Dumpy's First 1000 Watt Soil Grow

Been using a Sentinel chhc-4. Would give it an 8.5 out of 10. Only because there doesnt seem to be a software solution available. AM Hydro seems to make a decent solution but it looks like it's gonna be a bit expensive. The Sentinel ran about 600 dollars where the AM Hydro unit is pushing 2k.

Well..... here we go. Week 4 pics. Pretty much the same, just bigger.
DSCF04993.JPG
DSCF05021.JPG
DSCF05002.JPG
DSCF05034.JPG
DSCF05013.JPG
DSCF05045.JPG

Switched the girls over to flower today. Ran a ton of clear water through them, gave them their flower nutes and let them drain some more. Cleaned up their sleeping quarters, changed the lamp and made their schedule 12/12. They're all feminized but gonna keep an eye out for a possible hermie. Forgot to take pics and they're sleeping now so I'll post some pics tomorrow. :morenutes:

Switched the girls over to flower today. Ran a ton of clear water through them, gave them their flower nutes and let them drain some more. Cleaned up their sleeping quarters, changed the lamp and made their schedule 12/12. They're all feminized but gonna keep an eye out for a possible hermie. Forgot to take pics and they're sleeping now so I'll post some pics tomorrow. :morenutes:

Now the fun begins :welldone:

Hey Puff. :thanks: Been looking forward to this part. They are already smelling pretty strong and the texture of the plants have changed. Spent about 4 hours changing them over today.

I have the moms in the veg tent and the auto flowers in the flower tent, the auto's are starting to preflower..............but its the veg tent that stinks like hell.
I'm thinking the activated carbon in my filter is bunk or it just sat on the shelf to long and absorbed all it can take.

The guy at the hydro store told me they last about 6 months to a year. Mine works great but if it quits, it probably won't matter much. I have it exhausting through an old b vent that dumps 30 feet up in the air. I changed the furnace and hot water heater to high efficiency an the old vent wasnt in use anymore. Its pretty convenient.

The guy at the hydro store told me they last about 6 months to a year. Mine works great but if it quits, it probably won't matter much. I have it exhausting through an old b vent that dumps 30 feet up in the air. I changed the furnace and hot water heater to high efficiency an the old vent wasnt in use anymore. Its pretty convenient.

You just gave me an idea. The room I have the tents in is concrete block, then I studded her out, insulated and put up drywall but I just remembered I covered up an old duct run that leads to my old chimney. I'm thinking I'll find it in the morning.

Smells like skunks around here all the time anyway, so if a little got out,,,all would be good.

Ya... I didnt know how smelly it would get. Tried to think of everything before i started but have been learning and improvising as I go. The second time around it wiil be alot easier. Still gathering for the DWC next time brodda. Been watching your grow. Waiting to see how the res fans pan out.

Yo, just opened up the old chimney and reran the duct work for both tents to it. Ahhhh what a difference, no more smell in the basement whatsoever. Put a can of ona gel in front of the exhaust in the veg tent, just in case on a dead calm hot day it happens to smell.

Way to go brodda. Dumping high in the air should help the odour dissipate and make it way less noticable. Plus it doesnt throw up flags if heat is being expelled via the chimney.:goodjob:

I do the same. I know my filter is still working though. I put a dryer trap inline. Every once in a while i open it to see if i smell anything.

Your plants are looking real good Dumpy! I am impressed with your knowledge on growing cannabis and can tell
you have spent a lot of time researching it. You are already ahead of the game. Soil can't be beat when growing
the finest marijuana possible especially when using organic nutrients. I am looking forward to watching the rest
of your grow......:smokin:.....

Thank you Goshawk. I can't take all the credit. I've learned alot from reading about the ups and downs others have experienced on this site and from the dudes that sell me gear. I also bought Ed Rosenthal's and Tommy Chong's book on growing marajuana. It's not only an easy read but it's put together in such a way that it makes a great reference.
I enjoy this hobby. This is the first time I have ever grown marajuana and am looking forward to enjoying the fruits of labour. It's kind of like the time we made maple syrup. We tapped about a hundred trees. We collected three or four garbage pails of sap, made a fire and spent all day boiling it down into syrup. After doing all of that work, whenever i put that syrup on my pancakes, it tasted that much sweeter because it was alot of work and we did it ourselves. I think it will be the same feeling when I'm sitting out on the deck with friends some night this summer drinking some beer, smoking some smoke, listening to tunes, laughing and enjoying some spaducci. You reap what you sow. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom