Dubnation's - Indoor/Outdoor - Winter Grow Journal - 2016/2017

I'm sure all will be ok when you return. :high-five:

True that ^^^ no stress just fun.. It's going to be really cool when you get back to a room full of big girls...

Don't stress the spots on the leaves.. likely its from the lights and water on the leaves, sometimes it happens. I just let it go leave those fans in there to do their job.

Wait till you start taking clones! Dead dying leaves are a good sign in that deal.

Looking good - Maui Wowi... nice. We used to smoke that way way back in the day from the BOEL peeps. That was the beginning of real decent sensimilla home grown, at least in my small world back in the early 70s .. I was a wee toad smoking weed when I was like 14, scrounging up coin to score a zip .. wow brings back memories. That and Thai Sticks... and hash ... and.... OMG. My parents probably worried themselves sick!

Good luck and enjoy while away on your trip. Have fun in the moment and try and find the goodness - it's everywhere!

The girls will live and thrive.. :Namaste:

The swamp cooler came in yesterday and in my haste, I put it together and left in my tent. No noticeable change in temps, but the fan and humidifier combo does save me space. That's the only plus. It's not really cooling anymore than my original set up.

No pictures today. The 8 girls inside are doing great. The 1 outdoor is also OK, but she's drying up quickly. I'm going to have to make sure my buddy does the lift test and hope he waters her/him properly.

Off to Europe I go... 12 days. Thanks for all the support guys. Going to enjoy every moment!

Let's all hope for the babysitter not to @#&$ up. Good buddy to have if he's there for you. It's always worrisome to leave the plants for an extended time. Have a good trip, I'll check in to see if they survive the ordeal, keep us posted and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

So 12 days away and all sorts of bad happened to the girls. From what I could tell through pictures my buddy sent me was that there was light burn from 48 hours of unchecked tent. Which I assume the temps went up and the girls were also too dry. Dying for water and was super droopy.

I could tell my buddy had a hard time working around them and broke many of the branches and tie downs so the girls grew VERY uneven. Many of the perfectly split tops had only 1 growing well. Super unbalanced and even yellowing and dying leaves in the lower areas without light.

I'm working to getting them back into a somewhat respectable balance but it's looking pretty gnarly... so be kind please and advice welcome!

First off though, the boy that I took out early sure was a boy! Look at those balls! Chopped him immediately as he was outside and didn't want to risk anything getting on my clothes and taken back in:

IMG_248923.JPG

The three girls I left un-topped, natural christmas tree style under the 2-bulb in an open room did the best:

IMG_249223.JPG

Here's the tent, I took out one which looks like may have balls, so now I'm down to 4. 2 Chronic and 2 White Russian:

IMG_249826.JPG

I've already pruned a lot off and of the dying ones, but here are some discoloration in the new growth here. Any thoughts to this cause?

IMG_249923.JPG

And other yellow leaves in the undergrowth:

IMG_250023.JPG

When I arrived home, the pots were so light so gave them water only. Kicked off my ACT and will be ready in 48 hours. Also loaded up the foliar spray with Pro Tekt and gave them a good spray.

I don't want to leave again but I have another trip coming up for a week! I'm never going to get a good amount of time with them. Bad farmer bad... At least this time wife is home and can watch over the girls.

He didn't have any nutes. Just sloppy and unchecked I believe. They look better today. Gave them a 8 hr break from the lights.

Bc of my travels it looks like the earliest I could flip would be around 72-75 days of veg. That's when I plan to take half outdoors to flip and continue to veg and train the other half in tent.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hi dub :cheer:
I am glad they are better And just check for bugs too just in case.
The male..did you collect pollen from it?
You can try to smoke it, sometimes it actually has some THC/CBD in them. :Namaste:

Hi AB!

Thanks. And yes checked for bugs. So far so good. My IPM set up from bobrown14 will have to wait bc of my next trip in 48 hours. I will be using pro tekt and neem and showing wife to spray while away.

Didn't collect any pollen from the male. It's too advanced for little ol me. My next learning step is to clone upon return. And then start the flip.

I have a 4x4 tent I want to install upon return as well and have more space to veg and clone together. Baby steps.

Hey there Dub-n - your girls look pretty good to me... water for the win... a little stress now and then isn't really all that bad.

Sometimes a little stress on the ladies can surprise you. Thirsty ladies in flower will do anything to protect the flowers = great terpene profiles.. (not suggesting to let the ladies go thirsty) just sayin..

WAY better to under water ... all good.

I'm looking forward to some big beautiful flowers, you're going to have some! :thumb:

KIG

Will be home in 48 hours! Can't wait to see how the wifey did with the girls. It'll be 7 days away total and when I get back going to start cloning once I catch up on sleep.

Thanks for all the support folks! I've been gone far too long (almost half the veg time) so I'll be happy with any survivors lol.

So upon return I plan to send 3 of the girls outside to start the flip. I'm getting less than 12 hours of sun in my yard since it's winter so do you recommend giving them 18/6 indoors for another week or so and then take them outdoors? They have been on 24/0 light since popping and will have been in veg for 60+ days when I return.

The other 4 will continue training for another 30 days along with my clones in a 4x4 tent that I will set up upon return too.

Advice welcome! Much love!

Hint from a traveler.. pay close and closest attention to your wife when you get home... I'm sure you miss her as she misses you too... family first bro! Just sayin... :Namaste: safe travels.

Great advice! Wife above all else. You are a good man bb! These grows are after all for my wife and I so if I don't take care of her upon return what good is this grow for. :)

Quick update.

4 girls in the tent. 2 WR on left and 2 Chronic on right. Still very unbalanced and sad.

Gave them a boost with Big Bloom and Molasses drink. Foliar with pro tekt and Epsom salt.

Got ACT brewing for next feed.

420-magazine-mobile428258648.jpg

The 3 outside the tent continue to grow very well. I'm going to send them outdoors to begin the flip next week. Any advice prior to the flip for these three?

420-magazine-mobile1526887052.jpg

Will be taking clones from these three prior to flip. Excited about that step.

That's my number one thing I do every trip away from the wifey. I always bring back something unique from each place I go. After all I am growing for her as well.

In vegas for another 48 hours and then will be home for the rest of the Grow. All in all I've been away for nearly half of my veg period. All things considered I'm glad they are alive.

Can't wait to flip soon. Bought some high P bat guano to kick them off. Will make ACT with instead of the high N Guano. Otherwise I'm looking forward to being home and catching up on everyone's grow.

And goooo Cubs!

For flip I top dress with worm castings and some limestone and a little compost if you have it. I don't follow the NPK paradigm as I feel it's too rigid for organics. To each their own on that regard.

FYI - careful with the guano's ... not a fan of that stuff. It's pretty strong .. hard to figure out how much is too much until its too late.

If you can source so 100% pure coconut water with no preservatives and no sugar.. 100% coconut water, mix a 1/4 cup of that in with a gallon of water and water in... this helps with the flowering and terpene profile as well as a lot of other goodness. I use it all the way down the stretch to harvest.

Your wife has taken very very good care of your plants. The only thing I see is you running out of room ... don't top them just tie the top down, don't have to go all the way down sideways is fine.. You will probably need to do that.

Topping you will loose yield and valuable flowering time. Again thats just me.. but I've experimented and proved out my suspicions. It's better to train them in VEG when they are smaller ... yer gonna need a bigger tent! (think Jaws movie). :thumb: I never fret when I have that problem.. it's a blessing in disguise.

Good luck and hope we find you safe and home again from your travels. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom