Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I am doing 18/6 with much success....

So with t5 you still prefer 16/8?
I've tried 17/7 and 18/6 and 20/4 I've seem to of gotten best results at 24. You've seen better at 16/8? Is it genetic leaning or light saving or did you feel the additional 8 was a waste. Thanks doc

So with t5 you still prefer 16/8?
I've tried 17/7 and 18/6 and 20/4 I've seem to of gotten best results at 24. You've seen better at 16/8? Is it genetic leaning or light saving or did you feel the additional 8 was a waste. Thanks doc

It seems to me that the plants have less stress when I toss them into bloom when they come from 16/8 than from 18/6. I've often thought I should do clones on 24....so they can go anywhere an not have photoperiod stress, but I'm not doing that for some reason. Perhaps because I don't sell many clones at all?

I suppose the extra savings on electricity is good too, but that's not the main reason behind 16/8. I've had pretty seemless transitions for a while now, and I think it's due to 16/8 to 11/13....adding 5 hours of darkness instead of 6.

Hmm never really looked into the less stress. Yeah my clone box being on 24/7 365 days a year a few years back prompted me to just run all veg at 24. It was 18/6 for years. I'll try it on my next cycle. I need all your high brix plants out of the way first

Hmm never really looked into the less stress. Yeah my clone box being on 24/7 365 days a year a few years back prompted me to just run all veg at 24. It was 18/6 for years. I'll try it on my next cycle. I need all your high brix plants out of the way first

I think as you go bigger, the hour or two of lights off becomes your weekend beer money....every day. For example, going from 12/12 under HPS to 11/13 under LED in half the room and HPS in the other half has saved me about 200 per month. If/when I convert the remaining HPS to LED I'll save even more.

However, if I was in your shoes, I'd look at Gavita double enders and high end LED.

Have you seen nanolux there De. It's pretty solid unit. Gravitas are fucking amazing as well. Yeah our rec grow will be planning an led conversion in 2016 need to get some capital rolling in first.

Doc the soil is cooked and I got a clone of blue dream in non-hb soil, is there anything I should do special when transplanting? Do I leave all the soil intact with the roots?

Doc the soil is cooked and I got a clone of blue dream in non-hb soil, is there anything I should do special when transplanting? Do I leave all the soil intact with the roots?

Yep, don't disturb those roots. Pretend it's in HB soil and tranplant per normal.

There might be some trouble during the transition, especially if the roots are used to salts. Use a LIBERAL amount of Roots! when you transplant and be patient.

Have you seen nanolux there De. It's pretty solid unit. Gravitas are fucking amazing as well. Yeah our rec grow will be planning an led conversion in 2016 need to get some capital rolling in first.

Are you familiar with the Pyramid or Iunu Lights? New tech. Pretty incredible hardware. If I had the money I'd probably fit out my entire room on Iunu's dual plasma lights.

Thanks for the reassurance on SweetSue's thread the other day. Got some life coming up to say hello in all three of my soil bins this week. You are so right, this is pretty hard to mess up :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks a lot Doc! Have a wonderful day.

IMG_41283.jpg
IMG_41276.jpg
IMG_41267.jpg

Back
Top Bottom