DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure

Oops forgot to sub. I'm here with theatre glasses and popcorn. No long rants about sports in your journal promise...;)

G2HM, if you don't rant about sports or whatever else in my journal I'll be disappointed! Your thoughts are always welcome here! Really glad to have you along. You get the fat Rasta spliff... :Rasta:

I put the seeds in to germ about 16 hours ago.

Just planted Violator Kush and Royal Gorilla. Royal Gorilla popped out of its shell within the paper towel - still with a fairly short taproot though - in 16 hours. Hope this is a good omen. Violator Kush had its taproot out a little way. I planted both with the taproot at 11:00 (thanks Mike) into coco that had been watered a couple of hours ago. I gave them a few drops of plain water as well.

Critical and Candida didn't look ready. Candida was starting to open its shell but the taproot hadn't really poked out. Critical looked like the shell was barely opening. I could have just planted, but I'll wait for the taproot to emerge. I'm hoping I get both planted tonight.

I had a buddy i gamed with several years ago who lived in Liverpool about 4 blocks from the stadium. He used to go to matches with his dad and would send pics. Ive had a soft spot for Liverpool since then. But my pro team here in the states are the The Crew!

Alright, here's where things are in the veg tent at the start of the journal.

Veg Tent

veg-20170826-all-001-1000x750.jpg

The clones...

24K Gold

(See the flower write up for the background on 24K Gold - I won't repeat here)

Origin: 3 clones, cut 7/10/2017
Veg: 47 days

While I flipped the other 3 24K Gold #2 clones from my first grow, I decided to keep one aside as a potential mother. 24K2 was my top yielding plant from my first grow and has the nicest smell, although it remains to be seen if she's the best smoke. Her branch broke in late veg, right before flipping IIRC, so when I cut the clones, she came pre-topped. I decided to keep her behind as the mother because I'd let the height of the other 3 get out of control, whereas this plant is still short, giving me a chance to keep her low and bushy.

veg-20170826-24K2-47V-001-1000x750.jpg

Kushy Kush

(see the flower write up for the background on Kushy Kush - I won't repeat here)

Origin: Clone, cut 8/25/2017
Veg: 2 days

I cut 2 clones of Kushy Kush, and did a poor job of one as it wilted and died immediately. The second appears to be staying alive. Lid stays on for now, but I'll update with Kushy Kush as she roots. The idea here is to keep the genetics - I just had a freebie single seed of her mother, and that plant has been growing very nicely.

I'll get some photos of her outside of the tray when she's ready.

The seedlings...

veg-20170826-all-002-1000x750.jpg

Ignore the dates - these went in today, I had the date wrong and had to fix it! All 4 were germed using the paper towel method starting last night. Royal Gorilla and Violator Kush went into coco with a bottom layer of perlite in solo cups this afternoon. Candida and Royal Critical went in tonight.

Violator Kush

Breeder: Barney's Farm

This heavy-producing indica-dominant plant grows short with big leaves, thick stems, and bushy growth. Buds are heavy and must be staked for support.

The finished plants display extraordinary densities of trichomes. A musty smell & taste. The effect is couch hugging comfort. Grows short with well developed side branches.

Malana X Hindu Kush
80% Indica / 20% Sativa
Flowering Time: 7 - 8.5 weeks
Yield: 600+ g/m2​

Origin: Seed, planted 8/26/2017

I'm familiar with Violator Kush from its availability in dispensaries over the winter. My dispensary VK was fantastic - it had the heavy Hindu Kush stone, and taste, but after curing it in glass for a couple of months it tasted of cherries.

Violator Kush is intended to be a nighttime med, a knockout for my IBS, and a strain to use to make oil.

Royal Gorilla

Breeder: Royal Queen Seeds

Royal Gorilla is an insanely powerful hybrid that, until recently, was only available in the US. With THC levels that at times well exceed 25%, she gives a spectacular high of incredible relaxation together with a balancing uplifting euphoria. Because of her potency, Royal Gorilla also has good medicinal potential, which makes her a good choice to help with chronic pains and other ailments.

