Dwc

Which strain next?

• Total voters
Re: SouthernWeed Swims Again.DWC/H&G Nutrients

Southern....your babies are looking good, really good. I am waiting for our plants to start getting the clumps of pistils at the terminal bud sites like your girls have. Well done.

Southern....your babies are looking good, really good. I am waiting for our plants to start getting the clumps of pistils at the terminal bud sites like your girls have. Well done.

Thanks Brother. Once those tops get good and hairy, the bud formation does dramatically speed up. Your plants are coming along quite nicely, I'm sure you'll end up with some high quality bud yourself.

Thanks Brother. Once those tops get good and hairy, the bud formation does dramatically speed up. Your plants are coming along quite nicely, I'm sure you'll end up with some high quality bud yourself.

I'm at about the same stage with my remaining thai haze x skunk. She's damn lanky too.:thumb::peace:

Well, it's kind of the same old story...plants are hungry, thirsty and busy. Just topped them off and looked them over and honestly I couldn't be happier. Legs is all hair and budsites...just hard to see into them, which means a bit more trimming may be in order. The Runt is starting to catch up with the bud site formation. On the subject of trimming leaves, I feel downright stupid this morning when I got around to reading the following...copied directly from a Trusted Sponsor site...

DNA LA Woman Feminized stays short, and if you feed her heavily, the buds pack on the weight early and finish in the best part of 9 weeks.
Don't be afraid to thin the large fan leaves in the 5th week or so.
This will allow the light to penetrate the canopy and reach the lower sites and will be replaced within a week.
Look for your flavour, if it is LA you're after, or Martian? Or maybe it's a little of both, you make the call with this one.

Lesson here is to do your due diligence and you won't agonize over decisions that are clearly answered by the breeder.

Anyhow, hope y'all liked the late day pic update yesterday...I'll get some better pics when I swap out the buckets on Saturday or Sunday.

Y'all have a great day.

I'm all aboard for this DWC train ride. Man both of them are looking good enough to eat but I'm no billy goat. Does your H&G nutes have a nute schedule for you to follow?

Yes they do. from here...Premium Quality Dutch Plant Nutrients & Stimulants - House & Garden...click the Products tab...then the Nutrient Calculator. I've moved from normal to aggressive feed schedules, so it will tell you exactly what I'm using.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys no real update today...kind of tied up with business and some other odds and ends. I'll try to get an update in later today...but it'll most likely be tomorrow...

Y'all have a great day.

Week 7 Nutrient list

Aqua Flakes A 56ml
Aqua Flakes B 56ml
Bud XL 15.2ml
Top Booster 22.8ml
Drip Clean 1.6ml

Sorry for the slow and short updates this week, it's been a personally trying week, but it's behind me now and these plants are a sure ticket to being cheered up.

Swapped out the buckets about 20 minutes ago and am now running the PPM at a scalding 1750. I'm pushing just as hard as I can, trying to find the upper limit for this particular strain.

This week sees the addition of Top Booster, essentially a PK13-14 blend, to really kick off the flowering...of course there seems to be no lack of flowering to begin with. The Bud XL seems to have prepped them pretty well for this growth stage.

I had to remove a ton more leaves from both plants, they're growing them back faster than I can cut them off. The heavy canopy really does a number on the sugar leaves, leaving them wilted and droopy.

I did notice, on both plants, but more so on Legs, that trich production has begun. That was the deciding factor in the trim. The leaf/calyx ratio on this strain isn't so great, but lots of sugar leaves means more hash, so I'm trying to create an optimal environment for that to happen.

How about a few pics...?

Legs

100_2255.jpg

100_22561.jpg

100_2258.jpg

100_2259.jpg

You can see in a couple of the pics the wilted secondary leaves...I fully expect them to be standing tall at the end of the day...they did after the last trim.

The Runt

100_2260.jpg

100_2261.jpg

100_2262.jpg

100_2263.jpg

100_22651.jpg

The Runt is 5-6 days or so behind Legs, but has the look of a plant that is ready to surge past her sister...we'll see.

We're into the fun stuff now.

Y'all have a great day.

I can see why they recommend trimming some fan leaves - that is a seriously compact plant to carry all that green. Those bud crowns look outstanding.

Wow, definatly lots of leaves. Tough to get good light penetration. looking good though, good color

I can see why they recommend trimming some fan leaves - that is a seriously compact plant to carry all that green. Those bud crowns look outstanding.

Looking great brother grower.....that LA woman has tons of leaves! I see why they say to take some off....wow talk about bushy....:welldone:

Guys, it's next to unbelievable. I took off a huge amount in two stages on both plants and an equal if not slighty greater amount this morning. I've always been a proponent of removing some fan leaves, but it's late in flower, last couple weeks, when I'm doing that.

Wow, definatly lots of leaves. Tough to get good light penetration. looking good though, good color

That's the point of getting the leaves out of the way, to let in the light. It had a huge impact after the first go round, and I have no reason to believe it won't do it again.

That's the point of getting the leaves out of the way, to let in the light. It had a huge impact after the first go round, and I have no reason to believe it won't do it again.
G'day mate,
It's also better for minimising mould and critters. When they're so bushy you gotta be dilligent when it comes to bugs and mould.:thumb::peace:

Got to go with what works best for each plant, some like a trim some don't I guess? Lookin good though!

Just a quick update...the leaves are already resuming their natural position. Amazing what happens when you give a plant some light.

Just a quick update...the leaves are already resuming their natural position. Amazing what happens when you give a plant some light.

What do you think of the idea of starting this strain on 14/10 and going 12/12 a week of two later, or just going 12/12 right from seed?

Spindly and lanky do not seem to be likely traits for this strain grown in such a manner.

Back
Top Bottom