Feral's Perpetual Feminized Pollen & Seed Production

I purchased the "Bio-Silver"Ultra Colloidal Silver 50 PPM" and on the side of the bottle is says "at least 50 ppm." Imagine my surprise when I tested it to find it is actually 124 ppm. Anyone know if you can add distilled water to bring it down to closer to 50 ppm? And if you do add distilled water is there anything else you have to do to make sure the silver stays suspended?

I am pretty sure DrZiggy uses a 240ppm mix with distilled water bringing the ppm down to around 80, distilled water should be fine to use i think but wont last very long, i would only mix up small amounts you need as you use it or even give the 124ppm a go, should be fine to use as i have seen people use the 240 undiluted.

Sorry for no updates in here for a while, i have plucked quite a few pollen sacs from the branch but not much pollen was inside, she is still alive, Day 90 in flower and still no signs of rhodelization but i may be cutting her down soon. I have a lot of moving around and changing things in the grow room, 2 smaller cupboards will be moved in for pollen/seed production in a more sealed environment and the current cupboard will turn into my drying space when my dehumidifier arrives :)

I like the idea of just cutting it in half and getting twice as much. I finally got around to testing the ppm of that mix they sell on eBay and it was only 25 ppm. As for my little experiment with the Kush Fromage chopped her down except for that one branch and is now sitting in a window. At 118 days old it's still alive but no signs of pollen. I think I just did not spray long enough. I did two weeks and stopped when I should have sprayed until I saw nanners plus 3 days. Live and learn. I have some THC Bombs and DP Auto Mazars to play with next.

I like the idea of cutting it too and saving money, should be fine as long as it doesnt sit too long ;) I made so many mistakes with the last one hehe, i let it get way too big, i started spraying too late which meant it took longer, used more solution than needed and ran out, i didnt even test the ppm of the solution i was using :rofl: Next will be a lot more controlled and will be using tiresias mist so should have a lot better results :)

I will grab some pics tonight after i finish harvesting my main girl, not much to show apart from the sacks i removed and the purple color she has now turned all over :rofl:

I am pretty sure DrZiggy uses a 240ppm mix with distilled water bringing the ppm down to around 80, distilled water should be fine to use i think but wont last very long, i would only mix up small amounts you need as you use it or even give the 124ppm a go, should be fine to use as i have seen people use the 240 undiluted.

Sorry for no updates in here for a while, i have plucked quite a few pollen sacs from the branch but not much pollen was inside, she is still alive, Day 90 in flower and still no signs of rhodelization but i may be cutting her down soon. I have a lot of moving around and changing things in the grow room, 2 smaller cupboards will be moved in for pollen/seed production in a more sealed environment and the current cupboard will turn into my drying space when my dehumidifier arrives :)

I dilute my 240 ppm CS

C1V1= C2V2
I make 4 oz(120ml) of 80ppm CS at a time.
240*(?)=(120)*(80)
(?)=40ml..
a $20-30 bottle of CS will make 1000s of seeds.. :)
B.I.D.(RIP) used to make his own and make female seeds.

No updates for a while, sorry everyone, not much happened at all since last update, i was expecting rhodelization by now or some more sacks from the CS but nothing :rofl: the pollen i did manage to collect was not much at all but will have to do as she is taking up too much space and want to start working on another soon. I cut all of her untreated branches out yesterday, Day 104 in flower and gave them to my dad to hang dry, i will be drying it right out over buckets and collecting seeds if any, im hoping she has had enough of a chance to self pollinate, enough for a couple of seeds. I ended up moving a small plant into the pollen cupboard 12 days ago now and used a small amount of pollen on her, tapped a couple of sacks over her and then gave her lower pistils a rub with the same sacks. She was supposed to be a reg GDP but went auto in the veg tent so i have no friggin idea what it is :rofl:

Screenshot_775.png

I had an issue in the cupboard with the CFL going out 2 days ago, for now i have had to move one of the old mars 300w LED panels in there, I am still not sure what lights to go with until i finish setting up my new pollen space with 2 small sections, i will be turning the pollen cupboard into my drying area very soon, seems like such a waste of a big space when growing small plants in there.

