Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I have not used Mono Potassium Phosphate 0-52-34 in my grows but have noticed it is a very common ingredient in bloom enhancers. There is also crop data on its use as a bloom enhancer and as a treatment against mildew in fruit crops.

I have not used Mono Potassium Phosphate 0-52-34 in my grows but have noticed it is a very common ingredient in bloom enhancers. There is also crop data on its use as a bloom enhancer and as a treatment against mildew in fruit crops.

It's not something used in my products, neither are the hormones used in some of the other hydro-shop products.

Should i do the feed of energy for the third watering on my seedling doc? Thanks

Sure! No problem. They're ready for a dose. Energy is mostly for Calcium, which is the most important nutrient for High Brix. This is what makes the stems strong and the flowers large!

Alternate between Energy and Transplant for feedings......or you can include a small amount of Transplant with each feeding, which is what I've been doing lately.

However, for your first kit grow it's probably best just to stick with the directions until you get familiar with how the products work.

Hey Doc,

Scientific principle are not my forte. Was wondering about the distinctions between DE and Azomite regarding K content. Do i understand correctly that DE is a high brix no-no but Azomite is a recommended amendment?

Thanks again for your dedication to learning experimenting sharing. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hey Doc. Not sure if I read this anywhere on your threads or not. Is it alright to use tap water to water the soil and plants? I finally got my soil mixed up and used tap water with the conditioner on my soil. I remember you said PH wasn't going to be an issue with your kit but wanted to make sure the tap water was safe for the whole process.

Sure! No problem. They're ready for a dose. Energy is mostly for Calcium, which is the most important nutrient for High Brix. This is what makes the stems strong and the flowers large!

Alternate between Energy and Transplant for feedings......or you can include a small amount of Transplant with each feeding, which is what I've been doing lately.

However, for your first kit grow it's probably best just to stick with the directions until you get familiar with how the products work.

Awesome! Im excited to use the energy cuz itll mean im finally on my way with high brix :)
I plan on following your directions to a "t" sir and if theres ever any question ill make sure to ask you and/or curso. Thanks again bro, youre a great man!

Hey Doc,

Scientific principle are not my forte. Was wondering about the distinctions between DE and Azomite regarding K content. Do i understand correctly that DE is a high brix no-no but Azomite is a recommended amendment?

Thanks again for your dedication to learning experimenting sharing. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hey brutha!

Definitely right on about the DE. But I wouldn't say Azomite is a recommended High Brix amendment. It's one of the things I used along the way till I learned how to get it for real, but it's not recommended by the lab and it isn't included in the kit, neither do I recommend using it in the kit.

It's very high in Silica, moderately high in potassium and sodium. Not horribly high, mind you, but high enough to where you want to apply it very sparingly, otherwise it will mess up the soil.

As a source of micros and trace elements, Azomite is better than DE. However, the sodium and potassium make it a deal breaker for High Brix, but at the same time it's a great addition to standard organic grows and super soil grows.

Hey Doc. Not sure if I read this anywhere on your threads or not. Is it alright to use tap water to water the soil and plants? I finally got my soil mixed up and used tap water with the conditioner on my soil. I remember you said PH wasn't going to be an issue with your kit but wanted to make sure the tap water was safe for the whole process.

You'll be fine with the tap water, but try to use RO for the foliars.

I bubble my tap water for at least 2 hours, 24 hours is much better idea though. Our water smells like a public swimming pool sometimes. I try my best to keep 10gl bubbling all the time just so its available.

Ok thanks for the information.
So do you guys have a recommendation for the cheapest way for me to prepare the water? I do not know much about this.
How different is bubbling water vs. An RO system?
By bubbling is that simply running air thru the water?
Thanks

Ok thanks for the information.
So do you guys have a recommendation for the cheapest way for me to prepare the water? I do not know much about this.
How different is bubbling water vs. An RO system?
By bubbling is that simply running air thru the water?
Thanks

Yep a 10gl tote with a couple air stones in it works well for me :) RO actually filters the water, bubbling will just add O2 and help dissipate the chlorine that's fairly common is tap water. If you're not going to use your water right away, I start with hot water. Water over 125 degrees deactivates the sanitizing properties of chlorine too.

