Dohc's Cannaball Run 2021

we have been waiting to get out internet for nearly 2 months , its done now , they would not come into the house to drill so i drilled it then rang them lol , we live in the sticks and we where link into the neighbors who is blood related :laugh: , lucky enough

Time to trim the trees!
The plants that DD sent me are doing great, so I have topped them all and made cuttings of the tops. I got 2-4 from each. I'll continue to grow out the original plants and start my mother's with the cuttings.

I also did cuttings of Bubba sis which has grown beautifully from cuttings DD sent.
Gorrila zkittles is struggling along but starting to look much better!
Chiquita Banana and monster Bruce banner are doing great now but Gorrila glue is still slow, but alive!
She just wants to watch the others I guess!

I'll uppot the ADs today and also give them a lower trim and start training them into shape.
I'll stop calling them ADs (Albatross droppings) :laugh:
They are all their own beautiful plants now!
The first 4 to go on to late veg are.
C99 x blueberry
Alaskan purple
Wedding cake X cheap trick
Sage and sour.
It will be great to watch them over the next month.
My mother tent light is on the way out.
It blows a chip about once a week and that causes a section of the panel to stop working.
I am having to solder on new chips to keep it alive.
I'm keeping a close eye on @VetSmoke85 new journal with the @Mars Hydro ts600 light.
It looks like a good choice or maybe the ts1000 .
It's a 800x800 x1600 tent. It will be used to keep my mother's and early veg plants in.
What do you guys/ girls think?

:green_heart::thumb:

Time to trim the trees!
The plants that DD sent me are doing great, so I have topped them all and made cuttings of the tops. I got 2-4 from each. I'll continue to grow out the original plants and start my mother's with the cuttings.

I also did cuttings of Bubba sis which has grown beautifully from cuttings DD sent.
Chiquita Banana and monster Bruce banner are doing great now but Gorrila glue is still slow, but alive!
She just wants to watch the others I guess!
Wow, you're doing really well. It is really awesome with indoor growing how efficient it is to keep 'mothers', save on expensive seeds, and clone off cuttings whenever you want new plants. Being a once a year outdoor grower I am envious. Great going! :hookah:

It’s exciting to see them doing so well for you, Doh! ;) You’ve got green thumbs where your fingers should be.
It will be great to watch them over the next month.
:popcorn:
It will be used to keep my mother's and early veg plants in.

I reckon the TS1000 would be better as that has the larger footprint and is dimmable. Plants are looking great bud :thumb:
What Vet said. I run their fc3000 and it’s good, but not right for that footprint. Vet knows what he’s talking about. Especially about how your plants are looking.

I'm keeping a close eye on @VetSmoke85 new journal with the @Mars Hydro ts600 light.
It looks like a good choice or maybe the ts1000 .
It's a 800x800 x1600 tent. It will be used to keep my mother's and early veg plants in.
For 800x800x1600 tent, TS1000 will be better.

Hope you're all doing well!
It's starting to get busy in the plant room.
I have finally gotten the last of my mite affected plants harvested, and even though they were small, they are super sticky and smelly.
There is something to be said for stressing the plants to bring out their best.

Tents 1,2 and 3 have been moved, cleaned and updated with new inhabitants.
Tent 1 is 5 weeks in flower and looking good.
This was my first quadlining adventure.
I trimmed a bit heavily early on, but I'm pleased with the even height and shape.
T2 has better height and the kola potential is looking good.

T3 has a week or do to stretch before I'll flip.
All 3 tents are the same variety (space needle)

I'm so looking forward to getting the next lot into flower.
@DonkeyDick will hopefully agree that these 4 are looking good to go.

I've got two random out of sync plants that I'll flower early.

I need them out of the way to establish a proper mother's tent.
I have cuttings of all of the ADs and @Bionic Chronic NZ s seedlings are almost ready to top and clone soon.

Gelato#33 is hanging in there.

:passitleft: :thumb:

Wow, man. Lots of busy spaces!
It’ll be interesting to see how you compare yield and use-of-space between quadlining and letting them go free range.
I say flip those AD’s, mate. They look really healthy. :yahoo: I’m stoked! I will be even more so in ... ten weeks :cool:

Congrats on the harvest! Hope to see the tumbler do it’s thing again :D

Dude your garden is transforming :yummy: exciting!

As DD noted your garden getting busy indeed, wow I struggle with just 3. Good stuff!

