly on the tablet screen.

Look for one of these hand held microscopes Dobe, they are cheap and work great .
420-magazine-mobile823418926.jpg

Re: DobeWan's First Grow! LA Confidential & 24K Gold - LED - 3x3 - Coco

It amazing how close these phone cameras let you get for a pretty clear shot, I don't think I can get a microscope for an iPhone though, but it would be nice .

I can't upload a photo now but here's the name of the one I bought on Amazon:

Neewer 60X-100X Optical Zoom Mobile Phone LED Microscope Lens with Universal Clamp for iPhone 6S plus/6S/6/6plus/5 5c 5s,Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H /S4 i9500/S3 i9300/ Note 2 II/ Note 3 III/Note 4 IV

What do you guys think? I'm thinking I'll chop LA1 Friday, LA2 Saturday.

j01f58-LA1-002-1000x750.jpg

j01f58-LA2-001-1000x750.jpg

Bonus shots!

LA1 main cola

j01f58-LA1-001-750x1000.jpg

24K1 looking as photogenic as she ever has. The fattening of her colas over 24K2's at the finish is really surprising me.

j01f58-24K1-001-1000x750.jpg

That's a beautiful looking main on LA 1, love that purple! I do see Amber's on her top, are you starting to see that on lower tops too?

Yeah, I have almost all amber hairs on all buds the whole way down. The purple is exaggerated by the blurple lighting... here's a shot with just the side T5 running. There's certainly purple up top, it's just not quite so pronounced as the light makes it look.

j01f58-LA1-003-750x1000.jpg

Yeah, I have almost all amber hairs on all buds the whole way down. The purple is exaggerated by the blurple lighting... here's a shot with just the side T5 running. There's certainly purple up top, it's just not quite so pronounced as the light makes it look.

Right now, I have few scattered Amber hairs on everything above the scrog, with most starting top down, the only Amber trich's are on top select buds only and they are not consistent bud to bud per plant, That is why I am thinking slow chop as each plant/cola comes of age. I don't need a instant stash like most and I am sure you don't either, I look at all them small popcorn's and think how can I make them better!

I plan on slow & low with the biggies, and have a marker, plenty of small paper lunch bags, and a full size fridge available, sounds like a new learning curve to play with!

Hello everyone, I just subbed up. Looks like I have some catching up to do!lol I am growing 1 kushy kush and it's a strange one. When I catch up here I will see if I just have a strange plant of not. Maybe I just got a strange pheno . Anyway thanks for sharing.

Right now, I have few scattered Amber hairs on everything above the scrog, with most starting top down, the only Amber trich's are on top select buds only and they are not consistent bud to bud per plant, That is why I am thinking slow chop as each plant/cola comes of age. I don't need a instant stash like most and I am sure you don't either, I look at all them small popcorn's and think how can I make them better!

I plan on slow & low with the biggies, and have a marker, plenty of small paper lunch bags, and a full size fridge available, sounds like a new learning curve to play with!
You're right, I'll survive if I harvest or not. I kinda like this idea of taking time. My lowest colas definitely aren't as far along. That said, if I get nice couchlock from the top, I'm OK with a headier high from the popcorn.

I suspect I'll have enough amber throughout by the weekend it won't much make a difference that the bottoms aren't quite as ambered up. But these final days have come with noticeable swelling on all plants, so whether the swelling continues so nicely is probably the final determining factor for me.

I did the same thing on the weekend - bought paper bags and nitrile gloves. My fridge is just a bar fridge but I figure it'll be plenty of room. I'm not LEDRF, pulling pounds! Maybe next run. :laugh:

I'll probably keep a few buds out just to see the difference, and get traditional style cure experience.

Hello everyone, I just subbed up. Looks like I have some catching up to do!lol I am growing 1 kushy kush and it's a strange one. When I catch up here I will see if I just have a strange plant of not. Maybe I just got a strange pheno . Anyway thanks for sharing.

Thanks Wastedknight, always exciting to see a new person stop by!

My Kushy Kush's most striking feature is its structure. It's impressive, I can tell that even as a novice. Strong and symmetrical branches and tops. I'm so impressed that I think I'm going to take clones as it was a single freebie seed.

I'm thinking I'll close this journal down in a few weeks and start up a perpetual journal. But I'll post up progress pics here until the perpetual thread goes up. Feel free to post up pics anytime. How far along is your Kushy Kush? I vegged 56 days, and got the shape I wanted with top-down defoliation throughout veg. I'm now in my first week of flower!

DobeWan's First Grow! LA Confidential & 24K Gold - LED - 3x3 - Coco

Thanks Wastedknight, always exciting to see a new person stop by!

My Kushy Kush's most striking feature is its structure. It's impressive, I can tell that even as a novice. Strong and symmetrical branches and tops. I'm so impressed that I think I'm going to take clones as it was a single freebie seed.

I'm thinking I'll close this journal down in a few weeks and start up a perpetual journal. But I'll post up progress pics here until the perpetual thread goes up. Feel free to post up pics anytime. How far along is your Kushy Kush? I vegged 56 days, and got the shape I wanted with top-down defoliation throughout veg. I'm now in my first week of flower!

Glad you guys finally found each other!

Anyone have an opinion on pre-chop? They've been lights out since 8AM. 48 hours darkness is not an option because of my other flowering plants. Should I give them a last watering tonight, or just let them dry out now? If I do a last watering, do I need to give it a big flush or is a regular watering better? I've been watering plain 5.8 pH water to 25%ish runoff for 10 days. Tomorrow night, when I plan to harvest (unless I get antsy tonight) will be 61F. Every grow journal I found online harvested by 63F - some well earlier - except 2013 420mag member of the year KingJohnC, who let it go 70 days. I read that I probably want to avoid going beyond 10 days of flushing in coco. Tomorrow would be my 11th day. So I think the timing is right to chop tomorrow, but a high-profile 420mag member going a week later has me curious. If I open the tent tonight and find the buds are still clearly swelling nicely, can I safely go beyond 10 days of flushing and chop later?

Back
Top Bottom