Feral's 2016 Perpetual Garden - MH/HPS - Multi-Strain

Seedlings last night, getting bigger, finally worked out that if i focus my camera then lift it around 3", it will focus on the leaves rather than the soil :rofl:
Tonight i will be switching back to 16/8, lights would have come on around an hour or so ago under that schedule so around 15 hours before they see their first dark period in 3 days. Currently running straight from the mains but will later be running back through the analog timer. The seedlings stems are all pretty long right now but wont really make a difference once i repot, just means they will be buried further in the soil, i expect this to happen in about a week or so.

Psychotropic Mass

Screenshot_350.png

Viper Cookies

Screenshot_351.png

Grand Daddy Purp

Screenshot_352.png

Ice Bomb

Screenshot_353.png

Lost Coast OG

Screenshot_354.png

Every day i am still looking at new strains in the seedbanks, almost made another purchase yesterday lol. I figure i can wait about a month, usually some awesome deals around 4/20, only thing is i have to shop around to get the beans i want :rofl:

Moving along now to the older veg plants, Starting with White Jack, I figure why wait a couple of days to top when i can get in there now, seems she is already starting to throw alternate nodes on one main branch so i will try get all the topping done and out of the way nice and quickly to keep them nodes as parallel and tight as possible. This will probably be her last top before i let her grow and take clones, should start seeing some explosive growth really soon :)

Screenshot_345.png

Screenshot_346.png

While i was in the trimming spirit, i decided it was time for Hydro Atomic to be cut down substantially and while i was at it i took the top half as a clone, a little before and after pics, commence branching :)

Screenshot_347.png

Screenshot_348.png

For my clones i have a Platinum Hydroponics SUPER-CLONER 12 site, all up would have cost me about $50us and i dont need to use rockwool anymore. This thing is amazing, last time round took all of 4 days to start showing roots, i was running a Rhizo/water mix then but will be running straight water this time as a comparison. First thing i do is pour a small amount (about 2ml) of DM Replicator into a medicine cup, Cut my desired branch on an angle and in this case removed the lowest fan and node, base of the stem then straight into the Replicator for 15 seconds while i sort out the neoprene ring for transplant, then goes straight into the cloner. I dont bother cutting the fans, only reason i did last time was to fit them under the dome and have found that the dome is not even needed so will not be running it this time around :rofl:

Screenshot_349.png

Soil Atomic was left alone last night, may need some more water tonight.

About half an hour before i can get back in the tents tonight :Namaste:

So i have been working on equipment more than anything tonight, have had a couple of things to deal with.
First up i noticed only one air stone was working in the flower tent, i pulled the air pump out from the flower room and swapped everything over to the hailea pump. Now comes my problem, do i run 1 girl in veg from this pump and one from the hailea? Never played around with air pumps before but have a few cheap ones laying around, after opening the air pump i could plainly see the rubber diaphragm was split badly, being a dual pump one side was perfect but this side was well and truly shagged. First air pump i had on hand i pulled apart, the diaphragm was exactly the same diameter but a little shorter, better than nothing if you ask me, fit it all back together and tbh would not know which side works better lol, all working sweet yet again. I really do need to order another hailea, might grab a few backup diaphragms for this unit though for a couple of bucks, works a treat.
Second problem, the timer issue. I had a good look at the digital timer yet again and think i worked out the problem, I noticed the random feature was switched on, i decided to search online and found out the random feature turns whatever is plugged in off and on at random times during the timer settings, so things are not as bad as first assumed, they would not have had a full uninterupted dark period like i thought, I have turned this off now and will monitor over the next few days but im confident should be good to go.
I will be looking for some new plastic corners for my tent, i figure if i can change out a few beams and change the position of the cross beams, i may just be able to lift that hood another foot (with a few cuts in the mylar) and also with a vertical beam for stability that can double as somewhere to clip the fan, not sure how everyone else deals with these damn clip fans but running them in a tight corner does not allow much airflow not to mention impossible with oscillating versions.

Hi again, More ramblings from the feral one incoming :rofl:

Flower room updates...

Day 21 since the flip, finally got some shots of her out of the HPS lighting and damn she is healthy. The main branch has not grown any taller since i took the main fan leaf, the others are quickly catching up and will pluck each leaf accordingly, so far so good and seems like an efficient way of controlling growth :)
Has been 2 days since she has been in her larger home, tonight i added another 7L water, did not bother checking levels etc will do that tomorrow, now that i have a decent pump running both air stones she will probably drink a lot more. I thought by now i would start seeing nute burn to the tips of her leaves but still green all over, EC when mixed in the 27L DWC was 3.5 :rofl: this was due to monsta bud added after already being at full strength. I have now ordered some DM Gold Potash+, see if i can get a bit of boost happening in the flower department.