I have finally gotten the last of my mite affected plants harvested, and even though they were small, they are super sticky and smelly.
There is something to be said for stressing the plants to bring out their best.

One the members here, Maritimer, in his current thread is running experiments on spraying a stressor on the plants to simulate them getting attacked from insects for the purpose of increasing their potency as you suggest. So it may not be all bad, except you have to do a decent bud wash to flush out the dead bugs which otherwise are a bit of bugger to have in your stash.

It's been a crazy few weeks/months in Dohc's world.

The work I do has-been really slow since the new year, and I decided a month or so back that I needed a solid gig.
So I have spent a lot of time and effort on getting that happening.
I started a new job this week!
Car,ph,craptop the lot!
:party::woohoo:
So suddenly my priorities have changed!

How do I water when I travel!
And how do I take some meds with me on a domestic flight!?:laugh:

So AliExpress to the rescue!
NZ$ 65.63 36%OFF | Houseplants Self Watering System Mobile Phone Control Timer Drip Irrigation Tool 15M Automatic Watering Device for Plant

I've bought some dripper heads and tube as well.
I'll show you all how it works when I get them, but basically I'll have the ability to have 80 liters ,or more, of feed/ water sitting in buckets in the room, and then have them on a timer or give them a top up remotely from my phone.

Fucking fantastic!

If you want, and I will, you can get WiFi based soil moisture probes. That will mean I could monitor the levels and feed when needed, which is what I do now.
Fucking fantastic!

So now a tour of the run!
Pre water photos, but I promise they are healthy :laugh:
Clones are pretty much backups for the mother's now.
They need upppotted, but no space for another day or two.
Sorry about the lighting, but these are the seedlings from @Bionic Chronic NZ and the cuttings from @DonkeyDick .
The two at the back will join T4 in a week and go to 12/12 in another week from then.
T1 never really filled out, but they are heavy little buggers and were my first attempt at quads in bigger pots.

T1 trics going amber now.

T2 I'm happy with the height and shape in this 2nd attempt of fabric bags and quadlining.
Hopefully a bit more out of this lot.

T3 are just stretching out and I think I kept a better amount of nodes this run.

I finally have time and enough to spare to get some fridge dried and now into jars for a proper cure.

I can really notice the smell has been enhanced and it tastes so good compared to the dry crisps I have done in the past.
I love you all for the help and friendship over the last few months.
There's a jar here for you !
:high-five::thumb:

Congratulations on the new job, dohc! No mean feat. And it’s going to bring you this way? Can’t wait :)
Gardens are looking lush and lovely. Don’t the trained plants look good with multiple tops on them like that?
Gardening like a boss :high-five:

How do I water when I travel!
And how do I take some meds with me on a domestic flight!?:laugh:

So AliExpress to the rescue!
NZ$ 65.63 36%OFF | Houseplants Self Watering System Mobile Phone Control Timer Drip Irrigation Tool 15M Automatic Watering Device for Plant
That watering unit looks really interesting Dohc.
That sort of thing could solve my issue of dehydration when I am away. Here's a pic of when my plants barely survived a week last grow without water, they came right as I caught them before they went terminal, but probably one more day and it would have probably been the big chop in the sky for them. Being able to tell it to release water from one's phone is pretty cool.

I'll be down your way soon mate :high-five: :passitleft:

Don’t the trained plants look good with multiple tops on them like that?
I am really enjoying the 5 pot quad trials.
I have space and light coverage that is way better than before.
Multiple kola, and looking like similar yield to my 9 pots of recent harvests.
I think the main benefit is the more dense flower.
Which with a fridge dry and a couple of weeks cure!
:drool:
Thanks 420ians
Learnt all this here and got more way more to try!

That watering unit looks really interesting Dohc.
That sort of thing could solve my issue of dehydration when I am away. Here's a pic of when my plants barely survived a week last grow without water, they came right as I caught them before they went terminal, but probably one more day and it would have probably been the big chop in the sky for them. Being able to tell it to release water from one's phone is pretty cool.
My body shock a bit when I saw that pic.:laugh:
Have a good read of that unit and a few others you'll find there.
The double pump gives you double timing and volume as well.
I'm looking at the two pumps and fittings I ordered, feeding up to 30 plants.

There are cheaper ones as well as solar and hydro something types that are completely self watering.:theband:

Back
Top Bottom