Piña's 2020 Diary 3rd Journal

Happy Friday 420,
Hope everyone's gardens are good and green.

I was really hoping my next update would involve the slaughter of the two established girls, but as you can see from the photo, it's not happened yet.

P1010071.JPG

That DD is really packing it on! :drool:

Indeed she is, still drinking and swelling. It's a shame there isn't a most phallic POTM competition. I think she could stand a chance.

P1010078.JPG P1010079.JPG

I don't need to make space yet, so figured I may as well keep them going. Day 70 for her and the unknown girl. Can't be long now.

Burnt Girl is showing the first signs of flower.

P1010076.JPG

I'm wondering if she's a Dark Devil too. She's growing the same way, and there could be a hint of colour to her. Might be wishful thinking on my part though. Day 38.

The Blueberry is still powering along. She's going to be a squat one. Day 28

P1010077.JPG

She got a little upset with the new fan the other night. It's caused a few damaged leaves up top, but I think she's over it now. I've been watching how I position her for the night shift.

The STB is still benefiting from all the lessons learnt from my other victims.

P1010083.JPG

Today was her first day out in the garden with the big girls, she stayed under her dome, and got no direct Sun. Looks like she had a whale of a time.

The next big step will be her first feeding, nervous about that. Going to wait a few more days, and enjoy her while she's at 100% health, before I screw up :).

It's just occurred to me that I should have started a stunt double for her.

Thanks for stopping by, stay safe and well, and I hope you find a way to make your weekend feel different from your week.

:Namaste:

Attachments

• WIN_20200508_13_15_15_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20200508_13_15_15_Pro.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 36
Good afternoon 420,
The weekend has disappeared on me, Sunday already.

What are you using again? I can probably help.

Sorry Felipe, I didn't see this. No notifacation, weird. I'm using Advanced Nutriants pH perfect, just the base three. With a little Bio Bizz root juice because I have it.

The STB was fed 0.4ml of each per litre yesterday. I'm happy to report a stunt double wasn't needed, she's doing fine. With a photo to prove it. Day 7.

P1010088.JPG

Not sure what else to do, I'm working on the theory less is more.

I'm also trying to work on reading plants, but it's making me feel a bit illiterate. It's not helping that she looks fine in RL, but maybe a little pale in the photo. Maybe ?

So today has not been a sunny Sunday, in fact we've had some rain, so there was a culling.

P1010085.JPG

They both got the chop on Day 72. I think a period of wet weather was a contributing factor to The Krakens dose of bud rot. Don't want that again.

Washed all the buds in water with a little hydrogen peroxide, and they're now hung to dry. A nice sight they make and the smell is awesome, so fresh.

So now I just need to get these 2 through to harvest. First the Burnt Girl Day40.

P1010086.JPG

Think she's paying me back for all her earlier suffering, she's stretched like crazy. Hope she's finished, I still suspect another DD.

I've been feeding 2ml per L of Bloom, Grow, Micro, and Cal/Mag. I Think she's happier than she looks. The new growth looks okay, most of the damage is from her previous adventures.

The Blueberry's looking good on the same diet. Day 30.

P1010092.JPG

Again she looks better in RL, there are no paler looking leaves.

She does have a weird curving leaf thing going on though. I think that has something to with her dislike of the tent fan.

There's more space on the nightshift now, so should no longer be an issue.

Cheers for stopping by, stay safe

Attachments

• P1010091.JPG
    P1010091.JPG
    927.2 KB · Views: 33
That DD never fails to impress! :drool:

Weird curving leaves are often a first sign of being overfed.

I will run your nutrients through my spreadsheet, and see if I can provide some guidance.

I've been feeding 2ml per L of Bloom, Grow, Micro, and Cal/Mag. I Think she's happier than she looks. The new growth looks okay, most of the damage is from her previous adventures.

The Blueberry's looking good on the same diet.

2ml/L (7.6ml/gal) of the three base nutrients provides:

96ppm N
34 P
165 K
56 Ca
2 Mg
5 S
1.17 Fe
0.47 B
0.47 Mn

No apparent Zn, Mo, Cu, or Si

Is it the Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra? That has some Zn.

Adding 2ml/L of this changes Everything!

N is now
177 ppm!!
Ca = 120
Mg still low at 24
Fe = 2.97
Mn = 1.47
Zn = 1.0

That N is getting into excess!! Could twist and burn!

Is it the Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra? That has some Zn
yep it does. 0.05% Zn

I'm already using Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra, you think I need more Zn ?

Their Nirvana has some more Zn and other stuff, with Rhino Skin for Si. I hate their product names, and labels.

With 4% N, that CaMg is very difficult to work in. Do you have access to GH CALiMAGic? It doesn’t have any Zn, but it’s only 1% N. A dose of 1ml/L only takes the N up to 108ppm for 116ppm Ca and 20 Mg. The Mg is still low, but you can add 0.25g/L of Epsom salt to bring the Mg up to 40ppm.

Good evening all,
Hope everyone's still safe and well. I'm in the middle of a week back at work which is great. Good to be out and about, but man it's been hard after a few weeks off housebound.

First off group shot of my victims. The weather's been so crap this evening I had to put them in the tent to get enough light for a photo.

P1010100.JPG

For the most part they're green, but they're for sure not happy. Well the STB might be, but only because I haven't really had a chance to screw with her yet.

The AN Sensi Cal-Mag Xtra is now kicked to touch. The ironic part is I only bought it because I assumed it would work better with the rest of their line. Glad I only bought the smallest bottle.

For now the established 2 are getting 2ml of micro, bloom, and grow, along with growtek cal-max. Tonight was their second feed at this level.

There's something going on.

It's now apparent that I need more information in order to get a grip on this. There's a pH and EC tester on the way, time to see what I'm working with.

I managed to find a couple of places with GH products, but nowhere has CALiMAGic. The only thing I could find is called GH Calcium Magnesium Supplement. I couldn't find any info on what exactly is in it, but thought it might be worth a punt, what's one more bottle of Cal Mag in a household.

I bought a couple of other bits to get free shipping, hopefully to help fill the Zn and Si holes.

The girls are going to have to suffer as is for now, but come the weekend I hope to start getting a grip on it. I'm off work again all next week so I'm going to have plenty of time to educate myself. :) .

Thanks for your help @FelipeBlu .

Well that's all for now, stay safe and well.

Happy Saturday people,
Hope everyone's well and virus free. If you're healthier than my plants you should be in a good place. I'm not going to lie, the poor buggers are suffering in my hands, but I'm trying to get on top of it. With that said, I should warn you this is going to be an even more boring post then normal :oops:.

First up the good news. After a week of frankly crap weather the victims are outside for the first time in 5 days.

P1010101.JPG

There they are enjoying the sun, with whatever bits they have left functioning properly to enjoy it with. You'll have to put up with a thumbnail as they're in no condition to grace any journal in HD. The Blueberry (on the right) is fairing better, but only just.

More good news, my pH and EC testers have arrived.

I decided the first priority is to sort out my pH, so I've spent the morning outside with the girls calibrating the pH meter, and taking some measurements. I decided to try dealing with pH first as it feels far less intimidating. Here comes the boring stuff.....

The plain water I use, from the tap, has a pH 6.9 after it's been bubbled. This is the water I use to flush. I took 500ml, added 2 drops of pH down and got it down to pH 5.2. Using this I extrapolated (bonus points and double word score for that on a Saturday morning) that around 30 drops would get my 10L container into the right area. Sure enough my flush water's now at 5.6 pH. I'll keep an eye out to see how stable this is. For future speed 30 drops = about 0.8ml.

Then I had to do the same for my nute mix.

P1010106.JPG

If you can see the state of my notes from the previous measurements you'll understand why I'm transferring it all here.

As I'm still only working with pH I figured half what's recommended on the bottle's got to be a reasonable place to start, and if pH'd correctly has got to be an improvement. So I used the lowest recommendation per L and halved it.

CalMag 0.5ml
Essentials 2.5ml
Silicon 1.25ml (this one concerns me as it also has 4% soluble potash.)
Micro 2ml
Bloom 2ml
Grow 2ml

This left me with a nute mix of
6.4pH (pH perfect not functioning then). It took 3 drops of pH down to leave the mix at pH 5.6. I'm going to use this information to mix up 10l of nute mix in my other container and see how stable it is.

This system has got to be an improvement, but I'm planning on investigating ppm over the course of the coming week.
Wish me luck :D.

Sorry that's all so boring, but putting it here might help it sink into my thick skull.

Lastly a quick update on STB

P1010104.JPG

Outside in the sunshine for the first time. Hopefully with everything I've learnt this morning I can prevent her getting into the same state as her siblings. She's just about healthy enough for now, all things considered.

Her little hempy is acting a little like quicksand, and sucking her down a bit, but hopefully with improved treatment she can outgrow this action.

That's all I got for now.

Stay well and healthy, and may your gardens stay green.

Attachments

• P1010106.JPG
    P1010106.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom