Dwc

Which strain next?

• Total voters
Re: SouthernWeed Swims Again.DWC/H&G Nutrients

I was lazy this AM, cruising around the forums, posting in other peoples threads, something I don't get to do alot of anymore due to a rather busy schedule, and decided, it's Sunday morning, I'll get around to updating my own later. Went back there a few minutes ago to find my exhaust fan dead and temps at 92...D'oh! So up in the crawlspace I went and swapped out a fan. Temps have restabilized at 74.

Ok, well where to start. This is as good a place as any...God Almighty! You know, it's not like I've never used a PK13-14 before, and I've always believed they were well worth the additional expense, but the Top Booster is something to see.

I was talking to my supplier a couple days ago and he said I'd see unbelievably quick results. Now Beau is as honest as the day is long and has never uttered a word to me I've ever found to be wrong or misguided, but I've heard that before, you know? Well, if anything, he may have undersold the performance, realizing that he was at the very limit of believability when dealing with someone who had never used Top Booster.

I could ramble on about this, but I tried to get three pretty good bud shots of Legs just to kind of let you all see the difference... in the third pic you can see the trich formation beginning.

100_2266.jpg

100_2267.jpg

100_22681.jpg

I expect the leaves will uncurl over the course of the day now that the temps have gotten right again.

I'm really pleased with what I'm seeing, and the Shooting Powders are yet to come.

Y'all have a great day.

I hear ya, hope it does what he claims. It sounds like he's a reliable source for info.

I hear ya, hope it does what he claims. It sounds like he's a reliable source for info.

I''m going to call him when he opens the AM to get a price on that TB for you, it came to me without a price tag on my bottle, and while I'm positive I know te actual price, I want to double check myself.

Beau has been a game changer for me. Part of that is we're on the same wavelength as growers, part is just, at least from my point, a genuine like for the guy. He's never to busy to take the time and spitball ideas around, in fact he seems to love it as much as me, and when it comes to customer service, he's head and shoulders over anyone I ever dealt with.

Several weeks ago, he told me when I got to this point, the word that would jump into my head was "wow" and damn if he wasn't right. You know the gardening shops suffer from the same problem as forum boards...alot of people think they know alot more than they do, so meeting one who does know what thy're talking about is refreshing.

I'll call him in a bit and PM you with a price...just want to make sure I get it right.

First thing's first. I wanted to post prices from my supplier for the Top Booster. Mine came with the price tag missing and I did some bad math in my head and thought I knew the cost...and I was wrong. Not to pricey at all.

500ml 19.95+tax&shipping
1ltr 31.95+tax&shipping

Anyone interested in the H&G line who wants to talk to me or my supplier, just send me a PM and I'll help however I can.

So with that take care of it's on to updating. At this point Legs cola is as big around as a beer can and it's solid as a rock. Secondary budding is going completely crazy all over the plant. I believe I'll easily exceed my 2 oz per plant target at this point.

The Runt is a slightly different story, she's behind Legs by about a week it would appear, but her structure and early bud site development are more advanced than Legs at the same point.

Over the last 4 or 5 days, the water/nute uptake has slowed by about 30%. I'm in no way concerned about it, as the ratio of water/nute uptake has remained the same...just think that with the addition of Bud XL last week, the plant is moving food/sugars from the leaves, and have pulled a little less out of the res.

Frankly, I'm really at a loss to express how impressed I am with the results I'm seeing for the first time out with these nutes, and am looking forward to the next grow with Violator Kush where I put to use all I've learned on a plant that is a glutton for nutes...it's going to be great.

That's the show for the day folks.

Y'all have a great day.

I'm running out of adjectives do describe rapid flower development. Legs has completely closed up all branches and now she has 4 week to swell. The Runt, while obviously a few days behind, will end up being the big yielder. She hasn't completely closed up her branches yet, but I'd be very surprised if she wasn't closed up by tomorrow or Thursday.