Next up will probably be White Jack, I am just waiting on a couple of clones right now and then will start to pick up in here again ;)
Hope everyone is well :Namaste:

Doing pretty good here. Always fun with a new grow, starting a couple autos for outside and a couple for inside. Will be using CS on at least one branch on each of them. The two for outside are from Flash Seeds and as big as they are suppose to get I am not sure if I want more seeds. :rofl:

Can always do with more seeds of big autos :) my issue is the other way around with autos, they get to around 6" tall and flower :rofl: I didnt plan on this one being an auto considering GDP dont even offer an auto variety, must have been a bonza mistake, she is around 6" tall now and cant see her getting much bigger lol

I think the main reason i didnt have much luck with the last girl was i started spraying too late, waited for pistils to show before i started, next time will be as soon as it goes 12/12 and maybe even a couple of days prior. Been wanting to do more in here but have been so busy in my other tents and journal, Just harvested a 10oz plant a couple of weeks ago, about 4-5 weeks till next harvest and another one 4 weeks after :rofl:

Yea these Flash seeds are both super autos so will be interesting to see how big they will go outdoors. Got a pop up greenhouse to keep them safe from the deer and prying eyes. Started two Dutch Passion Auto Mazars for indoors. After watching thebeast's girl grow up I couldn't resist trying out the strain.

I could do with a 10oz plant. :laughtwo: Biggest one I have had since I started indoors a year ago is 4.

No updates for a while, sorry everyone, not much happened at all since last update, i was expecting rhodelization by now or some more sacks from the CS but nothing :rofl:

. . .

i will be turning the pollen cupboard into my drying area very soon, seems like such a waste of a big space when growing small plants in there.

Next up will probably be White Jack, I am just waiting on a couple of clones right now and then will start to pick up in here again ;)
Hope everyone is well :Namaste:

No worries mate. Arctic explorers and reseacrhers still wait for summer (unless they are idiots.)
Outdoor gardening has a lot more time lags than your indoor explorations.

Nice frost forming, leaves look good too.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks miller :thumb:

I up-potted her last night, nice coating of gnatnix over the top to stop the pesky little buggers from laying any more eggs. Getting really frosty and starting to get a dark look to her, still not sure what strain it could be. Still no signs of any seeds forming or any changes really tbh apart from pretty much all of the pistils being brown from the pollination.

Screenshot_851.png

Screenshot_850.png

:Namaste:

Some updates for tonight, i got a new tent just for pollen and seeds, no more using that crappy cupboard lol. New tent is 900x500x1600mm and i have gone back to a 130w 2700k CFL, 4" carbon filter/duct/fan combo, not too worried about smell but filter more to stop pollen exiting the tent :thumb:
This auto has a real stench to her, real skunky and damn frosty. No signs of seeds etc as of yet, only 26 days into flowering.

Screenshot_852.png

Screenshot_853.png

Screenshot_854.png

Screenshot_855.png

:Namaste:

Thanks Rad, table was my best idea ever, dont need to bend down as far to check on them and can store lots underneath :)
Cupboard is going to be my hanging/drying room :thumb:, i need lots of space hehe.

Great idea on the table. I have a smaller tent, 60x60x90cm, that I don't use because it's inconvenient being so short, but now you got me thinking about how I could use it for breeding.

Did the description of this tent actually list the size in millimeters? At first I thought this tent had to be huge until I realized you had it listed in mm, so it's only 90x60x160 cm. :laughtwo:

Great idea on the table. I have a smaller tent, 60x60x90cm, that I don't use because it's inconvenient being so short, but now you got me thinking about how I could use it for breeding.

Did the description of this tent actually list the size in millimeters? At first I thought this tent had to be huge until I realized you had it listed in mm, so it's only 90x60x160 cm. :laughtwo:

I've been growing my seedlings and young clones on a coffee table with a tray cover. I like being able to easily inspect and train the branches.

:rofl: nah i just listed it as that for my own purpose lol, we dont deal with inches and feet much here, all cm and mm, trying to convert 500mm to feet just wouldnt compute in my brain lmao, now that you mention it, cm would have been the better option :rofl:

I've been growing my seedlings and young clones on a coffee table with a tray cover. I like being able to easily inspect and train the branches.

Its so much easier working from a table :), my only regret is not doing it sooner, I was going to use a coffee table too but it wouldnt fit in my space :rofl: I really did want that next size up tent lol

Back
Top Bottom