The genius clone is supposed to have strong zigzagging in the branches. Looks like you got the one. Nice. :p

Hi kitchenhawk,
Good eye there, you’ve done your homework. Here you go:passitleft:

I’ve upgraded her to a larger pot with high brix soil, and letting her acclimate for now. I hope to clone her in a month or so, and send her into bloom.

Sampling my friends grown herb, I can see why she is special, clear strong mind clearing high. I can’t wait to see what Doc’s soil can coax out of her.

Hi kitchenhawk,
Good eye there, you’ve done your homework. Here you go:passitleft:

I’ve upgraded her to a larger pot with high brix soil, and letting her acclimate for now. I hope to clone her in a month or so, and send her into bloom.

Sampling my friends grown herb, I can see why she is special, clear strong mind clearing high. I can’t wait to see what Doc’s soil can coax out of her.
I pulled up a chair and will be watching from the corner. :nomo:

Ok the start of a new day, I love it.

Here’s a little info and pics on an interesting strain that came my way, in the form of seeds, from a friend.

Jalalabad Star

She has such dark leaves with pronounced margins and veins. I moved three females outside, and kept the darkest, smelliest one inside to clone if she proves herself.

Here is the story from the Russian that perserved these genetics all these years and has made them available, at least in the past.

Jalalabad Star '#1' description

ExSitu wants to introduce to you the real oldtime C. indica ssp. afghanica genetics have been collected in area of Salang Pass, Afghanistan in 1988 and then being preserved since 1989 after Soviet army troops had left Afghanistan.

Jalalabad Star is a plant with a stink and an acride smell. You will need good filter to mask its hellish strong odor which Afghani species has. Plant is expressing best results if you grow it for full four months. Vegetative stage should last for two months under MH 400-600W lights. For modest grower 400W is good enough. Then turn to stage of blooming using both of MH and HPS lights together. And finish the flowering stage under HPS lights only. Its height approximately is 120 cm when indoors.

Jalalabad Star
is a plant of NLD type, or narrow leaflet drugtype. It usually has green leaves but you may be lucky to find a phenotype with deepest green, almost black-like coloured leaves. Product made of Jalalabad Star is providing a special kind of high which really psychedelic, impressive and powerful is. Its beautiful honey-like coloured flowers will make you happy and wonder. Give this plant enough time to exhibit itself 100% and you will get a very special product to try. An Old World afghanica that came out of Afghanistan with Soviet army in 1989. JS '#1' is delight for connoisseurs, a taste of the past.

Pretty cool
Cheers

Wow. That is one beautiful plant. The leaves look like they have raised 3d grooves in the serrations.
Exactly, that caught my eye as well Kitchenhawk. Very three dimensional! Still has alternating nodes, but is showing preflowers.
She is a lovely dark green and those leaves... I think you may have a keeper there. Nice score!
Hi Morglie, I have my fingers crossed! I’m gonna upcan her and veg a bit more before I clone and send her into the flower room.
Man what a killer harvest on that bubblegum! That is a keeper pheno for sure bud.

Hi Yeti
I wish I could share a j with ya, she’s a pleaser for sure.

Here is some more pics from last night:

The mature Headband Og at flip 56, May come down tonight. She ran out of fuel at the end, I could of super drenched her one more time a couple weeks ago. She is a very greasy bud. When cured, the buds are very sticky with sharp citrus fuelie taste and smell. My favorite! A couple hits gets you going, very energized, a couple more on top and it gets very disorienting, and any more on that I start to have balance and equilibrium issues. Very potent!

A younger BG at flip 24, just top dressed with RC and EWC, Cationic drench is next on deck, in a day or two

A younger headband og

This C99 is limping along, she doesn’t like this batch of 3rd run soil, very stunted this round and not drinking much, 3 and 5 bladed leaves...

And the Chem Stars
They are loving life!

Enjoy your day!

I'm in.. Ahh yes Amsterdam, went there on business a few years back. Had a great time. Came home with some killer hash.
Haha reminds me of a story. Weekend in dam last day had 3 bags of chronic plus a eigth of hash in the back of my grinder left over. Smoked like a beast to get through it all. got to the airport about to go through customs and then I hear it... the grinder rattling with every step I took. So i did what anybody would do.. i ate the lump of hash lol. Plane trip is half an hour long back to england. Wasnt until I got home to england and in my dads car. that I started trippin balls lol. Was fun though.

Oh and hello @DopyLemontree love the name. Sounds like me and you have the same kinda head lol
Cant wait to see what else you can pull outta the bag

Congrats! Nice haul.
Thanks Neiko!
Haha reminds me of a story. Weekend in dam last day had 3 bags of chronic plus a eigth of hash in the back of my grinder left over. Smoked like a beast to get through it all. got to the airport about to go through customs and then I hear it... the grinder rattling with every step I took. So i did what anybody would do.. i ate the lump of hash lol. Plane trip is half an hour long back to england. Wasnt until I got home to england and in my dads car. that I started trippin balls lol. Was fun though.

Oh and hello @DopyLemontree love the name. Sounds like me and you have the same kinda head lol
Cant wait to see what else you can pull outta the bag

Great story BilboBudkin, and welcome to the journal! When I got home to the states, I found 2 half smoked joints in my jacket pocket, in those plastic tubes they sold them in. Forgot they where there, and nobody noticed them at airport...lucky me!

Come on back anytime! :passitleft:

High Dopy!
Hope you get a reduced sentence in Trim jail.
We will keep the lights on for ya.
:;)

Love you grow DopyLemontree, refresh my memory did you do any training on these girls? Looks like all natural..
They look great.
Thanks Bud! No training, first time I run a plant I let it go. I do remove all lower growth below 5-6 nodes at the flip for clones. I’m not a fan of those lower popcorn buds, too much fuss to trim.

:slide:

Update:

Ok it is flip 38 in the garden and I’ve got a bunch of pics from last night. Both Cat Drenches are done, plus a big drink with straight filtered water, they will be ready for a GE drench tonight. Most are doing well, some are struggling. I’ve been holding temps at 84 lights on with this heat wave, with no AC. This is higher than I like but the best I can do currently.

Got some big colas standing proud

Plants are full natural growth

Chem Star 4 is struggling along, this is the variegated one, and it is burnt more since after the Cats than the others. It also drinks much slower than the others. It will be interested in runner her clones in some fresh 1st run soil

In the veg room genius is doing much better, starting to grab hold of the high brix soil.

That’s it for now, back to work I go!

Thanks for looking

Back
Top Bottom