If anyone has any questions about the build let me know!

hiya Dutch. I’m planning for this build of mine agin and want to ask you about your joints ;)
I can see that you have made the top and bottom frames as just rectangles with obvious but joints, two screws at every corner. That’s clear that’s easy.

I’m not saying that you have any screws fixing these top and bottom frames to the uprights. It’s the kind of spot where you might use a pocket hole but I can’t see any evidence of such things in your pics. It looks to me like you’ve just glued it perhaps? I can’t see any screws angling in anywhere.

So that’s my question. How have you joined the top and bottom frames to the uprights that sit between them?
:thanks:

hiya Dutch. I’m planning for this build of mine agin and want to ask you about your joints ;)
I can see that you have made the top and bottom frames as just rectangles with obvious but joints, two screws at every corner. That’s clear that’s easy.

I’m not saying that you have any screws fixing these top and bottom frames to the uprights. It’s the kind of spot where you might use a pocket hole but I can’t see any evidence of such things in your pics. It looks to me like you’ve just glued it perhaps? I can’t see any screws angling in anywhere.

So that’s my question. How have you joined the top and bottom frames to the uprights that sit between them?

You talkin Kreg jigs and pocket holes? Atta girl! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb: A Kreg jig has Been at the top of my wish list for years! Until I became technically unable to use my tools and since then that list has been gathering dust along with the tools. Not supposed to drill anything anymore - and I pay if I try. Although I’m busting to get this cabinet built so if I can't find a ‘Cutter and driller’ to help me soon I’m going to order the timber precut and do it slowly myself. And deal with the consequences-which won’t all be bad! I’ll have a grow box at the end of it :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually digressions aside, I think I might have answered my own question again! Dutch will be getting used to that!

Looking again at all the pictures of the build it seems to me that the plywood is what’s joining the uprights to the top and bottom frames, and in turn providing the structural integrity all round. I can do that with no glue required. It’s the plywood that makes the join, Amy :nomo: I think I got this! Couple o’ weeks should be done.

Anyone know what happened to Dutch? I’m really loving the journals and I’m dying for an update lol. Hope all is well stay safe in these crazy times
Hey Tasty! I’m here and getting back into it!

Good question. It's been too long. Come back, Dutchie!! Love your journal! Happy Smokin'
Heya Bode! I’m back!!

I used jig sets and toenailed screws to attach the top and bottom frame pieces!

You talkin Kreg jigs and pocket holes? Atta girl! :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:
Kreg Jigs are awesome!!
a must have in cabinet building

:thumb: A Kreg jig has Been at the top of my wish list for years! Until I became technically unable to use my tools and since then that list has been gathering dust along with the tools. Not supposed to drill anything anymore - and I pay if I try. Although I’m busting to get this cabinet built so if I can't find a ‘Cutter and driller’ to help me soon I’m going to order the timber precut and do it slowly myself. And deal with the consequences-which won’t all be bad! I’ll have a grow box at the end of it :cheesygrinsmiley:

Actually digressions aside, I think I might have answered my own question again! Dutch will be getting used to that!

Looking again at all the pictures of the build it seems to me that the plywood is what’s joining the uprights to the top and bottom frames, and in turn providing the structural integrity all round. I can do that with no glue required. It’s the plywood that makes the join, Amy :nomo: I think I got this! Couple o’ weeks should be done.
You are correct to a degree! I used 3” screws on an angle to secure to top and bottom frames to the uprights and then attached plywood.

I then caulked all the interior seams using silicone for kitchen and bath to withstand extra moisture I then allowed to dry and did 3x costs of white bathroom paint also for the moisture resistance!

hope that helps!

sooooo sorry for the late replies everyone! I’ve been so busy with work and I bought a motorcycle the beginning of July so I’ve been riding the streets haha!

I hope your all well and I’ll have a garden update coming today or tomorrow!!

much love to you all!

Highya Dutchie,

Glad to see you're okay, just super busy! Looking forward to those pics. Happy Smokin'

Alrighty boys and girls!

Update time! Been a while since I went over everything so a brief catchup!

I flipped my 4x4 last Monday to flower and man these girls are exploding! Got a few clones of selected platinum punch, slurricane and GG4 Phenos which are looking awesome!

Ive heard a lot of good things about PowerSi so I asked a friend to send me one up and test it out this round! Today was their first feeding with it mixed into the res!

This is my lineup for flower that I’m running this round on an aggressive formula.

Tent looks crazy right now and I’ll be doing a really good and defoliation next weekend as we really get into the stretch.

My new toy! It has been keeping me out a lot on the roads riding and enjoying the summer but it takes awY from my garden time lol! Need to find a good balance!
(On the bike and in The garden)

Pulled out some slurricane from the cure closet and man after 3 months this girl is INSANE haha! I can’t wait for a bunch of this Pheno to be finished this round to stock up my jars again!

Got some blueberry from a friend and I couldn’t not squeeze it! Unreal terps from this squish and the Terpene veins in the cured rosin looks crazy!

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend and are ready for the week ahead!

You are one busy man, Dutch. Interesting journal you have here. Great job as usual. :thumb:

Passing through. Man Dutch I am so glad you show cased your Budget LED lights. I have got 7 now and need 2 more but I need to come up with the $ then I will buy the other two. Great lights at a good price from the BEST company I have ever dealt with and they are in Michigan so shipping is fast and they give support even after you buy the light. All around Great product and Great costumer support

You are one busy man, Dutch. Interesting journal you have here. Great job as usual. :thumb:
Thanks Homer and hope your well!

Glad it helped Amy! Sorry for the delay lol

Passing through. Man Dutch I am so glad you show cased your Budget LED lights. I have got 7 now and need 2 more but I need to come up with the $ then I will buy the other two. Great lights at a good price from the BEST company I have ever dealt with and they are in Michigan so shipping is fast and they give support even after you buy the light. All around Great product and Great costumer support
Couldn’t agree more Pc! I love my budget LEDs and they are the only lights in my garden!

Update

Yesterday was Flip Day 20 and these clones all got a good strip! Removed a ton of power foliage and growth. Even more than last round to really push these girls limits. I know they like being defoliated so I gave it to them haha! Here are some before and afters of the Tent!

ROOOOOTS

After!

Flower Power is fully engaged now and I’ve got the @Budget LED 500W GreenBeast sitting pretty at 350W currently and slowly increasing every other day!

Hope you all have an awesome Monday and week ahead!

Looking very tidy Dutchman :thumb: what size pump are you running ? I'm piecing together some Flora flex matrix system for a single plant. I don't think I'll need the octo- manifold, I have heard of problems if the pump isn't strong enough ?
I’m running a 800GPH for the feed pump and a 400GPH for mixing! Works like a charm

Back
Top Bottom