Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Love the pics! The jarred stash on the Metro rack is beautiful :) Looks like Fort Nugs :rofl:
How old is the oldest herb you still have in jars?

Looking really Fine, they must be some tasty, is there a earthy taste to the fruit ?
Have you ever heard of farmers actually putting the buds under running cold water and then hang to dry ?

Have a good 1, Bulldog

Looking really Fine, they must be some tasty, is there a earthy taste to the fruit ?
Have you ever heard of farmers actually putting the buds under running cold water and then hang to dry ?

Have a good 1, Bulldog

Doc and many have been washing their produce for awhile.. Results are stellar! :)
Bud Washing

So has anyone ever pondered using coconut water mixed 50% with distilled water, as the end product is high in indole acetic acid (IAA)
Coconut nut water Not Milk !
What ya thinks Doc ?

So has anyone ever pondered using coconut water mixed 50% with distilled water, as the end product is high in indole acetic acid (IAA)
Coconut nut water Not Milk !
What ya thinks Doc ?

OR ...........

Aloe Vera Plant-

If you don't have one, get one. Don't kill it. Keep it alike as a continual source of free super juice.

Scrape off 2 Tablespoons of the gel and add to 1 gallon of water. Mix and apply to soil or as a foliar - IMMEDIATELY

Aloe vera contains high levels of Benzoic acid which begins to ferment in less than 20 minutes once it's exposed to air. Commercial Aloe vera juice is treated with salt which converts this acid to Sodium Benzoate which most of consume at each and every meal - unfortunately.

You'll see the plant leaves react and growth. Same way it promotes cell growth on your burn.

OR ...........

Barley Sprout Tea-

2 tablespoons of seeds (1 oz.) Soak for 12 hours. Drain that water and throw away. It’s full of growth inhibitors. Add 1/2 gallon of water to the sprouts for the 48 hour soak. Strain and use 1 cup of this to 1 gallon of water.

Huge source of growth hormones and plant enzymes.

What ya think Doc, Actually What's everyone in the Lounge Think ?

OR ...........

Aloe Vera Plant-

If you don't have one, get one. Don't kill it. Keep it alike as a continual source of free super juice.

Scrape off 2 Tablespoons of the gel and add to 1 gallon of water. Mix and apply to soil or as a foliar - IMMEDIATELY

Aloe vera contains high levels of Benzoic acid which begins to ferment in less than 20 minutes once it's exposed to air. Commercial Aloe vera juice is treated with salt which converts this acid to Sodium Benzoate which most of consume at each and every meal - unfortunately.

You'll see the plant leaves react and growth. Same way it promotes cell growth on your burn.

OR ...........

Barley Sprout Tea-

2 tablespoons of seeds (1 oz.) Soak for 12 hours. Drain that water and throw away. It’s full of growth inhibitors. Add 1/2 gallon of water to the sprouts for the 48 hour soak. Strain and use 1 cup of this to 1 gallon of water.

Huge source of growth hormones and plant enzymes.

What ya think Doc, Actually What's everyone in the Lounge Think ?

Coconut water....back when my boys were wrestling I introduced it to the team as a superior way of hydrating after weigh-ins, because of the potassium. It's got too much potassium for our purposes.

Your other ideas sound really interesting!

Purple Cadillac, Tahoe OG in "dumbed down soil" some pics of premium, 2-3 months cured meds.

IMG_5688.jpg
IMG_56871.JPG
IMG_56861.JPG
IMG_56851.JPG
IMG_5684.jpg
IMG_56831.JPG
IMG_56821.jpg
IMG_56811.jpg
IMG_56801.JPG
IMG_5678.jpg
IMG_56772.jpg
IMG_56762.jpg
IMG_56753.jpg
IMG_56741.jpg
IMG_56731.jpg
IMG_56721.JPG

This is an amazing update. There are some nice nugs in those jars. Beautiful bro just beautiful.

Those jars contain premium buds from my last 3 harvests. I held some back to "age" for a few months. Everything disappears the moment it is dry enough to trim, so I wanted to see how things would go with a cure.

This is what I use for tasting and smelling. The jugs in the back are newer than the jars in front. I'm offering this as my "reserve" product and folks pay a premium for it.

I would hope so! Premium sounds like an understatement.

Doc, would you mind if I posted some pics for a diagnosis? I'm finishing a 20 week sativa in kit soil and need an opinion; I've mostly white-knuckled this grow, but wanted to get your buyin as we finish the home stretch, specifically thinking about Nitrogen. Plant is also under an LED, which I think has added a dimension to some issues I'm handling.

I would hope so! Premium sounds like an understatement.

Doc, would you mind if I posted some pics for a diagnosis? I'm finishing a 20 week sativa in kit soil and need an opinion; I've mostly white-knuckled this grow, but wanted to get your buyin as we finish the home stretch, specifically thinking about Nitrogen. Plant is also under an LED, which I think has added a dimension to some issues I'm handling.