Screenshot_356.png

Screenshot_357.png

Screenshot_359.png

Screenshot_358.png

While i had a normal light setup i took a better shot of the new Pro Pot, loving it so far, perfect for my needs :)

Screenshot_355.png

Thats all in this tent tonight ;)

I'll sub to your journal man... Sorry I haven't earlier, never seen it....let's watch these little'ns grow..... Oh, I guess it's how you define cheat, on how you'll define me, lol....

I'll sub to your journal man... Sorry I haven't earlier, never seen it....let's watch these little'ns grow..... Oh, I guess it's how you define cheat, on how you'll define me, lol....

Haha thanks Grizz, sorry for the vent over there :rofl:
Just gets to me when people single out people because they are not yet part of the community, been here quite a while and i aint been "accepted" into the community yet either lol
I have seen a lot of what you do mate and no way think you are a cheater, just know you speak your mind which is a good thing ;) I dont know how i am not subbed to your journal yet, i keep reading it every time it pops up and am up to date just keep getting sidetracked before posting.

:passitleft:Dont be sorry man, I love a good vent, lol.... I not sure if your an Aussie or not, but we've met in some thread somewhere, lol... I'm glad you said what you said so I found your journal....:high-five:

A little update from last nights checks in the veg tent, Seedlings were looking good, apart from Psychotropic Mass not being able to hold her own weight. Kinda at a point where im not sure what to do, she is not ready to be up-potted (which would solve all the problems by burying her deeper in the soil), for now i have placed the whole pot into the next size up and using a pipe cleaner to hold her upright but may just end up repotting tonight, thoughts? opinions? while im at it should i do the other seedlings as a preventative of this happening to them?

Screenshot_360.png

Just a little look at the clone taken the day before, no signs of droop or wilting, have i mentioned how much i love this cloner :rofl:

Screenshot_361.png

About an hour or so before i can get in for tonights checks, see you all then :)

I've found its good to not fill the pots all of the way to top. Leave couple inches 5cm, then if get stretchy like that you can fill the extra room, stop the stretch and grow a bigger rootball, as roots will start growing from the buried stem....

Time for some more updates, i repotted all 5 seedlings last night, probably put a bit too much soil in there but all good, about an inch from the top of each pot. I figure because they are going to be mothers it should not really matter too much with the speed they grow, no real matter of urgency here lol. I had to change out the seedling tray to a bit bigger size, they would not fit in the other one anymore.

Screenshot_365.png

From right to left, Working through the stagger :rofl:

Psychotropic Mass

Screenshot_370.png

Viper Cookies

Screenshot_369.png

Grand Daddy Purp

Screenshot_368.png

Ice Bomb

Screenshot_367.png

Lost Coast OG

Screenshot_366.png

Back soon with some more updates :)

Moving along to the rest of the veg tent, it was damn hot in there last night at 30c, well was for me working under the lights :rofl:
I thought i would show the current arrangements in the tent, hopefully the seedlings have finished with their escape plans and settle in so i can up the light intensity a bit, still running 50% and i would like to have it up to 75% by the end of the week. I have laid out a couple of the yellow insect traps, have seen a few bugs here and there, nothing worth spraying for.

Screenshot_373.png

Clone still going strong, i will give it another 2 days before i check for roots.

Screenshot_364.png

Did not manage to get a photo of Hydro Atomic last night, shot white jack numerous times lol. Speaking of White Jack, topping her makes no difference in her growth speed, no stress whatsoever just keeps powering on.

Screenshot_363.png

Soil Atomic is still in the corner, has had no attention but is really doing well, only added water to her so far when the soil has dried out.

Screenshot_372.png

Reveg department, Money Maker is no more, i made the executive decision to rip her out, was not looking good and really could use the extra space, i will be purchasing some more MM seeds in my next order. Red Diesel is going ok i guess, still looks the same, still will for a while yet :rofl: she got her first mild veg nutes about 2 days ago, EC around 0.6.

Screenshot_371.png

Still more to come, back soon ;)

Your a growing machine Feral, lol

Geez just been staring at them.. All a picture of health..

Back
Top Bottom