Dohc's Diary

So you strain the plant material and then re-infuse it with the oil you just strained out of it??? :hmmmm:

I use a conventional oven for my infusions. I’ll run an infusion all day and check from time to time that the temperature is good. Then I switch it off overnight and on again the next day.

I don’t go to the trouble of filtering it in between.

I actually run undecarbed (but dried) fan leaves and trim to build a base oil. This gives a broad spectrum of flavonoids and terpenes, but also a source of THCA. THCA has similar anti inflammatory effects to CBD, but without making it difficult to get high if you take large doses.

The base oil I run twice, then hit it with decarbed flower/spent press pucks/AVB (usually all at once). Then I run that a couple of times.

I’ve been using the oil in capsules and getting good relief. Lately I have been using it to make biscuits - CBD and THC versions from different oils produced the same way.

It’s delicious in food.

I'm in New Zealand

Oops. I must have gotten you confused with someone else.

I thought New Zealand was doing great with Covid. Has that changed?

Oops. I must have gotten you confused with someone else.

I thought New Zealand was doing great with Covid. Has that changed?
We were doing well untill a Delta outbreak 2 + months ago.
It's been contained to Auckland mostly, but as with most other cities around the world, people have lost patience with lockdown now and it's starting to spread quite fast.
102 cases yesterday and climbing.
Our vaccination rates are getting up there now, and our death rates are very low, but it's still a scarry time.

So the mash and oil has done it's 2nd round.
The house got pretty wiffy there for a while, but I think the time and effort was well worth it.
The remains of the flower are toast.
Not burnt but dark and definitely done now.
The oil is darker but not at all black or dark green.
Thank you @InTheShed and @DonkeyDick :thanks::green_heart:

Testing will commence when I'm off call again.
So pop in Monday for a carrot cake muffin.:high-five:

Happy Sunday everyone.
Muffin time!

@Stunger your welcome to stop by and try one or 3:welcome:
@Trala I thought I could use the little ones as pawns and the middle si.ze as castles etc and two big ones for king and queen.
Thoughts?:laugh:
Have a great Day :green_heart:

IMG_20211022_163145.jpg

Great looking oil and awesome looking muffins! Did you use any lecithin while you infused the oil? If not, try to incorporate it next time. It will improve the adsorption of the all the yummy molecules we want.

Rain, humidity, pests, bugs, caterpillars, they're all things that unfortunately we have to deal with to reach harvest. A couple of days ago I carefully watered around the perimeter of my seedling pots so I didn't cause any 'damping off', and now in spite of those efforts my pots are getting damped all day with rain, drizzle and wind, but so far the seedlings are looking good so fingers crossed they come thru ok, hope your's do too.

Back
Top Bottom