Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Good advice, scrubby....my first go I worried about everything....when there was absolutely no need...I'm only on my second grow, but the stress is completely gone and replaced with trust and respect....that's a good place to be....I see folks all over this site scrambling about diagnosing nutrient burns or deficiencies while the brix folks nit pick about how much of this and how much of that while our plants thrive in spite of us...it's comical actually, but my sense of humor is left of center...ahaha....good day to all

Thanks! I was afraid to say anything because it has been brought up so much before. Those are the answers i needed to ease my mind. lol

tlx9, you are doing yourself a favor growing with Doc's kit...it's like watching paint dry....I lay out what I drench I do each week on my calender so it's a no brainer...and then I spray Brix once a week....how hard is that....I don't keep a journal but my plants look like Doc's so I have a visual of what the goal/baseline should be.....I am gaining more patients and expanding my grow, but am worry free as I increase my plant count because the overall grow method is sound....

I am in Michigan as well....we should meet up at our Cannabis Cup in August....cheers...

Good advice, scrubby....my first go I worried about everything....when there was absolutely no need...I'm only on my second grow, but the stress is completely gone and replaced with trust and respect....that's a good place to be....I see folks all over this site scrambling about diagnosing nutrient burns or deficiencies while the brix folks nit pick about how much of this and how much of that while our plants thrive in spite of us...it's comical actually, but my sense of humor is left of center...ahaha....good day to all

Seriously! I see so many issues in other threads...I laugh! Ive bought 2 kits so far and ts been about a year and a half and im still laughing lol. Theres not much to worry about at all although I do kinda kick a rock or two if a leaf sags or looks at me wrong lmao!!!

I'm the one with "issues" and worry (first grow).
I'm dreading my next journal update. Leave it to me to have the worst looking HB plants on the forum. All was great until a few days ago, and then :oops:
I still have faith in being able to turn things around.

-edit-

Actually "worry" isn't the right word. I do this for fun and to learn. Maybe "concern" is a better choice. I'd like to do justice to the plants and the kit's potential. But if I don't, try try again. It's not the end of the world.

I've bought 2 kits and this week just ordered everything by the quart....moving up in the world....Doc asked how many plants I'm growing and he delivered his recommendation within hours....I told him my plants tell me to leave them alone and they'll call me if they need me...and the budwashing....just had a new patient call me up and tell me best smoke he ever tasted...so now I'm getting comments that Doc Bud gets...It makes me feel such satisfaction, I'm walking on the clouds....

PITA, what has happened....I'll look at your journal....

PITA, what has happened....I'll look at your journal....

No update yet. I'll try to get to it tonight but more likely it will be tomorrow. I'm having problems with my camera.

okay, Pita, you know all kinds of help will jump in for you....don't hesitate, bro

tlx9, you are doing yourself a favor growing with Doc's kit...it's like watching paint dry....I lay out what I drench I do each week on my calender so it's a no brainer...and then I spray Brix once a week....how hard is that....I don't keep a journal but my plants look like Doc's so I have a visual of what the goal/baseline should be.....I am gaining more patients and expanding my grow, but am worry free as I increase my plant count because the overall grow method is sound....

I am in Michigan as well....we should meet up at our Cannabis Cup in August....cheers...

After reading through Doc's thread, seeing all the pictures to back up what he is preaching and doing some research I can tell this is the way to go. Everything makes a lot more sense now. Too many people online try to do tutorials or diagnose other peoples problems and can't even keep there own plants green. I might end up doing a journal. I have a very good camera that I never use so I might as well learn to use it while the paint dries.

you go, tlx9...taking pics for a journal is a whole other deal...it's not easy....I was on trich watch, so would take pics but they came out quite blurry....I bought a microscope attached to my computer to examine buds, but it was hand held and still blurry......I took 20 shots to get a decent pic, one to send to a 420 member who was trying to help me....so I had to improve those skills thru practice...unfortunately they don't make a light meter for my camera, which would have helped...it's all a process, but learning is good...all those who post journals are really doing a community service IMO...

After reading through Doc's thread, seeing all the pictures to back up what he is preaching and doing some research I can tell this is the way to go. Everything makes a lot more sense now. Too many people online try to do tutorials or diagnose other peoples problems and can't even keep there own plants green. I might end up doing a journal. I have a very good camera that I never use so I might as well learn to use it while the paint dries.
I try not to give advice I might voice an opinion but that's it. A picture is worth a thousand words but there are so many other factors that could play into what wrong with someone's plant that you don't get from a picture

Hello Jgutta22g,

This is all we have...pictures and the written word...and we are so lucky to have that....I feel blessed....

you go, tlx9...taking pics for a journal is a whole other deal...it's not easy....I was on trich watch, so would take pics but they came out quite blurry....I bought a microscope attached to my computer to examine buds, but it was hand held and still blurry......I took 20 shots to get a decent pic, one to send to a 420 member who was trying to help me....so I had to improve those skills thru practice...unfortunately they don't make a light meter for my camera, which would have helped...it's all a process, but learning is good...all those who post journals are really doing a community service IMO...
It is hard to get a good photo that you like sometimes I just took 30 for the 2 I just put up in my thread and still not happy with one of them. I started a thread to help me become a better grower and to get advice if need be. I am all ears when it come to somebody helping me be better at something you can beat experience

Hello Jgutta22g,

This is all we have...pictures and the written word...and we are so lucky to have that....I feel blessed....
that is so true people don't realize how good the world has been to them and take life for granted. 420 magazine is a great place to come and learn and share with the rest of the cannabis community I look forward to learning more from everyone most of all the hi brix crew

you are on the right track, brother, practice makes perfect...I sucked really epically but I kept taking 20, 30 pics a day and evaluated them in order to catch 2 to send to the generous 420 member every week...and I did improve...trich pics fascinate me now, it's like being in a jewelry box or a really cool cabinet filled with chrystal that bounces light all around....works of art, these pics can be....or that's how I view it now...

^ Amen to all the above. ^

Trich pics are awesome I need to get a camera that does macro shots and get something for the trichs also so I can share and be amazed my self. I have an old 420 scope that I use to check and see she I need to harvest but I would like to take pics also ok I will stop don't wanna mess docs thread up

here is the other thing, Jgutta and then I will stop as well....I live in a legal state for medicine and I am building my medical business...my state will also attempt to legalize recreational cannabis in 2016.....so I am an activist that needs to face the public to advocate my views and do everything in my power to make it all happen while the iron is hot....so.....

as I grow for my new patients and build upon that, Doc's products make it possible to follow my calendar to maintain the health of my plants, but to also have a life, where I can also be an advocate for what I believe in and have the time to do that without compromising my grow...

Re: Alternative soil mix and amount...

Sunshine is second best.....but it will work.
No problem cooking a half batch, just make sure the amendment is carefully mixed and you take half of it by weight.
SWICK is good for bloom....not for veg. Will it work in veg? Yes.....but if you follow my advice on watering in veg you'll have better structure.

as some know, i have 12 SWICK plants in HB soil...under 11/13 from seed too.

Back
Top Bottom