Ever seen a strain do this?

Glookies1

This is a pic of a growing tip from Glookies by Barney’s farm. It’s my third run from seed, and I’m finally down to all the best pheno in one grow.

This strain is incredibly bushy. If you can see it in the photo, you’ll notice that literally every node tries to become a side branch.

When you flip it to flower, it stretches out almost as much as it stretches up. Lol

Anyone seen a strain do this?

Attachments

• 15C46DBA-E5B1-45E2-B5B8-79885399DBEA.jpeg
    15C46DBA-E5B1-45E2-B5B8-79885399DBEA.jpeg
    659.4 KB · Views: 161
I was given some homeless Pineapple Express's a while back, been cloning them since...they are super bushy and short nodes like that too. They stack awesome! Congrats on finding the keeper! CHeers! :yahoo:

I was given some homeless Pineapple Express's a while back, been cloning them since...they are super bushy and short nodes like that too. They stack awesome! Congrats on finding the keeper! CHeers! :yahoo:

Seems like it’s usually 3 grows to find a keeper from seed. Identifying the keeper isn’t what takes the time, it’s staying within plant count where I live.

We get 12 plants. Pop 4 seeds and that’s only 2 clones per pheno. I flower 4 per cycle, so it takes a couple cycles to get all 4 being the best pheno.

Seems like it’s usually 3 grows to find a keeper from seed. Identifying the keeper isn’t what takes the time, it’s staying within plant count where I live.

We get 12 plants. Pop 4 seeds and that’s only 2 clones per pheno. I flower 4 per cycle, so it takes a couple cycles to get all 4 being the best pheno.
Just curious @Glookies1, I don't know where you are but does your jurisdiction have some sort of weed police that goes around counting how many plants folks have? If yes, can they come in your house (or do you grow outdoors)?

Just curious @Glookies1, I don't know where you are but does your jurisdiction have some sort of weed police that goes around counting how many plants folks have? If yes, can they come in your house (or do you grow outdoors)?

Im in Michigan. We’re a legal state.
Anyone over 18 can have 12 plants.

I grow indoors, outdoor growing is permitted, so long as the plants are “secure” generally meaning fenced in.

No weed police. They won’t even respond to “smell” complaints, though I use plenty if carbon filtration just to not “advertise”

Now, if you’re an idiot and try to get caught, they will still arrest ya. Especially on the selling side. But to get charged for growing, you gotta be way abusing the law.

Im in Michigan. We’re a legal state.
Anyone over 18 can have 12 plants.

I grow indoors, outdoor growing is permitted, so long as the plants are “secure” generally meaning fenced in.

No weed police. They won’t even respond to “smell” complaints, though I use plenty if carbon filtration just to not “advertise”

Now, if you’re an idiot and try to get caught, they will still arrest ya. Especially on the selling side. But to get charged for growing, you gotta be way abusing the law.
Cool. I often wonder how jurisdictions with limits on the number you can grow enforce those limits. I'm in DC where its legal to "Cultivate within their residence up to six marijuana plants, no more than three of which are mature." But our law also says that its legal for a person who is 21 years of age to "Possess two ounces or less of marijuana." There is a problem with that because if I take down 3 plants, I'm going to have more than 2 ounces. And at what point is a plant mature as opposed to, what, immature? I can hear me telling the inspector, "That fourth one might look mature but believe me, she's not. She's still a loose cannon with no sense of responsibility." :Rasta:

Cool. I often word how jurisdictions with limits on the number you can grow enforce those limits. I'm in DC where its legal to "Cultivate within their residence up to six marijuana plants, no more than three of which are mature." But our law also says that its legal for a person who is 21 years of age to "Possess two ounces or less of marijuana." There is a problem with that because if I take down 3 plants, I'm going to have more than 2 ounces. And at what point is a plant mature as opposed to, what, immature? I can hear me telling the
inspector, "That fourth one might look mature but believe me, she's not. She's still a loose cannon with no sense of responsibility." :Rasta:

Yeah, we have similar issues with dry quantities. 2.5 oz is the limit, so you’re a criminal every time you harvest.

But again, no ones busting down our doors to check either.

I’d consider a mature plant one with flowers.

Anyone seen a strain do this?
This is a homemade LowRyder#2 auto x Northern Lights/Afghani that I've got going right now- they don't all grow like this,but I really like it when they do- nothin but budsites....This one is starting to flower right now,outdoors in Cali- not sure why it's flowering,unless momma being an auto has something to do with it...
1582402222276.jpeg

This is a homemade LowRyder#2 auto x Northern Lights/Afghani that I've got going right now- they don't all grow like this,but I really like it when they do- nothin but budsites....This one is starting to flower right now,outdoors in Cali- not sure why it's flowering,unless momma being an auto has something to do with it...
1582402222276.jpeg
That’s beautiful. Outdoors it’ll get enough light. Indoors, mine gets so thick light penetration is a problem

I’m growing Glookies as well. Tomorrow will be start of week 8/day 50. I also gotta say they are one hell of a bushy plant. I’m Quadlining mine and just did some limb cleanup a few days ago and she just went completely bushy again on me. How much of a stretch should I expect when I transition to flowering? Going to veg them for 2 more weeks in hopes of some upwards growth since I have finished my training portion for them. Can’t wait to try her outside where I could get 2-3k grams off of her.

From this past Monday
922911F0-6B6A-4F84-A4D5-621485B70E19.jpeg

To this today
5B46EFD2-02AF-4180-8906-40833E5B19B5.jpeg

I’m growing Glookies as well. Tomorrow will be start of week 8/day 50. I also gotta say they are one hell of a bushy plant. I’m Quadlining mine and just did some limb cleanup a few days ago and she just went completely bushy again on me. How much of a stretch should I expect when I

transition to flowering? Going to veg them for 2 more weeks in hopes of some upwards growth since I have finished my training portion for them. Can’t wait to try her outside where I could get 2-3k grams off of her.

From this past Monday

To this today

The indica dominate pheno which is most common (I had 4 out of 5 seeds be indica dominate) Don’t stretch up a ton at all. They they kinda stretch sideway as much as up.

I’ve never quadralined before, but my understanding is that is basically keeping the growing shoots tied horizontally, and letting the trailing nodes become the “colas”. It may love it. It’s kind of what it tries to do on its own

The one Sativa pheno I got went into flower the same size as the Indicas and ended a foot taller.

Have a journal? I’d love to see how they do.

I’m growing Glookies as well. Tomorrow will be start of week 8/day 50. I also gotta say they are one hell of a bushy plant. I’m Quadlining mine and just did some limb cleanup a few days ago and she just went completely bushy again on me. How much of a stretch should I expect when I transition to flowering? Going to veg them for 2 more weeks in hopes of some upwards growth since I have finished my training portion for them. Can’t wait to try her outside where I could get 2-3k grams off of her.

From this past Monday

To this today

I also agree that outdoors, this strain would go nuts

Back
Top Bottom