20 weeks! Oh man....that's nearly impossible in small containers. I'll do what I can!

Those jars contai premium buds from my last 3 harvests. I held some back to "age" for a few months. Everything disappears the moment it is dry enough to trim, so I wanted to see how things would go with a cure.

This is what I use for tasting and smelling. The jugs in the back are newer than the jars in front. I'm offering this as my "reserve" product and folks pay a premium for it.

I'll take an oz from the front jar of Lemon Paki ;) :)

Hey Doc, your plants are beautiful as usual.

Quick question about the bud washing tech you use. Are washed buds lighter green than unwashed.

Thanks

20 weeks! Oh man....that's nearly impossible in small containers. I'll do what I can!

Here are some pics...my question isn't necessarily "what's going wrong?" because the answer is a combination of light bleaching from being too close to the LED and too low humidity. My question is more along the lines of, "what would you do if this plant were in your grow room?"

Average Humidity is about 30, drops to 10% and spikes to about 50% when I water. Not horrible, but not happy. Light is about 12" away from the center of the canopy, I'm including a pic with the light on because you'll see how the bright spot correlates to some unhappy leaves.

Temps are all between the high 60's and 81* on average, with that high taking place very briefly in the afternoon when lights come on.

This picture was taken right before adding a 2ml dose of Energy diluted in 3/4 of a gallon of RO water with .1ml of Tea. Since the photo, she has gotten a bit shinier, but has not repaired any damage, per se. I gave her Stress very lightly last Monday and even less on Tuesday, and a normal dose of Brix on Wednesday.

I appreciate the look, even if you don't see anything I can do differently the last 2-3 weeks. My plan is to just ride out that time feeding energy in between light watering, weekly Brix, Stress probably once or twice more.

PHT5.jpg
PHT4.jpg
PHT3.jpg
PHT21.jpg
PHT1.jpg

Here are some pics...my question isn't necessarily "what's going wrong?" because the answer is a combination of light bleaching from being too close to the LED and too low humidity. My question is more along the lines of, "what would you do if this plant were in your grow room?"

Average Humidity is about 30, drops to 10% and spikes to about 50% when I water. Not horrible, but not happy. Light is about 12" away from the center of the canopy, I'm including a pic with the light on because you'll see how the bright spot correlates to some unhappy leaves.

Temps are all between the high 60's and 81* on average, with that high taking place very briefly in the afternoon when lights come on.

This picture was taken right before adding a 2ml dose of Energy diluted in 3/4 of a gallon of RO water with .1ml of Tea. Since the photo, she has gotten a bit shinier, but has not repaired any damage, per se. I gave her Stress very lightly last Monday and even less on Tuesday, and a normal dose of Brix on Wednesday.

I appreciate the look, even if you don't see anything I can do differently the last 2-3 weeks. My plan is to just ride out that time feeding energy in between light watering, weekly Brix, Stress probably once or twice more.

PHT5.jpg
PHT4.jpg
PHT3.jpg
PHT21.jpg
PHT1.jpg

That looks exactly like the Colombian I tried to grow awhile back. I surrendered. It won. I can't say how impressed I am that you were able to take it this far in a tent! Amazing!

At this point, I'd probably top dress with amendment and worm castings and water that in with Transplant. The soil is probably nothing but roots a this point.

Had one totally root bound last year. The whole pot was just roots all the way around, a big mother. My friend told me to cut the roots all the way around, remove the excess, and refill it in with fresh dirt. I did this and it didn't seem to help any. I'm not sure there is much you can do other than transplant into more soil.

What kind of container , just a round plastic pot ?
There is a container called Air Pruning Pot, what is ..... A container , plastic or a bag that will prevent the plants desire to make circles in the container which is counter productive to healthy growth, the air pruning actually cuts off the root tips before they start the journey of circles in the container pot !
A really great concept that rewards

I'm in a 5g fabric smart pot, so I'd attribute much of my success to the right container for my space. I have about 4" of room to top dress, so I'll probably do exactly that Doc, much appreciated!

Hello Doc,
What do you think of obtaining the spent Barley from a small brewery to supplement the water, like take the barley, add to a pail of distilled water, insert a hose that is connected to a aquarium pump and make a tea ? The small craft brewery sells the spent grain to farmers for animal feed, pigs I would think.
Have a good 1, Thebulldog

Doc,
My tomatoes, cilantro and MJ have been sprayed on alternate days, 1x so far w/Brix and 2x w/Stress according to instructions.
The leaves ( w cilantro the exception) are almost waterproof to the sprays. The very light spray adheres better to the bottom of the leaves than the tops.
I assume its not an issue and am looking for these results?

Going to get some pics taken and displayed over next 2days or 3. Visiting company, just left :)

Back
Top Bottom