My First Grow - 420 Autos - 1000 Watts

pw do i spray all plants now or just the infected looking ones? or do i spray all plants as a preventitive deal? or would they already be on all plants? when you spray the whaole plant or just try to get the leaves

I would spray them all to be safe

HI there Iron.... Are you sure:

You have mites?

You sure you have a problem at all??

I didn't see any mites in any of the pics.... you can see mites with the naked eye and confirm with a loop. Can see damage with naked eye I did not see any.

OK now with health overall.... plants look fine to me.

The only thing that stands out is they are TOO green and way too much foliage. That's from too much Nitrogen in the soil....

Ok now... your plants look like they are coming down the stretch. All they need is water. Flushing in NOT a thing. Proven science says so.

All they need to finish is water... filtered preferably and you don't need Cal/Mag either that's another hydro store myth.

Water is uber important and you need to know whats in or whats not in your water. I use RO (reverse osmosis) filtered water nothing in the water after filtering and the PH will be 6.5....

There's something called "Senescence" - it's a thing.... . Plants drop leaves going down the stretch, well unless you force feed them nitrogen...also "translocation" is also a thing... those 2 are part of nature and part of a plants normal growth. Leaves turn yellow and fall off, just like in nature. Why do they turn yellow... interesting isn't it? They turn yellow because the older leaves are giving back to the flowers all the nutrients they stored up while they were green.

A lot of folks growing weed call that "fade"....

There's nothing wrong with that and in fact if they are not turning yellow down the stretch there's too much nitrogen in the soil.

That's the only thing I see is too much green at this stage.... so just water, leave out the cal/mag. I could go into why cal/mag is a myth but I will spare you all of that.

Runoff PH is anther myth.... soil PH is not measured with water runoff.

Google this: "how is soil ph tested county extension service"

That should provide you with a lot of interesting reading about soil and tests and real science.. best part of it is the "county extension service" is provided by our federal government for US and we paid for it with taxes!

So my final thoughts are that you are fine ... plants know what they are doing, water them and leave them alone.

Your trim job is going to be a lot of work due to all the green leafy material. Will be food for thought for next round.

Remember, we dont smoke the leaves, check them for pests and develop an IPM routine for next round. If you don't have mites now....you will, just a mater of time.

I'm not here to argue the methods of growing, just trying to help a gardener out. First round lots of folks panic, probably the leading cause of issues IMHO.

This VVVV plant is in "fade" and is perfectly fine .. yellow leaves & curly tips (genetic in this case) included. Nothing but water FTW. There may even be a leaf or 2 turning upside down.... its all good. Once the plants stop or slow down water uptake... finished.

DSC_0008_2_4.JPG

Nice to meet you Irondog!
Looks like you have great things happening in your garden! I subbed and need to do a brief catch up.
I'm also new to the 420 family this year but I'm online often and can lend an ear at any time.
Cheers and hope we share some good times!

thank you again everyone sorry i havent answered my brother came home from hospital and my cousin had one final surgery and has left icu.. so to my girls they seem to be doing a bit better since i flushed with 7 ph water it has taken an extra 2 days to dry out but are looking ok ish.. again thank you everyone for your input ill post new pics tomorrow.. on a side note when i went to buy a better loupe the assclown at grow shop asked what i was looking for and i told him mites, he asked if i had pics and his conclusion was to throw away half of my plants or all plants with dark green and droopy leaves because they where male....lmao cause i never checked that months ago... wtf

Glad to hear your family is okay! He said your autos... were... male?

I did not know males grew buds? How some of these people get jobs at hydro stores kills me.... Keep it up man your in the home stretch now.

thank you again everyone sorry i havent answered my brother came home from hospital and my cousin had one final surgery and has left icu.. so to my girls they seem to be doing a bit better since i flushed with 7 ph water it has taken an extra 2 days to dry out but are looking ok ish.. again thank you everyone for your input ill post new pics tomorrow.. on a side note when i went to buy a better loupe the assclown at grow shop asked what i was looking for and i told him mites, he asked if i had pics and his conclusion was to throw away half of my plants or all plants with dark green and droopy leaves because they where male....lmao.. cause i never checked that months ago... wtf
Bwahahah. That's gold. You get some strange cats out there. They must be male. That's why they dark green. Looool

he guys this is probobly a dumb question but if the starin say like 65 days for flower when do you start counti g hwen you first see hairs in pre flower or...

he guys this is probobly a dumb question but if the starin say like 65 days for flower when do you start counti g hwen you first see hairs in pre flower or...
Auto flowers by first pistil, photos I'd agree and say once you have sites established.
They are really more of an estimated time. They can go shorter or longer. Trichs will tell you

ya im just trying to figure how long its "actually" been cause they started getting pistils like a week before i moved them into flower tent

ya im just trying to figure how long its "actually" been cause they started getting pistils like a week before i moved them into flower tent
How long has it been? You had some tric pics a little while back can you post a few more?

They can totally sex in veg. That's why you wait for bud sites with photos, bc they won't show up until light goes under 14hrs

from when i moved from veg tent to flower tent is 39days but they started showing pistils about 7-10 days before depending on strain so i think im really at between around 46-50 days the trics are still atleast 90% clear ill post pics in a bit

again no biggie just trying to figure about where i really am.. reason im wondering is because i when i moved was about a week after vex flipped and hes getting close... i know he is photo and im well "not "

Back
Top Bottom