DWC - Drip Irrigation Scrog 2400W

I have to pick me up some guardian.

Wiz, if it's easier to find where you are at, Dutch Master "Zone" is also a good product that works similarly. Products like Guardian and Zone can really make life easier, especially if res temps are a bit higher than ideal.

Looking great Cultivator! +rep :thumb:

Wiz, if it's easier to find where you are at, Dutch Master "Zone" is also a good product that works similarly. Products like Guardian and Zone can really make life easier, especially if res temps are a bit higher than ideal.

Looking great Cultivator! +rep :thumb:

What about in soil?

But hey C, hope everything is going fine. Ive seen you starting to catch all the help forums about hydro. Good stuff. You an X should tackle most of those since you 2 are very good at it. So all I do is recommend you 2 every time someone ask about hydro lol.

Finished the last of my defoliation today. it is now day 21 of flower period.

before hair cut

2012-12-02_11_27_08.jpg

2012-12-02_11_27_16.jpg

After hair cut

2012-12-02_11_57_57.jpg

2012-12-02_11_57_50.jpg

Trim off 1 plant

2012-12-02_11_58_07.jpg

Roots are getting very large for pot size now but i like that, they have a way to go before becoming rootbound, they are sucking up around 2-3litres of water/nute per day.

2012-12-02_11_57_38.jpg

That's crazy. I got plants in DWC, no where near that at 5 weeks. I gotta go back and look at what your feeding them. I just shafted giving em sensazyme, which I think is the same thing as Canazyme, that could be part of the problem. Mine are healthy though WAY healthier than any of the plants I had in soil. The bubba kush I had in soil was really healthy actually, but the trichome development in soil is nothing compared to what I'm getting in DWC. Way more resin, and the hydro plants I have going are clones of the plants I had in soil. Still working on dialing my system in. I have been having beat issues. It's been like 84 degrees in the flower room every since I added the 6" rhino air scrubber, and this is with one 600 HPS!! I'm looking into this really cool system called the ice box from hydro innovations. It mounts to the Hood. It cools the air and then it pumps the cold air back out into your it's perfect for a sealed room. I found them on sale $107 here in the US normally hundred and $147. With this you can vent into the same room so it sealed. And it cools the room drastically way better and more efficient than an air conditioner. Here's a link to the website Hydro Innovations: HydroGen Ice Box 6 INCH [904490] - Reflectors & Parts - Lighting Systems - Discount Specialty Farm, Greenhouse & Garden Supply Store - Horticulture Source. It's perfect for ceiling and cooling the room so that you can inject CO2 and it's Affordable. My next row is going to be dialed. I also got another 600 W dimmable ballasts and cooltube for $240. Expect to see 2 to 3 foot long colas on my next gro!! These iceboxes are bad ass.

if ur having issues with water temps try guardian, its fantastic for allowing to grow in higher temps. Its not designed for that essentially but it is a fantastic product. When people say the quality of hydro is nothing like soil and organics a have a giggle to myself. Thats just not true. It depends on what u feed ur plants and the amount and type of light they get that matters. If u can get hold of it try Greenhouse seeds A.M.S. It responds great to DWc, has huge resin production, is potent and easy to grow. Its very bushy and every stem produces decent size buds, even the very low branches. I used to trim quite alot of the lower branches off but only got thanked by lesser yields by considerable amount.

was on the frequently asked questions part of site before and a guy was like does defoliation work and so many responses were like....no the plant needs fan leaves for energy and nutrients blah blah blah, straight out of a text book. I wonder if any of those guys have even tried it. My yields are up by minimum 1/3 by heavy defoliation and quality is even better. I guess the extra light ripens buds so much more, and the extra light getting through is so much more important than the fan leaves. Im finding alot of new growers with little experience are stating their opinions as fact because they heard it elsewhere. Its great that they involve themselves and try to help those who are after advice but they shoul;d also respect and listen to the more experienced growers who have first hand experience with out arguing about why the more experienced grower is wrong. Sometimes its better to listen, and that goes to us all......

I lollipop all my plants and thin them down of a lot of the old large fan leaves. It works. And the guy who taught me this gets 3' long fat buds everytime. I don't like the word defoliate. It's more of a thinning. What I've learned from him is that, branches that are not going to produce huge buds waste energy, about 1/3 of the larger fans are blocking light and needed air circulation. This is what you get.
photo268.jpg
the plant with the big buds is only 16" tall, if I had not lollipopped and thinned out a lot of the bullshit fan leaves she would not have grown like. I got I've 6 oz off that little plant. I'm totally sold on lst, lollipop, and some thinning. Oh yea, and that was in soil. Imagine if that would have been in hydro.

Hope you don't mind the pic. Not trying to show my shit in your thread. Just wanted to support what you were saying, because its right.

I think it's funny( and I'm not knocking anyone's style of growing) but people think you can't take leaves or lollipop, these plants love it! Usually. I think lollipoping and thinning of leaves has to be done if the grower wants to maximize the plants potential. It has to be done if they want good yields. Just my 2 cents.

its not just weed that loves it though, many many fruiting plants love it, even rose bushes need it to get the very best flowers. when plants are kleft to their own devices they go mental which isnt necessarily a good think. Professional gardeners prune just about everything to get the healthiest optimal growth so why would weed be any different. Oh let me guess " i grew 2 plants in soil and they were like the best thing ever and i didnt do a thing to them" well thats great but u havent tried anything else so try these other methods, compare them and then tell me what is best :peace:

Guess im on a rant lol

It's amazing to me, I had a guy tell me this, we all know that the biggest healthiest plants in the world grow in the wild, the question is why. Obviously space is a factor, but there is so many other things and a lot of them are stress. People think stress will destroy there plants, but look at huge outdoor plants. Are they stressed? Animals, wind, bugs, all help make these plants grow this way. Think of super cropping, I was doing lst on one of my plants a month ago. I snapped a main branch in half, it was half together by a thread. I taped it together and now that branch had the fattest buds on the plant. It's unnatural for a cannabis plant to grow and have all of its leaves, birds break them some bite them off, but yet these outdoor plants still grow huge. I think we need to simulate this indoors. That's what the guy told me. He said the secret is not babying them. They need stress, they need a heat wave every now and then, winds, and or drought, or broken removed leaves, these stresses if constant will destroy our plants and screw up yields, but occasionally like it happens in nature will make the plants grow more like they would out in the wild. What would really happen in nature? Babying our plants makes them weak. Try to simulate nature, because this is where the biggest, most potent plants in the world grow. THEY NEED THESE STRESSES. it makes them stronger.

Simulation of our mother nature is the key to growing healthy plants. Keep stress minor and give them what they need to recover and it helps the plants fo sho!

Those are some serious roots. I finally started out with DWC but only wih cloning so far and it works out fine just the way you said it would. So I may start having 3-4 DWC buckets to start off with. The rest ill continue in soil. I may use FF for hydro since I already have Grow Big and I don't want to waste it dice I dot use it in soil. I'm sticking with AN additives though.

Back
Top Bottom