At this point I should confess, that while I was looking forward to adding the Top Booster, I was a little concerned with using it. While it is, in effect, a PK13-14, it works on a different level...it actually kills off leaves and redirects nutrient flow to flower sites, this is why it's only used for 1 week and the timing of the use is critical, as you don't want the leaves to die off to soon.

Yesterday, I posted that water/nutrient uptake has slowed by 30% or so. I topped off the buckets last night and when I checked this morning, it appears that they have begun taking up at the ridonkulous rate they were last week. I'm going to talk to Beau later today to ask about the interactions between the Top Booster and Bud XL. Fascinating stuff.

So we're definitely into the good stuff now. I'm going to be keeping a very close eye on the leaves. With Bud XL transferring sugars/nutrients from the leaves, and the Top Booster making the plant believe it only has 4 weeks to live, it ought to be interesting to see how long it takes to start dropping leaves from the plant.

I grabbed a few pics...they're in no particular order.

100_2272.jpg

100_2278.jpg

100_2280.jpg

100_2281.jpg

100_22821.jpg

100_22831.jpg

100_22841.jpg

100_22851.jpg

I've procured a price sheet for the complete H&G line, in all bottle sizes and compositions so I'll be able to authoritatively tell prices without fear of being wrong.

Y'all have a great day.

looking great bro ;)

Those are some happy ladies bro!!!!! :bravo:

Thanks guys, they are some healthy, happy girls...I just hate the leaf/calyx ratio. Trimming a shitload of leaves is fun the first time...after that it's just a sticky, time consuming mess. I wish y'all could see what I can, you're literally getting the tip of the iceberg. Guess the story will really be told when I trim them all up and the buds will be there for all to see.

Thats funny, I was just going to say "have fun trimming them", but you beat me to it. Hopefully, the leaves will be nice and frosty so you can make some nice hash or edibles or something. Their looking great though, nice and healthy. Peace

Thats funny, I was just going to say "have fun trimming them", but you beat me to it. Hopefully, the leaves will be nice and frosty so you can make some nice hash or edibles or something. Their looking great though, nice and healthy. Peace

I'm hoping for a load of sticky, trich covered leaves just for the hash bag...gotta use what you got.

Do you use the bubble bags, or another method?

I have been making gumby hash or dry screened just to get my feet wet, but a few weeks back I purchased an 8 bag, 5 gallon set of bubble bags. I plan to keep all the trim from both LA Women, as well as all the underdeveloped popcorn bud, and setting it aside until the next grow of Violator Kush is done. I'll add all the trim from those plants to the LA plants and should have a good, productive run.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All continues to go super nice. Legs appears to have decides to be one large bud, beginning about 3 inches up the stalk. The simple truth of the matter is I don't even know how much bud is there, it's to dense to move, and that girls has 3.5 weeks or so to go yet....gigity!

Not to leave out the Runt, she's just evolving in a different way, she's grown taller, which makes her name a bit of a joke, and is displaying more of the LA in her than the Martian Mean Green. She'll most likely end up being the big yielder of the two...of course the other day I was sure of that fact, but Legs is swelling so fast it makes you stop and think.

Both plants continue to inhale the nutes, I'm running PPMs around 1800 and finally, on the tips of one leaf, there were the slightest hints of burn. I just kept easing the PPM up daily until I found the hot spot.

Not much else to say right now. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Y'all have a great day.

how you like'n the LA Women? Think she'll be worth keeping around or naw?

The real story on the strain will be told once we get some dried and smoked. My impressions is that it's sort of a niche strain. Shorter than some autoflwers I've grown, but packed tight with buds, it seems to be a perfect SoG strain. I can't really say one way or the other at this point if I'll grow it again, they were freebies that I had very little interest in. That's how they ended up going in this grow...to be the crash test dummies for a new nutrient regime, but I keep an open mind. You never know when you'll find one you love.

i think that would be perfect in a flood table....I have a mother just for that

Back
Top Bottom