Im sticking with distilled the whole way unless these two gentlemen (doc and curso) say otherwise :)

Im sticking with distilled the whole way unless these two gentlemen (doc and curso) say otherwise :)

You'll be fine either way. Letting the tap water sit for a day is great as long as your water is reasonable. RO is great too.

If the PPM of your tap water is less than 300, you're probably OK. Many times it even helps.

The main issue is with foliars. Try to use RO or distilled for the foliar sprays.

Q for ya DOC!?

If I were to do the full saturation watering by dunking the bottom of the plant into a 5 gal bucket with lets just say energy in the mix, do i need to have a different bucket made up for each plant? or just keep dunking and draining into the same bucket...or do i need to drain the "waste" water into a different bucket?? Im just concerned with "contaminating" the feed water after the first plant is soaked.

Thanks DOC you DA man!!:cheer:

First off I would like to thank DocBud for all his hard work. Second off I would like to thank Curso and Wolf and anyone else reporting back thier findings to the Doc. I say more data the better.

I would like to get a kit from you doc.

I found out about high brix when I started to research about growing the best tasting veggies I could. I plan on selling my produce at a local farmers market this year. My state is known for great heirlooms from the ducth and amish. and these are what I plan to grow.

Never thought about using high brix for one of my favorite crops to enjoy, way to think outside the box on using high brix and thanks for bringing a new way of growing meds.

I would like to know your take on world of seeds seeds? they all seem like a landrace?

Also I would like to know more about growing heirloom tomatoes and peppers, and if I could plant back to back in the same soil the same crop, or should I plant squash/melons for the 2nd go, then back to tomatoes/peppers in hopes to go past a 4th run?

I know this is a bit off topic of these forums, but the truth of the matter is, this is the best infomation I have found for growing high brix. I also assume the kit and feeds would work the same.

Could you PM Doc? I would like to talk to you a bit more about using your kit to grow my produce. Thanks in advance

Corvox.

P.S. Took me two days to read this thread lmao

P.S.S My thinking on growing tomatoes high in brix.

Tomato requires at least twelve nutrients, also called “essential
elements”, for normal growth and reproduction. These are nitro-
gen (N), phosphorus (P), potassium (K), calcium (Ca), magne-
sium (Mg), sulfur (S), boron (B), iron (Fe), manganese (Mn), cop-
per (Cu), zinc (Zn), and molybdenum (Mo). The function of these
nutrients and their concentrations in different parts of tomato are
shown in Tables 2 and 3. Without these nutrients, tomato can not
grow properly or bear fruits. For example, N is an essential com-
ponent of many compounds, including proteins, amino acids, and
enzymes responsible for biochemical changes in tomato growth.

IF I knew when and what time the tomatoes need these essential I could use your drenches/sprays/tea's to activate the call to take up more essentials? Am I understand what your kit does? Basically telling when the plant enters a phase, then use part of your kit to encourage it to go threw the stage?

Q for ya DOC!?

If I were to do the full saturation watering by dunking the bottom of the plant into a 5 gal bucket with lets just say energy in the mix, do i need to have a different bucket made up for each plant? or just keep dunking and draining into the same bucket...or do i need to drain the "waste" water into a different bucket?? Im just concerned with "contaminating" the feed water after the first plant is soaked.

Thanks DOC you DA man!!:cheer:

It's a good question bro. I don't let them drain too much back into the bucket sometimes, just schlep 'em back in to the trays and let them drain. I wouldn't make a new bucket, just don't let too much drain back and reverse the order of the plants next time you do the drench.

I watered with energy and literally the plants got bigger within hours...its amazing! I wouldnt believe it if i hadnt have seen it but i did lol :)
Its gonna be a long 3 months lol

Back
Top Bottom