DobeWan's Perpetual Adventure

Hey Dobe, I thought I was all caught up on your last grow results and now I need to get caught up on your new journal!:laughtwo:

Congrat's, You know I will be along for the ride!:goodjob:
I wouldn't have it any other way OTM! It's not a DobeWan journal without you here! :thumb:

I want some of the Candida, wife wants to add it to her arsenals of essential oils. She does rain drop therapy on me and I swear by it.

Interesting, I was unfamiliar with raindrop therapy but will have to do some reading. My wife has started to explore essential oils for helping her RA and has had some success with aromatherapy.

Despite our passion for hockey, and the crazy amount of kids playing it, Soccer (Football) is the fastest growing sport in Canada.

I think the same thing could happen in the US as parents become less likely to put their kids in American football. I've stopped watching the NFL - I used to be a big fan - because I don't want my kids interested in it. I know some of my friends, especially those who had concussions in their playing days, who are worried about their kids playing hockey too. Not that soccer doesn't have concussion risks too of course, they're just not as pronounced as in football and hockey.

It been busy around here, for some reason. Only when I have plans though. Any other time and it's rare to see people out here lol. WTF
Told the wife I'm going to put a lock on the gate and a banner on it with just the middle finger.

We have a cast iron one that spins. "Welcome" on one side, "Go away" on the other.

You know I would be here Dobe! Looks like a great start.

Might I suggest looking at something a little more advanced then the Lucas Formula for your feed schedule? I am a pretty firm believer that you aren't maxing out your yields and potential if you are using it. I used it for one grow and it was a good way to learn but the schedule I use now is a little more detailed and the plants respond way better. Because you use the micro/bloom and booster it wouldn't be hard for you to hit the NPK ratios in a more detailed feed schedule.

I just want to see you blow this one out of the water. I think Lucas Formula will make that tougher.

You know I would be here Dobe! Looks like a great start.

Might I suggest looking at something a little more advanced then the Lucas Formula for your feed schedule? I am a pretty firm believer that you aren't maxing out your yields and potential if you are using it. I used it for one grow and it was a good way to learn but the schedule I use now is a little more detailed and the plants respond way better. Because you use the micro/bloom and booster it wouldn't be hard for you to hit the NPK ratios in a more detailed feed schedule.

I just want to see you blow this one out of the water. I think Lucas Formula will make that tougher.

Thanks Ase! Glad to have you on board for another kick at it!

My rationale for continuing to feed the modified Lucas formula is this. In my first grow, I kept changing up what I fed as I went, rather than keeping things simple. Problems resulted, and it was hard to identify root cause. I wanted to get a grow done start to finish with a stable regimen, without having those problems before switching up what I feed. So I've kept things simple with the plants currently flowering.

CalMag was added mid veg, but otherwise everything has remained the same. Here's the feeding schedule I've used for round 2.

0.5 ml/l Potassium Silicate (1.9 ml/gal)
1.3 ml/l CalMag (5 ml/gal)
1.6 ml/l Micro (6 ml/gal)
2.4 ml/l Bloom (9 ml/gal)

At week 3 flower (last night for LA2/KK), I've now added:

1.8 ml/l KoolBloom (7 ml/gal)

I have fed on a 3 days on, 1 day off (plain water) schedule. pHed to 5.8 every time. My experience has been vastly different from round 1. I've actually been able to feed the nutes as intended, instead of having to dial them down to a fraction of the intended amount of nutes.

From what I've watched of Neil / LEDRF he pretty strongly advocates feeding only CalMag, a standard A+B like Micro/Bloom, and a PK booster like KoolBloom - he uses other brands but the concept is the same. I saw his approach as a good justification to my line of thinking.

I'm open to switching up my feeding for round 3 given that round 2 has been going well so far, and with the new seedlings I have fresh canvases. But I'm in no rush, and would otherwise not switch until round 4 when I know for sure where things stand with round 2 and my stable schedule. Because of this I haven't done much research.
Is there something specific you'd suggest?

Back
Top Bottom