Feral's Perpetual Feminized Pollen & Seed Production

Congrats Hemi, Nice work :party:
Still no changes to the bud that i noticed changes on so tonight i started looking all over the treated areas, We have nanners here too :)
Not many right now but looking like there may be quite a few more sites about to bust out, finally starting to see some results. I think the CFL has been the main reason things have been so slow, i may think about doing this in the flower tent under 600w next time, just until nanners appear and then move to the cupboard.

Screenshot_463.png

Screenshot_462.png

Have a great day everyone :Namaste:

Them is some pretty nanners, :thumb: all covered with resin. Now to see if I can be patient enough to let them mature fully. Good luck.

So today i have been looking around at random things to do with fem seed production and have come up with a few more different methods i would like to try in the future, some interesting stuff. So far working with CS we have results, when the flowering period is over we will be trialing rhodelization. STS is another solution i would like to try but its a lot harder to get the ingredients here, seems there is another solution not many have talked about called Gibberellic acid (Ga3), this is a plant growth hormone that can be used in different stages of growth to achieve different results at different strengths, can promote growth at a low rate and will produce male flowers when used like CS mixed at 100ppm, very cheap to buy also and comes in a powdered form so really helps shelf life and mix as you need. Another option which was quoted from a breeder, for the first 3 weeks of flower, add an hour of light in between the dark period, eg. 12 on, 5 1/2 off, 1 on, 5 1/2 off. Only thing that worries me about the last method is may have more tendencies to hermy in the seeds more than others but still something im willing to give a go on. No pics today just some random ramblings so i dont forget LOL

Hope all is well, have a great day :Namaste:

As far as STS goes, I too have looked at this and I'm sure you know, but for anyone that might come along reading this thread later, be sure to order the two ingredients from separate sources. From everything I have read, in some countries ordering these two ingredients together can land you on a government list. Also of all the methods for reversing sex this one seems to have the most issues from storing it to possible health problems if precautions are not taken.

Hey hey, time for some updates, nanners are getting bigger and noticing more busting out at different budsites on this same branch, everything else seems pretty clear atm. Buds should be pretty much ready for harvest in a normal situation so hopefully within a few weeks we will see some rhodelization starting to occur. Delivery in the mail today, my Tiresias Mist arrived from the US :) wont have a chance to use it till next strain though. 3 pics of nanners today followed by an untreated flower.

Screenshot_486.png

Screenshot_488.png

Screenshot_485.png

Screenshot_487.png

Meanwhile in the Flower Tent, Day 30 since flip.....

Screenshot_469.png

Screenshot_472.png

if you have not checked it out yet, my main journal is much more active than this one and has a lot going on in there lol

Feral's 2016 Perpetual Garden - MH/HPS - Multi-Strain

I am noticing a lot more nanners along the branch i continually treated but still nothing apart from those weird leaves on the first branch, to me they look like what grows out from inside a nanner, just thinking it could have thrown a nanner earlier on and built bud around it, could already be self pollinated. Today is day 63 for her, should be harvested by now, would yield around 2oz dry. I literally have not added anything but water to her res since this journal started, never checked her PH or EC, just left her go. Just goes to show if you throw a plant in a cupboard and show it nothing but abuse and neglect, you can still get decent results :thumb:

However, if you show it all the love in the world, could end up being a monster like in my flowering room :rofl: I know this is off topic but 3 days on from the last pic, now Day 33.

Screenshot_519.png

Have a great day guys, i will try grab some pics of some more nanners tonight :Namaste:

Hi everyone, couple of pics tonight working from the top down to the base of the branch i continually sprayed. Right at the main top it is now definitely showing signs of pollen sacs.

Screenshot_525.png

Moving down to the next budsite, this was the first lot of nanners noticed on the branch, looking at it from the naked eye today looks different again, almost looked like one of them had split open with those little yellow leaves poking out but looking through the camera looks completely different again lol. Just for safety sake i cleaned up a piece of glass i had around and laid it under the branch area, should catch most if any pollen that should decide to drop.

Screenshot_523.png

And further down the branch again we have a few clusters like these, start off roughly the size and shape of seeds.

Screenshot_524.png

Hope everyone is doing real well, have a great day :Namaste:

Tell me that is a real camera and not a cell phone you are getting those close ups with. If it is what lens are you using? I have a Pentax K-r and am still learning the ins and outs of macro photography.

Yeah its a real camera hehe, i cant use the phone one its even worse, this one is a Fujifilm FinePix s2980 that was given to me by a friend, lens sticks and doesnt zoom properly, as i said i take about 50 shots and theres 1 good one lol, some of these shots im actually focusing on it blurred and have to move the camera to get it in focus while still holding my finger on the button to keep that focus :rofl: Im a shocker when it comes to photos and cameras, really should learn how to use one lol but a tripod would make things a lot easier i think, macro doesnt like movement, will be looking at buying one soon.

Yes, my Pentax's macro setting is almost useless without a tripod. I was looking into getting a macro lens next, but depending on quality can get rather pricey.

Mine has a SuperMacro feature, who knows what the hell that does though as it doesnt allow the flash and any pics look like motion blur from one side of the screen to the other :rofl: Not gonna buy any special lenses for mine as i dont use it for anything else, if i didnt get this one for free id still be taking pics on my old crappy camera lol, next step up from a disposable :rofl:

Mine has a SuperMacro feature, who knows what the hell that does though as it doesnt allow the flash and any pics look like motion blur from one side of the screen to the other :rofl: Not gonna buy any special lenses for mine as i dont use it for anything else, if i didnt get this one for free id still be taking pics on my old crappy camera lol, next step up from a disposable :rofl:
From the sounds of it being so sensitive and no flash that you would have to have very bright white lighting and a tripod to get a shot. I'm like u I just keep shooting and deleting until I get something half decent.

hello once again feral. Took me a while, but I'm here for the show. Plants are looking good! I plan on doing some breeding this summer, if some of my seeds produce some males...When you get nanners on flower sites, does that mean they hermied? Or they do that when they get pollenized ?

Welcome PTSDgrower, good to see you here mate :thumb:
If you get nanners then the plant hermied, if those nanners pop open they can then pollinate another flower, a little different to male plants as they will grow male flowers straight up, we have to force male parts to show on a fem plant :) Im hoping to get some males also with some of the seeds i have here, hopefully get some regs going too ;)

Hey everyone, still a slow process right now, a lot more nanners are forming on the branch now and there is going to be plenty by the looks of it :rofl:
Surprised to see no nanners on any other treated areas, just the branch i continued to treat. I have a soil Atomic clone waiting for pollination in the veg tent, just a matter of waiting for some of these sacks to open.

Screenshot_580.png

Screenshot_581.png

Hope everyone is well, have a great day :Namaste:

I was thinking the same Rad, was expecting "something" to happen to all treated areas, I expect they will be the first areas to change under rhodelization but will have to wait to find that out. Hopefully something happens soon so it can make this journal not so boring lol.

Back
Top Bottom