HydroLife - DWC - Blueberry Cheesecake - CFL - Grow

yes because these are from clones not seed so I do need to wait until I can see some roots from the rockwool come through before I remove the dome off the propagator and install them. If there is not enough root on the clones the dome will need to stay on until there is enough to remove it and install them into the bubblers. I hope tomorrow. fingers crossed.
You might have some luck with your problem if you start using a dripper with your seedlings. I don't think they could reach the solution in time which might be why they didn't make it. I could be wrong though as I'm new with hydroponics also and still learning everyday.

Ok, I see.
As I remember one didn't even germinate on me ;( Another one was born weak, and had a curve in rockwool, it looked like letter L the lower part of the letter was in rockwool and the stick was trying to grow, but you I instantly noticed that the plant is stunned, I took a look into my rockwool, and it was that L shape in rockwool, seedling couldnt stand by its own, so i tried to straighten its stem, and next morning I've found a dead body in my GR. Same thing is happening with this one, the little one. I'm thinking that maybe I've put my seeds not in proper way into the rockwool, that caused little stem to bend and shape to an L.
I wish the best roots for your clones;]

Usually stretch and bends means its not getting enough of the light it needs. But also you said one was born weak and didn't make it so another thing I would say to look out for is the seeds your using. Make sure your using good quality seeds from a good bank. We invest so much of time into growing these wonderful plants so we should always make sure we are using good seeds/strains. You can germinate and plant them separately so you can be 100% sure its germinated without disturbing it.
My main concern for yours atm though would definitely be your untreated water. I would put that at the top of the priorities list. From what Iv read on hydroponics using untreated hard water can be vary bad. Are you using nutes specifically for hydro and hard water?

edit.

or you could have just planted it side-ways :high-five:

Yeah probably I've planted it sideways, cause im such a noobie at this :) I thought the seed will orientate herself to light or something, so putting a seed into rockwool with no attention to how seeds is placed.Lesson is learned ;) Btw, i just managed to ph-down my water to 6.1, gonna check after hour if its not 7.5 again :D
I'm using seeds from my friend, I think those came from hermaphroditis plant. If i could send myself seed it would be great but I can't, cause of laws. Well I'm more afraid to get caught. And other thing is that I was out of time, I've planted me ladies as fast as possible to make myself some RSO out of it, so I can controll my cancer. Maybe for the next grow I'm going to get seeds from Banks, and not something mystical :D
Cheers man! Thank you for your input ;)
Ok, enough about my grow in your journal :)
I'm waiting for the new pictures of your ladies already planted in pots ;)

Well your not wrong my friend. The seed do know which way it is pointing and grows upright no matter which direction its planted but we plant them root facing down to help them out a bit and to get them sprouted quicker than say an upside down seed which would have to first turn around before sprouting.
I should have updated my first post about ph because I started with using ph 6.0 but about half way through 1st months veg and as I learned more about this method I came to understand that for hydroponics a ph value of 5.5 - 5.9 is the best we can give our plants. The plants can apparently take in much more nutes at this value.
So sorry to hear about your cancer. Iv been following along with many of the reports from RSO users and I hope you get the same results fast.

Will upload you some more pictures tomorrow because I will be there to check the roots tomorrow too.

Update time. Big one is in week 7 now but it doesn't really matter for this one I suppose.

I was sad to find after 7 days the clones have not rooted yet. I removed the dome had a smoke and a cuppa then when I came to check their progress they where all having sad faces and droopy leaves so gave them good spraying and put the lid back on. I hope they dont deform too much from that. Will check again on those in 3 more days to a week.

4 days ago I topped the big one so it will get more stems just in case those clones didn't take. Good job I did that, in another few days there will be another set of 8 available stems I can use if these dont grow root soon.

Some pics :volcano-smiley:
20160303_115548.jpg

20160303_103822.jpg

20160303_103831.jpg

20160303_103842.jpg

Yeah I think your right. I looked around and all I could find was a box and some sandwich wrap so made a bigger propagator for them (poor-man style).

20160304_113307.jpg

ok so Iv managed to root 2 out of 8 so far. It's been about 10 days since snip. Iv also discovered what my problem was, I hope this helps others. After reading many information on cloning I believe my mistakes here where;
- Air bubbles in some the bigger stems causing rot instead of roots
- Over saturated rockwool blocks.
- Also I didn't fill in the gap where the stem meets the rockwool after poking it in so think the light got at it.