Sour Dubb x Chem Sis x Chocolate Diesel
50% Indica / 50% Sativa
Flowering Time: 8 - 9 weeks
Yield: 500-550 g/m2​

I've never tried Gorilla Glue, and wanted to see what all the hype was. Royal Queen's offering was the most accessible to me.

This is intended to be a daytime / evening strain for me. I'm hoping I can get stomach relief from it but not get too couchlocked.

This seed busted out of its shell before it was even planted - I'm hoping that's a good sign of things to come.

Critical

Breeder: Royal Queen Seeds

There are always lots of requirements to fill when deciding which strain to grow: strength, yield, flavour, ease of growth, suitability to climate etc. There is one marijuana plant that tries to bring together all these features in a perfect balance in order to produce the ultimate cash crop: large yield, short flowering period, good smoke. Critical is a plant designed for the 'cash-crop' grower who wants the best of both worlds and is guaranteed to fulfil expectations.

Afghani x Skunk
60% Indica / 40% Sativa
Flowering Time: 7 - 8 weeks
Yield: 550-600 g/m2​

Critical was a freebie from my most recent order. I was looking for something to fill the 4th spot in this grow, and chose Critical given my need to have more hybrids that can reliably help my stomach without necessarily couch locking me. I've had Critical Kush before and liked it. It certainly doesn't hurt that she's considered a high yielding strain.

She was the least out of her shell when I planted - her taproot was just peeking out, but I didn't want to wait any longer. It'll be interesting to see if she's the slowest starter, but the biggest finisher.

Candida

Breeder: Medical Marijuana Genetics

This vigorous high CBD strain has impressed with its growth and stability in production. In testing THC levels have never yet exceeded 1% and CBD levels have tested between 11% and 20% making it one of the first CBD dominant cannabis strains in history.

With a ratio of 20:1, the high CBD levels and their associated anti-psychotic capabilities outweigh the relatively small amounts of THC removing the "high" and providing the patient with a non-psychoactive cannabis Sativa L plant.

Mostly Sativa
Flowering Time: 9 weeks
Yield: high​

My wife has Rheumatoid Arthritis that is not yet controlled by her medication. She started experimenting with cannabis as a treatment for flares and had promising initial results. We need a strain we can blend with my THC strains in the form of flower, oil, and topical lotion. Candida looks like a perfect fit.

And that's it for the veg tent as we get started on the perpetual adventure.

Awesome!! So exciting!! Everyone has new things popping up. Lol. I haven't flipped the switch yet and I'm totally excited to start the next run!! Gotta wait a couple of weeks though.
Again!! Great choices!!.

Thanks! I'm super excited to get these planted. It feels like it has been so long since I started seeds... because it has!

I tried to give a little rationale on each of my choices in the update. Violator Kush and Royal Gorilla were picks for quite some time. Candida was more recent. Critical a last minute addition that fit with my needs.

I wish I could grow even more... can't wait to try some others.

Violator Kush sounds like a strain for Pat. ;) butt seriously, this is the strain I am putting my bet on. .

I'm pretty excited for it myself! I think Royal Gorilla is going to be something new and exciting but I think Violator Kush is going to be exactly what I'm looking for. I love the mellow deep indica high of Hindu Kush.

I had a buddy i gamed with several years ago who lived in Liverpool about 4 blocks from the stadium. He used to go to matches with his dad and would send pics. Ive had a soft spot for Liverpool since then. But my pro team here in the states are the The Crew!

I have a bunch of buddies who are Liverpool fans. Liverpool and Arsenal fans don't really get a hate on for one another - we tend to be more together in our mutual hate of the Manchester teams!

I've never been to an EPL match - I did see a Barcelona FC home game years though.

:rofl::rofl:Rofl!! Yeah this season we've been sucking more cock than a wh@re house full of ladies. Doesn't change my support though :party:

:laugh:

I watched a bunch of that match... Palace just couldn't get the ball forward to give Benteke a chance.

Arsenal disappoints every year, I ask myself why I stick by them but for whatever reason I do.

What up my man dobewan, found your journal so I'm just catching up on current events. Things are looking good bud, I'll just be chillin back with the never ending joint lol

Welcome JohnnyC! This looks like the biggest one I could find - it's all yours... :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom