Dohc's Cannaball Run 2021

The mid flower plants have all started smelling with beautiful tones, it's lovely to have so many different scents to inhale.
Aromatherapy for me!
I’m with you. Time spent in the garden just vanishes. Mmm.

And hey
Spent the last couple of hours listening to these fellas,
Thanks for the recommendation :theband: I wouldn’t have come across them otherwise. Interesting stuff man. Cheers.

2$ shop Sunday!
Pound shop, dollar store what ever you call them, these are a great place for cheap growing/ 420 lifestyle supplies.

The humidity here is going thru the roof. It's 85+ here today and the buds in jars are going up in humidity rather than down.
So my inner Scottish enginerd decided we should make CHEAP moisture absorbers.
I have read about rice balls but I'm a lazy folk so I bought these at the local big $$ store.

Crap pic, but they are stainless steel tea pods.
A small little perferated holder for tea!?
So Mc me thought..

Then I remembered I want a jarring funnel. The oil funnel just needed a slight trim and..

I also bought kebab skewers as moisture meters, a great tip from @NuttyProfessor .
Some metal clips to use as anchor points for training branches, and some key tags and clips for plant ID.
I'll post some pics later of the latter items, in use tonight.
The other main reason for the massive slurpge of NZ paseos, was glue!
I got some humidity sensors last week for $2 each and some glass 2l jars for $4 ea.
The goal was to have this for curring my bud.

You can see the robo rice ball in side.
I'm monitoring the jar to see what effect the rice is having.
Hope you get some ideas or inspiration the next time you're shopping. :thumb:

I also bought kebab skewers as moisture meters, :thumb:

i love those type of shops

great to aerate every other day too, i aerate daily , , it helps when you top feed and water , its got lots of benefits ..
I keep breaking the little wooden kebabs sticks so ill get a little stainless steel spike i think to aerate and use the wood for moisture metre :)

The goal was to have this for curring my bud.
Brilliant :idea:
When I’ve used the rice ball method I’ve dessicated the rice by giving it 80 degrees C in the oven for half an hour. The trick is to get it in the (nylon stockings) metal egg and in the jar before it hydrates again in the room.

I love the metal eggs! I use a similar thing for sprinkling DE.

Here's some of the kebab and key chain tags. And the upppotted Vege plants.

dessicated the rice by giving it 80 degrees C in the oven for half an hour.
Lol I forgot about that part!
I was in full fabricobble mode! :laugh:
It seems to be working already, but I'll definitely cook some to see the difference.

great to aerate every other day too, i aerate daily , , it helps when you top feed and water , its got lots of benefits ..
Thanks Nutty that's another one I'll steal/ learn from you!:thumb::green_heart:

They finally arrived!

Got it hooked up to an app, that is probably stealing my identity as we speak, but ...
Plant preservation first!!

After the above bench test I can confirm: 100mls per minute per pump,
Times four pumps:slide:
You can set each pump on a timer or manually.
Then you can set how long the pump runs for each timer period.

Next job is to set up the drippers in groups to feed each tent. Approx 30 drippers for the main room and maybe a few more for the 3 tents.
I'll have to arrange one watering unit to cover the 3 tents so I'll use tees and some 4 way branches I also bought.

Then I'll measure the out put from each area/ tent.:rofl:
Simple really!
This is for when I go away a week at a time with work.
It won't replace me looking at each plant as an individual.

A safety net you could say.
:high-five:

Testing continues.
Made a 4 way dripper up and then made 4 more to make a complete Ioom for one tent. I changed the hose, feeding the loom, with a slightly bigger ID (more volume)
After testing the complete loom I measured 100mls per pot per min.
500mls for the tent per minute.
I was surprised how evenly each 4way flowed very similar amounts.
More to come! :thumb:

:bravo:
Nicely done dude.

So you switch the pump on using your cellphone when you’re out of town and your garden gets watered. Then you have to hope you still have coverage thirty minutes later to switch them off?

Then you have to hope you still have coverage thirty minutes later to switch them off?
Once I have a WiFi moisture probe and a camera set up, I could risk using manual watering, but for now it will be set on auto.
Because I have 4 pumps in total, I can have babies getting a few mils, twice a day and the late flower plants getting a liter or two every other day.
In spent most of last night making up the looms for each space. I'll measure the flow tonight and setup the timers based on that.
:slide:

Well I'm away for the week and hopefully my new pumps keep everything alive.
I tested the pump for the main room last night and it emptied the 20l container in 30 mins.
So the rate per plant works out at approximately 60 Mils a minute.
That is one pump feeding 11 plants, so I have adjusted the other pumps appropriately, for the other tents and number of plants.
I'll update the results when I get home.
The cuttings are my main concern, so I repotted them in larger pots, to help retain some moisture.

Hope you all have a good week! :lot-o-toke: :thumb:

How exciting! Fingers crossed it all runs smoothly for you mate. Nice to be able to keep an eye on it all from your hip pocket. Do you have cameras on your rig so you can actually keep an eye on things too? Just wondered while I tapped that about keeping an eye on it.

Good to see the flowers coming on :slide:

I see what you mean about the cuttings. You’ve done your best and it doesn’t get better than that. So they’ll be fine.

Well I actually got home the other night, as the job wasn't quite completely ready for us.
I was super happy to see that the pumps had done their thing, and nothing looked worse for the experience.
To be honest I still have the pumps on.
I'll monitor the levels now that I'm around daily and do any fine tuning required.
Happy Friday! :woohoo: :yahoo: :lot-o-toke:

Back
Top Bottom