I have resolved all those problems now and re-done the survivors. Out of the 6 remaining clones I believe rot has gone to far on 2 of them. The ofset on the timing of the rooted to unrooted clones has totally messed up my schedule. I wanted 8 simultaneous plants for a scrog so unless the rest of those clones hurry up I might be stuck with having to start the cloning process from scratch on all 8 due to my earlier mistakes. :lot-o-toke:

Well at least you know what's wrong with your plants :) Yeah, oversaturation is big problem, well not big. I didnt see roots (of a seed) untill i have stopped watering the rockwool from top, and placed water below rockwool and a net pot, and it took 2 days for the roots to show up :)

My 3 girls are growing at completely different rates, and I will introduce them with a mystery seed which is germinating right now, and youngest to oldest gap will be 4 weeks, thats a huge gap. But I think I will manage to get all of them into flower at the same time, cause my girls is living thru stress and I feel bad for them ;(

Hello Everyone I'm back and apologies for the long update. I had some problems with my home I needed to get fixed asap and a lot of other things going on too.
So it would seem that im a terrible at taking clones without soil and have really not had much luck at all. Iv decided to purchase an ez clone airoponic propagator to ease my pain with taking clones. For the time being I have made my own "home-made" version to keep em going as long as possible until new ez propagator arrives.

From the clones in my previous updates I have successfully rooted 4 so far, Unfortunately at different intervals though. The strongest (to the right and already topped) is doing great along with the one behind it (un-topped just yet, need one more fresh node) but the two at the left are in shock still and just coming out from shock and still have some work to catch up to her sisters :)
20160325_153113.jpg

close up of champion XD
20160325_153130.jpg

The rest I am keeping on what i like call "life support" ;) in my home-made airoponic prop. some have baby roots others none still. Just waiting on ez cloner. Here's a pic of my home made one.
20160325_153208.jpg

And about the main one, the mother from all the clones. I decided to turn into soil clones as iv never had issues doing it that way. Im only doing that just in case so I have a backup at least of the strain, Or maybe we can do a soil - hydro side to side grow. I haven't decided yet I will need more room for sure.
20160325_153202.jpg

I made a homemade cloner that works pretty good. ($5) I bought a plastic shoe box, glued and air stone to the bottom. Taped up the bottom of the clear shoe box. Drilled about 10 small holes into the lid. Stick the cutting straight into the water. The key i found to cloning success was to make sure the water didn't get to cold. I bought a heating mat to solve that problem and I get clones after about 10 to 14 days.

IMG_0738_1_1.JPG
IMG_0743_1_1.JPG

Hey Hydro! It's nice to have you back with a really nice update. Im willing to try and clone something, but I dont have strong will to do it this grow :) Anyway, your babies look good and charming :) Im noticing your plants are slightly greener than mines. I have read somewhere that light green leafs indicate of lower nute counts. Maybe I'm wrong and its just a strain color :)

Btw, this is how I imagine my veg/clone tent in the future.
570000001.JPG

Love it midasone :) yeah i think temps may have had a part to play in my first attempts too. I think i might have a look about tomorrow and see if I can build one like yours.

Hi LiquidBud good to be back on and thanks. I was looking at upgrading my room with another tent to veg and clone in too. I like those half size ones maybe with some T5s. I'm not sure we are having any discoloration issues (apart from the leaf tips which I caused myself). Every plant I have grown has been roughly this color green I just thought its its color. Im growing Blueberry Cheesecake.

I realised, that running my system in veg costs me much more than it possibly could, If I had this tent with T5's inside it would save me 50%. Plus I could run veg and flower in the same time. I will see what I could think of on my next grow :)

So we got another one ready and planted today that's 5 rooted and planted so far now. I sure do hope another 4 hurry with rooting. I don't want there to be too much gap between them all.

If I didn't mention this is my first attempt at cloning with airoponics. I did make one just like yours today midasone and cancelled the ez cloner order. I got a question for ya bud. How do you take your clones out of the lid after roots have grown lol do you just cut the lids up? That's what I had to do. Also how do you actually plant them into the net pots without the use of rockwool? I attempted my best here's a pic to show you what i mean. Left one is the one I just done today with no rockwool it was cloned in the bubbles instead.
I had to hold it and kind of carefully sprinkle the clay pebbles around the roots. There must be an easier way than that, I think I snapped a couple as well doing that.

20160326_191430.jpg

Click for Bigger

I saw a post yesterday, but can't find it now. Basically what people did there, was cut out the bottom of the net pot ( Clone pots ). That cut of the bottom makes easier to remove clone with rockwool/clone cap out of the net pot without breaking the roots :) I hope you can understand this :) and im hoping Im understanding the situation completely ;)

Thanks for your input LiquidBud but yeah I dont think you quite understood my conundrum correctly. I dont clone with net pots. with airoponic cloning you dont use rockwool or net pots.
Im talking about home made propagator. what the easiest method folks use to remove their clones after the roots have grown in. i cant imagine that everyone is cutting up there lids all the time to get their clones free. There must be a trick to it im missing. :(

Smoking on 2 pheno types of Blue Berry Cheese Cake right now not bad stuff. Got my eyes Blue King (blueberryxpink kush) by Jordan of the Islands. I am also looking at FOTINI (Purple Kush X Congo OG) both stocked by buzzkingseeds. Also thinking of some shoreline or Dr. Atomic seeds for next time.

Back
Top Bottom