DWC problem - Why do my plants look like this

Unfortunately They look like root rot me. Id start over. Buy rapid rooters and hydroton. Keep water level below cup. Sorry Man.

I'm not sure if the lights are hitting the roots. But here is a photo of the system I'm using. And the hole I'm not using, I have them covered. So if any light were to get to the roots it would be from the top of the plants
IMG_20171108_172412.jpg

The lower photo is too dark to tell much. The roots look OK in the top photo except for they're green at the top(!?) Do you have light hitting your roots?

All the usual useful information would help (age, nutrients, light, reservoir info, etc.).

I hope you're right. I see brown slime. But like you said the pics are dark.

Definitely not the worst I've seen but they don't have a healthy white look to them. You said you haven't used any nutrients correct?

Rite. They do have a little browning. I put a drop of floro micro and floro grow. Then someone told me that I shouldn't give them any nutrients until they reach 2-3 inches. So I dumped all of that water out the next day and only put fresh water in

Rite. They do have a little browning. I put a drop of floro micro and floro grow. Then someone told me that I shouldn't give them any nutrients until they reach 2-3 inches. So I dumped all of that water out the next day and only put fresh water in
They gave you bad advice. They need nutrients at soon as roots hit the water. About 400 ppm is good.
Did you ph the water to 5.9 or so?
. Here's a chart I refer to for nutes. It's for one gallon of water. Week one, two and three.
420-magazine-mobile986133260.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1392795150.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1670304274.jpg

You may want to just start over with a rough start. Get some rapidrooters and hydroton. I just have a feeling with the peat pot your using it will only lead to more problems. It still looks soaked in the air pot.

My advice came from the makers of the box. They say suck to their method only. Which is kinda strange. But my pH is around 6.0. So now that they are 16 days old, how do I start the nutrients. I'm assuming week one on the chart correct

Sad to say but I agree with you. This is the second time this has happened to me. I got more seeds and I'm about to order the hydroton and the rapid rooters.

My advice came from the makers of the box. They say suck to their method only. Which is kinda strange. But my pH is around 6.0. So now that they are 16 days old, how do I start the nutrients. I'm assuming week one on the chart correct

You can start with week one. That's per gallon. So if you have four gallons you want 4x the amount. You should check ppm with a meter. I always start low on ppm and raise a little everyday to see how the plants respond.

Do you have flora gro and micro only? No bloom? The Lucas grow method uses only those two. I used that method last grow.

Back
Top Bottom