DWC problem - Why do my plants look like this

yes they work well for DWC...most nutes are pretty much the same but it's how you use them. I can recommend some other nutes to try as well but use the GH up first, that stiuff will work great. You should also get some silica, cal/mag, a beneficial bacteria or enzyme product for the roots, and some humic/fulvic acid.

Is this enough for about 3 gal???
IMG_20171211_202917.jpg

An inch away sounds ok...how much bubbling is going on? Can you take the top off your res and show me the bubble action? If a lot of bubbling try lower the water line another few inches.

But if your not giving them any nutes and the roots are that developed I think it's a starvation issue. See chart below, this is a custom schedule for cannabis.

IMG_424412.JPG

And if you are going to skimp out on all of the additives I told you to get, do not skimp on silica, trust me, especially during veg phase. I usually stop using silica after week 3 of flower phase when the stretch is over...so you mainly use it when the plant is growing. Oh, and the cal/mag isn't optional, don't skimp on that.

They will cost approx $20 each for quart bottles and will last a long time. Those nutes you have contain calcium and magnesium already, so you only need to add small doses of extra cal/mag if any, but cannabis loves cal and mag, especially mag during flower. I always add 1ml per gallon everytime I mix a new reservoir...and I add a little epsom salt for added magnesium during bloom phase as well. Try and get a cal/mag product with as low a nitrogen level as possible, so you can use it during flower phase.

Honestly, you need a bigger air pump for a res that size. For my 2 flowering plants I have each plant in a 25L res with two airstone in each res being pushed by a ecoplus commercial 1030gph. Each res is getting at least 400gph of air. For my veg plants I use a 793gph air pump. No diss, but the cheap aquarium pumps just don't cut it. You want the air stone to churn your water, not just blow bubbles in it...that way the nutes will keep nicely mixed up as well as oxygenating the water. Take a look at the pic of the cloner I use, the one with the top off so you can see the res, see how much action that water is getting...that's what you want. Some serious turbulence in your res!

Back
Top Bottom