DobeWan's Spring Flowers

A few shots of the plants tonight before the lights came on, taken with the flash on. Keep in mind these are 3 days after the ones I posted yesterday. Lights just came on for day 34.

Chocolope

Kosher Kush

Kushy Kush

Pink Kush

And proof of life for the veg plants. It's hard to make out the damage in the photos, and the new growth looks great, so they seem to be happy again.

Hey Dobe!

Those ladies are looking frosty and gorgeous! I love the Pink and seeing yours I can’t wait to drop mine! The frost levels across your tent is amazing well done and keep it up! Good to see the veg ladies turning around for the better
Hey...what I can't see can't be too bad. That's my motto! Though when I take personality tests it comes back as "ostrich" so there's that.

Also, what Dutch said :).
Looking good Dobe. Sure wish mine looked that good.
Dobe you are nailing it. Look at them lady's, Dam!!!!
Good stuff Dobe! Tents are looking amazing and your multistrain grows look very familiar to me ;). Crazy good work man!
Thanks guys!

Dutch, the Pink is a great strain for me medically so I'm super excited for it.

Another big photo update.

The veg tent is just finishing week 5. Just started 33V. They've all recovered from my hiccup last Sunday night. They've all taken their Initial quadline shape nicely. They're drinking the water in the pots very quickly, so I'll be looking to pot up soon. Clockwise from back left, it's Coco Bruce, Gelato, Dosidos and Blue Dream.

Flower tent just turned the lights on for 37F, so we're getting there. Everything is humming along nicely. I've switched over to KoolBloom powder, and the plants are really getting a strong PK boost at this point. Everything is fattening and frosting up and the tent is full of interesting smells. The Kosher Kush has a musty smell like cologne. Kushy Kush smells like fuel and grape.

Clockwise from back left, these are Kosher Kush, Kushy Kush, Chocolope and Pink Kush.

Chocolope

Kosher Kush

Kushy Kush

Pink Kush

Thanks for following along everyone!

Hey folks!

Sorry about the lack of frequency on the updates. I've been busy. I'm going to be away for a bit in the near future, so I'll see if I can get another update done before next weekend is out, then there might not be another until harvest.

Things are going well all around. Since the last update, the flowering plants have continued to pack on size while the veg plants have been potted up to their final 3 gallon Smart Pots. Let's start with a quick look at the veg tent.

These plants are at 46V.

When I last updated the veg tent a couple of weeks ago, I had undergone what I diagnosed as a reaction to a pH swing and overwatering. The plants recovered from it nicely, but I had a pretty noticeable case of springtails in the pots. I let them get pretty dry, transplanted, and have been careful with water since doing so, and they've responded. They're actually showing a little bit of deficiency here and there due to my scant watering but are overall pretty happy. They can take almost 2L of water in a feeding, so the roots have really come along. Now that I'm through the overwatering and have seen the springtails all but disappear, I expect I'll get some really strong growth in these last couple of weeks before flip.

Starting back left, going clockwise, that's Coco Bruce, Dosidos, Gelato and Blue Dream.

Coco Bruce and Dosidos have been fast growers. Dosidos is really leggy - I worry about height after stretch. Gelato had the worst of the springtails but looks happy and healthy. Blue Dream has been finicky the whole way. Super slim leaves - I wonder if it'll be really sativa-leaning?

I took a shot of them side on so you can see the height. They're low and mostly sideways at this point. I'll spend the next couple of weeks taking them a little wider and start them off vertically before flipping them when the flower tent clears.

As for the flower tent, lights just came on for 50F. 7 weeks down, we're starting to get towards the finish and the plants are getting heavy. They've been healthy most of the way through, but have had some increased heat sensitivity in the last couple of weeks. I've seen some edges coming up on the leaves, some tacoing, and some foxtailing. I could stand to improve air circulation in the tent, but I don't think it's going to impact the finish too greatly - they've otherwise been very healthy.

Starting in the back left and going clockwise, that's Kushy Kush with its big top colas, Kosher Kush in the back right, Pink Kush in the front right and Chocolope in the front left.

Chocolope

This once stretchy plant has certainly added some weight. The buds are starting to swell, and while the texture looks like when I grew it previously, these buds look much thicker.

Remember in veg I broke one of the 4 main stems? It turned into that short, fat cola center left in this shot. Because it grew shorter and denser, it stacked up pretty nicely.

Here's a zoomed shot of the top of the cola. Should make for a nice bud for show when I chop.

Chocolope and Pink Kush have been the plants that foxtailed - Kushy has had very little sign of it, and Kosher has had none. You can see some of the foxtailing in the cola close ups.

Overall it has had no other issues in flower. It has frosted up nicely, put on a lot of bud, and I'm pretty excited for it.

Kosher Kush

Kosher has just been a dream since stretch ended. Although it got pretty stretchy, it has done nothing but pack on fat,
frosty buds since.

It has a fantastic peppery, musky smell. The buds feel really dense and have a classic look. They're covered in frost. The bag appeal should be fantasitc.

I'm really excited for these top buds. They're going to be monsters.

This strain is one I've never tried and that I'm very excited for. Can't wait to harvest, but I'll be letting these go a little on the long side for max effect.

Kushy Kush

Kushy is getting too heavy for its own good at this point - the long slender stems are starting to strain with the weight of the large top colas.

The plant has this great smell of fuel and berries / grapes.

The colas aren't the fattest, but they're long and dense.

I'll maybe throw up a Sharpie for reference next time. These are pretty long colas.

Kushy has been really easy the whole way. A little sensitive to the heavy nutes I'm pushing onto the plants right now, but nothing worrisome. I think its got a couple of weeks left at this point.

Pink Kush

Finally Pink Kush. Pink has been a little susceptible to the heat in the last week or two, doing some foxtailing. But overall it has been pretty healthy and happy from start to finish.

It has the stouter profile I expected of these Kushes, and the buds look like they'll be medium sized and very dense.

I've managed to get light to a lot of the lower bud sites, so I'm hoping I pull a solid yield off of this. I have been expecting this to yield a little less than the others based on the strain, but I expect the quality to be high!

Although the heat has impacted it lately, it has been a big eater, never showing any real nute burn aside from very light colouring in the tips now as I blast the plants with KoolBloom powder.

A little foxtailing on the colas, but nothing too crazy.

I'm really excited for this plant - this is the primo strain for my illnesses that I've been waiting for.

Thanks for following everyone!

Glad to see you with a journal up DW. Sounds like a rough year and I hope things continue to improve.

Some gorgeous Kush plants you got going on. Should be a solid amount of meds. I got 6 Kush seedlings on the go for my next round. I will follow along for the rest of this.

Beautiful garden and a fantastic collection of top notch kush strains. Looks ace Dobe you’re smashing it mate. Bet it smells insane in that tent.

Back
Top Bottom