Dohc's Diary

Been waiting to drop a couple of seeds, but have to try and work it around work. No plans out of town for the next 3 weeks so here we go!

No idea what BH is. It is a legacy seed from my old mate.
I've googled all the names I could find and still have no clue. Well all have to wait and see :woohoo:
Baby pics to follow in a few days hopefully.
:high-five::green_heart:

Covid lockdown day 70?
I'm still working but got nothing on today.
So went shopping for what I could get in terms of making some oil.
I've had a real hankering for carrot cake and just a general want to eat and apply (topically) more meds.

@DonkeyDick has been teasing me with pics of his baking prowess recently and @HashGirl gave me a recipe for creams and balms.

So with only supermarkets open I decided to start simple and make a simple stock oil that should be good for cooking and go from there.

Decarb 2 X Oz of trim and 1 Oz of chopped up "space needle"

Put Crockpot on and put 3 cups of canola oil in and set to low 105-110 C
In my case.
I tested high, but it started going over 125 c.
The decarb should have activated the psycos, so the oil temp is to infuse not to activate.
Tell me if that's wrong.
Anyway it's still dripping thru the high tech filter system and looking great.

I licked the spoon about 2 hours ago and still have a lovely buzz going.

Should have had a day off years ago!:laugh:
Carrot cake muffins coming this weekend!:green_heart:

I spent several hours putting my automatic watering system back in
Niiiice!!! I'll be incorporating a watering system before I get my next grow going.
She's not tall but thick as ....!
MmmmMmmmmMmmmm...just the way I like 'em :p:love::laugh:
On the left is that sexpot? I see our man @BakedARea grew sexxpot (sic) outside in his northern summer just gone.
What can you tell us about it BA?
Thanks Dick for the tag.
I was told / read it is a little euphoric and chill.
A favourite of of the ladies?
But first hand accounts welcome @BakedARea
Hey D7! Pleasure to be here. I'll be doing my best to keep up with these. That BH will be exciting to watch develop. Blueberry Headband maybe?

As for the Sexxpot, I grew two plants outdoors. One in a 10 gallon fabric pot and the other in my raised garden bed.

This was SP2 the night of her main & second harvest of the season.

Did someone say to NOT budwash?

SP1 took some HEAVY pest pressure and succumbed to lots of bud rot.

Here is SP2 still maturing out the remaining buds for at least another month. This was a few days ago.

My first rosin press from the first SP2 harvest was decent. It will be best after it is cured of course. I got a blowout so it was a bit harsh and hayish. It was definitely a mellow and uplifting experience. I am hoping to mix this with a strong CBD strain or maybe cbd distillate to make some capsules for my wife. She is a light weight when it comes to cannabis and there have been times when it has made her nauseous and even puked once. I'm hoping this variety can help with a variety of issues for both my wife and me.

The most recent test of SP1 and it was much tastier. I turned down the heat and used less pressure. Tried to focus on only getting the best rosin out. It was a much cleaner smoke but I did not get too much taste out of it. It got me feeling good though!

Covid lockdown day 70?

Your area of Ontario is locked down? Why?

I'm still working but got nothing on today.
So went shopping for what I could get in terms of making some oil.
I've had a real hankering for carrot cake and just a general want to eat and apply (topically) more meds.

@DonkeyDick has been teasing me with pics of his baking prowess recently and @HashGirl gave me a recipe for creams and balms.

So with only supermarkets open I decided to start simple and make a simple stock oil that should be good for cooking and go from there.

Decarb 2 X Oz of trim and 1 Oz of chopped up "space needle"

Put Crockpot on and put 3 cups of canola oil in and set to low 105-110 C
In my case.
I tested high, but it started going over 125 c.
The decarb should have activated the psycos, so the oil temp is to infuse not to activate.
Tell me if that's wrong.
Anyway it's still dripping thru the high tech filter system and looking great.

I licked the spoon about 2 hours ago and still have a lovely buzz going.

Should have had a day off years ago!:laugh:
Carrot cake muffins coming this weekend!:green_heart:

Great job on the oil! Hope the carrot cake muffins work out. I'm thinking about making banana bread as we have a lot of bananas that were frozen when they were past their prime (for eating out of hand).

Exactly this! Decarb first, then infuse. Much more difficult for the acid molecule (THCa) to break free when insulated by oil. How long did you have it in the crock pot? Longer is better, stirring often is even better. Twice with a cool-down overnight is better still!
I read so many takes on time and temps and got to the point of fuck it! and see what happens.:D
I had it in the crock pot for almost 2 hrs, stirring every 10 to 15 mins.
I kept the remains of the flower, as I read it can be used again for a 2nd weaker soak.
Super happy with the results so far, but stronger is obviously better.
Cheers for the advise Shed.
I'll definitely try longer with a cool down In-between next time.:thumb::thumb::thanks:

I made a few batches before I started double doing them. It’ll still be good don’t worry.

So you strain the plant material and then re-infuse it with the oil you just strained out of it??? :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom