DWC - Drip Irrigation Scrog 2400W

i got a 60L per min in. 25L per min would do it though. hailea silent pumps are great.

Thanks thats what i just picked up. I was hoping for a sooner response but I guess i made the right choice lol. Its only for my bubble cloner for now though. But I may leave them in there longer and may grow them for a short period of time and q quick harvest since I have alot of plants growing now from cuttings so im just pretty much in a trial era right now.

sup boys iv always found more is better even more so in a cloner i have a 750 gph just for a cloner just to see results i wanted went threw 3 pumps before i just went all out and got a decent 1 only use 500 gph for my whole nft system just glad to see you guys doing it right the first time its the little things that get ya !! oh and great job cultivator learning heaps out of my comfort zone in this thread will be taking alot on board check out my journal :goodjob:

so after some time i have finally ironed out issues with the flood abd drain grow. Had a burst res and a control unit that wasnt flooding the system. Finally got it running. Plants dont look super for 2 and half weeks into grow but they should go crazy now. The plus side to lack of floods mean although the plants dont look great on top, they look fantastic below. Roots are enormous. I'll get some more detailed pics at weekend.

2012-12-04_17_08_47.jpg

2012-12-04_17_08_37.jpg

Just thought id ask what peoples opinions are on high defoliation. Just been involved in a debate here Trimming before flowering?. I want to know who has had benefits and who hasnt when compared to regular growing like for like. Please no guess work. This technique works well for me, my grow spaces are packed.

I find it insulting to be told it doesnt work by people who have read it in a book and maybe done a handful of grows. Some of the best growers on this forum use it with success. Im not saying it is the only way, but it does work so long as u give a steardy nutrient programme.

Just thought id ask what peoples opinions are on high defoliation. Just been involved in a debate here Trimming before flowering?. I want to know who has had benefits and who hasnt when compared to regular growing like for like. Please no guess work. This technique works well for me, my grow spaces are packed.

I find it insulting to be told it doesnt work by people who have read it in a book and maybe done a handful of grows. Some of the best growers on this forum use it with success. Im not saying it is the only way, but it does work so long as u give a steardy nutrient programme.

I just weighed in over there. I agree with you... Stiletto really can flat-out grow though, so don't go too hard on him, lol -- he's a super nice guy too and I've seen him bend over backwards to help a lot of people here.

I used to feel same way as him, but I've slowly converted to the yank 'em side of the spectrum. This is the growing version of the global warming debate, lol.

hi x

i think myself and fied got a bit upset at the way the statement was put across. Basically sounded like he was saying we full of shit..... I think people shouldnt just assume things without having the fuller picture, although i guess i too am guilty of jumping in with both feet at times. The fact is i only started the defoliation a little over a year ago, mainly on coco grows and i found the results spoke for themselves. oldman60 saying it cant be hard evidence because its not labatory conditions, ive grown enough plants to be able to intelligently know whether something is effective or not.

I can see where these guys are coming from though. When u read the text on the subject, its not supposed to work, infact it should be a bad thing! Now i not a scientist and dont have the biology understanding that some guys have but ive learnt through trial and error over more than a decade of continuous growing. And although i cant say why scientifically it works, i can say in the field it works.

The forum discussions normally dont get my back up so much as everyone is entitled to share their thoughts and also what they have experienced. This should be encouraged as thats how we improve and learn new ideas. None of us are perfect and we are always striving for perfection (at least i am). I just didnt appreciate being made to look like i imagine what im doing.............lol

hi x

i think myself and fied got a bit upset at the way the statement was put across. Basically sounded like he was saying we full of shit..... I think people shouldnt just assume things without having the fuller picture, although i guess i too am guilty of jumping in with both feet at times. The fact is i only started the defoliation a little over a year ago, mainly on coco grows and i found the results spoke for themselves. oldman60 saying it cant be hard evidence because its not labatory conditions, ive grown enough plants to be able to intelligently know whether something is effective or not.

I can see where these guys are coming from though. When u read the text on the subject, its not supposed to work, infact it should be a bad thing! Now i not a scientist and dont have the biology understanding that some guys have but ive learnt through trial and error over more than a decade of continuous growing. And although i cant say why scientifically it works, i can say in the field it works.

The forum discussions normally dont get my back up so much as everyone is entitled to share their thoughts and also what they have experienced. This should be encouraged as thats how we improve and learn new ideas. None of us are perfect and we are always striving for perfection (at least i am). I just didnt appreciate being made to look like i imagine what im doing.............lol

Yeah, he definitely came across way to stubborn and over-confident in his opinion. To his credit, sounds like he's rethinking things with a little more open mind. He really is a helpful dude and I've seen his work - he can grow. But, schools of thought are changing and theres no doubt that its a good strategy indoors for yield if done right. I do understand the "why" part a bit, but I was/am too tired and lazy to lay it all out. One thing I've noticed... If you defoliate heavy, your margin of error goes down a little as fan leaves are a bit of a mistake buffer. They take the hit when something is out of whack, so without a fair number of them it's a bit more important to be on your game, so to speak. Or so it has seemed to me so far.

Yeah i agree about the leaves being a buffer, they are the first to show any deficiencies or problems and take the brunt of the damage when things go wrong. I wouldnt recommend that a new grower starts ripping their plant to bits, just to try bits at a time to see how it works for them. But timed right and with strains i grow it definately works.

Ive also been defoliating for around a year now.I just finished defoliating my room this morning,pics are up.in my personal experience I find that it is mainly the lower nugs that benifit the most from this tecnique.they are much larger and denser than nugs that would normally be covered with serveral layers of fan leaves blocking the light.Theres is barely any popcorn or fluff at all this way.I guess it all depends on what your after.bubble hash or extract smokers want the fluffy popcorn nugs for they're headstash.but imho if your going for max sellable yield or you prefer to smoke it as nature intended it then defoliation is a nobrainer:)

Hey crackin grow matey!
im doin a grow simmarler to yours with willmas but ive drilled the base to allow roots into res!
this is the first time with pebbles and was wonderin how many floods should i start my babies with
just a rough guide will do..peace...:cool:

Hi mate ive grown in pebbles in wilmas. I would on feed 3 times per day for 10-15mins in veg max, too many feeds will slow root development. Then in flower about 21-28days in i up to 4 10min feeds per day on blue drippers.

Hi C,

Just checking in on your garden. As always, your stuff is beautiful. I enjoyed reading everyone's input in that debate. Opinions will always vary on defoliation and Stiletto was just voicing his. He seems like an intelligent guy and it takes balls to admit your own haste as he did. In my book, he's alright.

Even though I don't comment in these grow journals as much as some of the others, I still try and browse and read if I get time. Growers like You, X, etc.. always make for a good read .

I wish everyone the very best in 2013. May all your nugs be dense.

Hi C,

Just checking in on your garden. As always, your stuff is beautiful. I enjoyed reading everyone's input in that debate. Opinions will always vary on defoliation and Stiletto was just voicing his. He seems like an intelligent guy and it takes balls to admit your own haste as he did. In my book, he's alright.

Even though I don't comment in these grow journals as much as some of the others, I still try and browse and read if I get time. Growers like You, X, etc.. always make for a good read .

I wish everyone the very best in 2013. May all your nugs be dense.

Thanks mate.

Yeah I agree about stilleto. I did take offence at first but I guess he's passionate too. An open mind is all that's required. Good luck on urged new set up, I have done hempys since watching urged grow but hand feeding like 200 plants drove me nuts lol. It's definitely an effective way to grow though. I sometimes use them to fill gaps in my grows.

Hey C, have a quick question. My res keeps getting foggy. IDK from what though. Im just adding FF Grow Big and hygrozyme, B-1. Rhino Skin. I have 2 new airstones and that new air pump I got. Which works very well. I see way better root production since then. So thanks for that. :thumb: But should I change the res? I just changed it 2 days ago. Been changing it every 3 and keeping the res temp down by using ice bags.

Back
Top Bottom