Ah, gotcha. I run coco DTW so need to deal with runoff. I want to do a floraflex type system but trying to figure out how to deal with the waste. Guess I need to buy a stand or build one out of PVC so I can use gravity to drain the table. Really having a hard time with the prices of these things though. $125 for a plastic tray and 200 for a stand? Ugh!
You can buy 4x4 drain table trays for 75-100$ Which would allow for a fully DTW setup and then just have it drain into a bucket or vacuum out each time! Also shop around for the floraflex collars as some shops will sell them cheaper!

Update

Hey everyone! I hope your all well and having a good week so far.

Sorry for the lack of updates (especially the harvest) since the weekend it’s been extremely busy around here and just haven’t been able to post much! I’ve got a sneak peak at what’s been going on and I’ll be sure to get a good update on here later this week!

But for this evening I’ve got lots of pictures to share. I’ll begin with the IHG girls.

They have filled out the 3x3 again and are ready for a new home! I’ll be transplanting them all into their final 5Gal pots for flowering and moving them into the 4x4 this week! I can’t wait to flower these InHouse Genetics and find some real winning Phenos.

Now for the flower tent. I harvested half the tent on Saturday and the other half on Sunday just due to the amount of work! Very sticky and a abundance of heavy colas this round did not disappoint and in fact it is my best grow cycle yet! Im looking forward to beating it with this upcoming run of the IHG girls and future runs.

Now for the fun part some pictures!

Lots of colours came out come harvest time and I was very happy with that! I love seeing the beautiful fades come through and to see the plants texpressions.

After a wash and a few days hanging this is what they are looking like!

I’ll be manicuring them nicely before they get jarred up but the frost on these girls is just insane! Can’t wait to get the next round flowering and start it all over again!

Then the 4x4 before I clean and reset! The first harvest of the Frost Factory!

Stay Medicated!

You can buy 4x4 drain table trays for 75-100$ Which would allow for a fully DTW setup and then just have it drain into a bucket or vacuum out each time! Also shop around for the floraflex collars as some shops will sell them cheaper!

I'll keep an eye out. The lowest price I've found around here for a 4x4 ID tray is $150, and $199 for a fast-fit stand.

BTW, congrats on the harvest!

I'll keep an eye out. The lowest price I've found around here for a 4x4 ID tray is $150, and $199 for a fast-fit stand.

The cheapest I've found the round drip trays/collars/whatever you want to call them was $35 for a 12-pack for the 10"-12.5" bucket size. Hit me up if you'd like a link, as I can't post it publicly.

Another thought on draining. This may be out of your comfort zone or space ability, but have you considered a dutch bucket type setup?

The basic overview is to take a 3.5gal bucket, put a 1/2" hole about 3" from the bottom of the bucket. Put a 1/2" pipe through the hole, with an elbow inside and out. The outside elbow gets another piece of 1/2" pipe, which connects to a central drain pipe. That drain pipe is slightly tilted so water flows out.

You can then drain to waste, or even recirculate if you wanted to. (I went with the recirc option, since I run the water cycle 3 times a day.)

Place a 5gal paint strainer in the bucket (basically it's a net mesh bag with an elastic band to keep it in place), then put your medium (I use straight perlite) inside the strainer. This will keep your media (mostly) from going out the overflow. Some also put rock in the bottom couple inches to help keep random media from escaping.

How it works is the overflow in the bottom creates a small water pocket. You then cycle the water as needed to keep it fresh. I have to say I've been impressed so far with my initial trial run of this type of setup. Enough so that I will be switching one of my big tents to this on its next run. Unlike DWC/RDWC, you don't need airstones as the roots aren't submerged. Thus, water temps are not near as crucial as with DWC.

I run an airstone and a small circulation pump in the res, just to keep it from getting stagnant. As an extra precaution, I also use Z7 in there. Better safe than sorry.

(Sorry for the distraction Dutch. Just trying to help. :D)

The cheapest I've found the round drip trays/collars/whatever you want to call them was $35 for a 12-pack for the 10"-12.5" bucket size. Hit me up if you'd like a link, as I can't post it publicly.

You mean the floraflex stuff? Ah, yeah that stuff is everywhere and not really expensive. I'm going to do the floracaps rather than matrix style though. It's trying to find a drain table at a good price that's the problem. It's probably just me but I have a hard time paying that much for a piece of molded plastic.

Another thought on draining. This may be out of your comfort zone or space ability, but have you considered a dutch bucket type setup?

The basic overview is to take a 3.5gal bucket, put a 1/2" hole about 3" from the bottom of the bucket. Put a 1/2" pipe through the hole, with an elbow inside and out. The outside elbow gets another piece of 1/2" pipe, which connects to a central drain pipe. That drain pipe is slightly tilted so water flows out.

You can then drain to waste, or even recirculate if you wanted to. (I went with the recirc option, since I run the water cycle 3 times a day.)

Place a 5gal paint strainer in the bucket (basically it's a net mesh bag with an elastic band to keep it in place), then put your medium (I use straight perlite) inside the strainer. This will keep your media (mostly) from going out the overflow. Some also put rock in the bottom couple inches to help keep random media from escaping.

How it works is the overflow in the bottom creates a small water pocket. You then cycle the water as needed to keep it fresh. I have to say I've been impressed so far with my initial trial run of this type of setup. Enough so that I will be switching one of my big tents to this on its next run. Unlike DWC/RDWC, you don't need airstones as the roots aren't submerged. Thus, water temps are not near as crucial as with DWC.

I run an airstone and a small circulation pump in the res, just to keep it from getting stagnant. As an extra precaution, I also use Z7 in there. Better safe than sorry.

Interesting, just looked at some pics on google. For me personally I don't really want to have that many connections. That's why I want to just drain onto one table and then out to waste. Thanks for the suggestion!

And yes, sorry for the distraction Dutch. Back to your regularly scheduled programming :thumb:

All good @incogn1to! Just throwing out some additional options in case you hadn't considered! :D

Congratulations on the harvest
Thanks Mushie!

Yea some places are a bit pricey for sure! You may have good luck ordering online as well instead of a local shop!

Nice harvest Dutch. Thanks for this journal. :thumb: Lots of good info here
Thanks PC and anytime! I’m glad I can help in whatever ways I can
:passitleft:

Congratulations on the harvest, Dutch! That looked like a lot of trimming work, but such a reward at the end of the day (or days). :high-five:

Man you got that 4x4 set right up. Love the pvc frame for the net, fans, accessories and then the auto watering system. Very pleasing to my ocd lol

Congratulations on the harvest, Dutch! That looked like a lot of trimming work, but such a reward at the end of the day (or days). :high-five:
Thanks Beez very rewarding indeed but a ton of work!!

Looks like a great harvest and the colours of the faded fans looks awsome
I loved the colours as well and the harvest was a bountiful one!

Man you got that 4x4 set right up. Love the pvc frame for the net, fans, accessories and then the auto watering system. Very pleasing to my ocd lol
Thanks Deecee! My ocd takes over in the grow room as well haha!

Update

What’s up everyone! Been a bit and I’m sorry but I’ve got a fun update this evening so let’s light up and blaze through this!

4x4
I cleaned and reset the tent this weekend getting it all washed, fans, filters, tent, pots, trays you name it! Looking good I moved the newly transplanted IHG girls into their new home! Floraflex setup and ready to go I’m just washing the circulators and hoses! They will be hooked up this week and set to auto feed. I’ll be stripping them right back before flower and keeping on top of them during the stretch to keep my canopy even as possible. I want to keep this canopy tight dense and full of frost!

Going to be giving them another week or so to veg and fill those pots up before putting them into flower!

Then let’s get to some bud shots and rosin!

Gorilla Glue 4

Glookies

I have yet to take photos of the purple Punch I’ve been trying to trim through everything but there’s a lot haha! Everything is jarred and slowly being manicured daily and I’ll get some PPunch photos up this week!

Then for some rosin photos! Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom