DWC root rot?

Color isn't as important as slime. If they're slimy, that's bad. The roots will turn brown from The nutes does the res stink??

I don't understand what you've typed... my english isn't good as french ! what do you mean by slimy ?

what is from the nutes ?

no the res do not stink.

Nope short compact plants means they are happy. Good signs. Just be patient. Roots need to establish themselves before the plant takes off.

And yes more plant size is directly proportional to the res size. However a 3 gallon hydro run will yield far more than a 3 gallon soil run. 5 gallon is optimal. 3 works. But 12 to 20 gallon totes are best for growing monsters

I got 5 gal.

12 inches from the top of the plant it is a good distance for light ? I have marshdro 600w led

I don't understand what you've typed... my english isn't good as french ! what do you mean by slimy ?

what is from the nutes ?

no the res do not stink.
The brown roots are from the nutrients.

Slime is a difficult word to translate. The roots develop a slippery stinky outter layer that doesn't allow for proper absorption of the needed nutrients.

Slimy... hmmm

I got 5 gal.

12 inches from the top of the plant it is a good distance for light ? I have marshdro 600w led
18 inches vegitation and 14 for flower

There is a pic of today, day 2 of flowering.

the rez do not smell and the roots got a little bit of algea from the begining... seems oK ?

20180108_180327.jpg
20180108_180320.jpg
20180108_180311.jpg

even in the tubes?

i covered the net top with dark paper...
Yes! Light will travel down through them tubes and into your bucket. The holes for your air stone tubes are too big and there's light leaking in through the gaps. All your algae is located in or around the area where them 4 holes are allowing light through. Cover with tape of some sort and you should be fine. Also FLYING SKULL Z7, is all you need for healthy roots in DWC.

Yes! Light will travel down through them tubes and into your bucket. The holes for your air stone tubes are too big and there's light leaking in through the gaps. All your algae is located in or around the area where them 4 holes are allowing light through. Cover with tape of some sort and you should be fine. Also FLYING SKULL Z7, is all you need for healthy roots in DWC.

I cannot get FLYING SKULL Z7 into Canada, some people suggested HydroGuard

So the light can come in from the little holes for the tubing.. so why I have algea all around the root's beginning ? it is because of the water around ?

And do I have the leave a gap of air under the net pot and the top of the water ? Or I can put the water flush to the net pot?

I cannot get FLYING SKULL Z7 into Canada, some people suggested HydroGuard
Here in Ireland we have a Post Office service that gives us an address in the UK and United States to which we can get items delivered to, (if they don't already deliver to Ireland). They will then take it from there to my front door.. Check to see if Canada has such a service available. Worked out very cheap for me in the end. I hope it all works out bro .

So the light can come in from the little holes for the tubing.. so why I have algea all around the root's beginning ? it is because of the water around ?

And do I have the leave a gap of air under the net pot and the top of the water ? Or I can put the water flush to the net pot?
Yeah bud the light will leak in through the clear tubing and the holes around it. I'd recommend gettin some black airline for your setup and cover up them gaps with tape of some sort. Leave about 75-100mm between the bottom of the pot and the top of the water. Allows the roots the breathe better. When your plants are monsters you can let the water up to the net pot and it will drink them 3-4 inches overnight. I hope this helps for you my man .

Back
Top Bottom