Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Everything looks beautiful today!! You all are just killing it!! As for me, I'm on day 29 of cook with DBHB. I will start germination tomorrow.
As of now I will Germinate 2 Ace seeds Panama and some old school 30 year old panama red seeds I got from an old timer. I have 5 so I will do them all. I have some free standard seeds as well but I'll wait on those. I just order Peyote purple and Congo from Ace and look forward to those arriving. Once I figure out how to post pics I'll show you my set up. I've been planing those for about 2 years now and I think I have all I need and a few things in the mail as well. Not sure if I'll do a journal as my time is very limited with work and music. But who knows, maybe one day!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If you can't get a journal going, please feel free to post pictures here and ask questions, etc. Be warned, the answer I give most often is to follow directions! :high-five:

A trip to Cali will result in Lemon Paki 100% of the time for HIgh Brix guys. Every time. :thumb:

If you want something special, find a classic, a landrace, or a hybrid that totally grooves in the soil.....SLOTown just harvested some Blue Chocolope (Blue Dream x Chocolope) and it has the potential to be the next Lemon Paki. It's not Landrace, but it works.

Just play with it for a while, get temps and humidity right, figure out which run of soil works best, try spraying with wet soil vs. dry soil, etc.

Shoot, you could grow Blue Dream, discover it's got an entirely different flavor and nose.....and add brix to the name.

Winners:

Colombian Red
Choco Thai
Lemon Thai
Pakistani Kush's
Afghan Kush's
Gorilla Glue #4
Grape Ape
Skywalker OG (very, very touchy and difficult to do, but totally worth it.)

There are others as well, but these just excel in the soil and turn out product that is above top shelf.

I get "good" at growing a strain AFTER 3 runs.

1st run: natural growth, no topping, normal pruning. By the book, first run soil.
2nd run: based on 1st run, try topping, or not. adjust soil energy based on first run performance.
3rd. run: Add 1 and 2 and take notes. By the end of this run I've got a pretty good game plan for the strain.

Doc, both of these quotes (reversed order, yes I know) are just what I was looking for! I was just about to post a question, so this is a perfect segue to what I've been mulling around in my mind. With 7 grows under my belt (recent PM notwithstanding) I'm ready to up my game. I wanted to ask for advice on moving forward. Like many other newer growers, I've been growing many different strains. I feel it's time now to focus and work on creating my own "lemon paki".

Your "after three runs" made so much sense to me. And, providing a list of strains that do well in HB is a tremendous help also. I know it's "all about the environment", but if you could offer another tip or two for upping my game I would appreciate it.

Back to PM for a minute. There seems to be a lot of difference of opinion on what is/is not the best temp/RH to PREVENT PM. Not sure who to believe. Just wondered if you would address this in more detail. Thx.

Doc, both of these quotes (reversed order, yes I know) are just what I was looking for! I was just about to post a question, so this is a perfect segue to what I've been mulling around in my mind. With 7 grows under my belt (recent PM notwithstanding) I'm ready to up my game. I wanted to ask for advice on moving forward. Like many other newer growers, I've been growing many different strains. I feel it's time now to focus and work on creating my own "lemon paki".

Your "after three runs" made so much sense to me. And, providing a list of strains that do well in HB is a tremendous help also. I know it's "all about the environment", but if you could offer another tip or two for upping my game I would appreciate it.

Back to PM for a minute. There seems to be a lot of difference of opinion on what is/is not the best temp/RH to PREVENT PM. Not sure who to believe. Just wondered if you would address this in more detail. Thx.

When you find a strain that grows well and that people like.....usually one that grows well will be liked....keep working with it. Top it, prune it, don't top it.....change the timing of the drenches, add some bloodmeal and epsoms, etc. You'll find it. More like it will find you.

Without hesitation I can say that I KNOW the best temps and rH for preventing PM:

The temps that make the plant grow the best! 68-70 at night 50-60% rH. 78-80 day 50-60%rH. That's the general guideline. Healthy plants have less trouble of all kinds. Period.

Don't let fear of PM cause you to put your environment out of spec......that's crazy. Grow the plant! Don't avoid the PM....grow healthy plants.

If you can't get a journal going, please feel free to post pictures here and ask questions, etc. Be warned, the answer I give most often is to follow directions! :high-five:

This I have noticed. Do you send directions in the kit, cause I didn't get them, but I know where to find them .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

When you find a strain that grows well and that people like.....usually one that grows well will be liked....keep working with it. Top it, prune it, don't top it.....change the timing of the drenches, add some bloodmeal and epsoms, etc. You'll find it. More like it will find you.

Without hesitation I can say that I KNOW the best temps and rH for preventing PM:

The temps that make the plant grow the best! 68-70 at night 50-60% rH. 78-80 day 50-60%rH. That's the general guideline. Healthy plants have less trouble of all kinds. Period.

Don't let fear of PM cause you to put your environment out of spec......that's crazy. Grow the plant! Don't avoid the PM....grow healthy plants.

Okay, Doc....you are speaking to me.....I'm gonna dial it in for exactly what you have been telling me for years....I'm kicking it but I want to kick it more, so what is wrong with me....besides being lazy because I have your gear...alrighty then....carry on, Shawnee....but get up an hour earlier....:rofl:

Okay, Doc....you are speaking to me.....I'm gonna dial it in for exactly what you have been telling me for years....I'm kicking it but I want to kick it more, so what is wrong with me....besides being lazy because I have your gear...alrighty then....carry on, Shawnee....but get up an hour earlier....:rofl:

And get a dang sulfur vape! If you do get PM----and I swear I haven't had it in years---just run the sulfur and it's gone. No problem. NO mess, no fuss.

And get a dang sulfur vape! If you do get PM----and I swear I haven't had it in years---just run the sulfur and it's gone. No problem. NO mess, no fuss.

I did get the PM 2 years ago and got a sulfur vape, swabbed down 1800 sq feet and everything having to do with the grow....it was a bitch...but now I'm armed.... :thanks:

These have about 3 weeks to go, but my 4th run of this strain and it's hands-down the best run so far.

20170302_110959.jpg

20170302_111013.jpg

That's the laniakea (gdp x gsc) x jack skellington (m). It's quite stable, and tweaked up it's super stinky and super frosty. Id be really interested to see you run it, but im sure youve got plenty to play with already. Otherwise, hit me up.

:party:Oh yeah! Doc's speedy service strikes again. Ordered and shipped same day. New grow, up, up, and away!

:thumb:

Thanks! When orders are delayed, it's not 'cuz I'm sitting around smoking joints! It's because I don't always have everything I need in stock, due to one thing or other being on back order.....not because I forgot to order it 'cuz I was smoking joints.....but because the manufacturer is having challenges with sourcing.

Thanks! When orders are delayed, it's not 'cuz I'm sitting around smoking joints! It's because I don't always have everything I need in stock, due to one thing or other being on back order.....not because I forgot to order it 'cuz I was smoking joints.....but because the manufacturer is having challenges with sourcing.

Trust, we all know your not slacking.

I'm really excited for my next run. At this point I would say I'm .01 notches past beginner, but I have learned quite a bit. More challenges will occur but I am better prepared. I mean, having all the kit components halps...

Appreciate your efforts Doc!

Back
Top Bottom