Feral's Perpetual Feminized Pollen & Seed Production

Hey everyone, welcome to my new side journal. With my main journal coming to a close in the coming weeks i thought i would get a start with this and get you all updated on the progress so far. Before i go any further i will cover the basics of this journal. It will be a somewhat perpetual grow where strains will constantly be added one after the other to the dedicated grow space.

What are you using for seed production?
I will be using a pre-made, store bought 100ml bottle of Colloidal Silver spray, 50ppm which should do the job nicely.

wOoQQGK.png

What strain is it?
This will be an ongoing rotation of many different strains, I have around 40 to work with :rofl:

Starting with Bomb Seeds - Atomic Bomb, A bit of info:
Atomic Bomb is a premium blend of an Original Chemdawg X Emerald Triangle Kush (can you say OG?) hybrid crossed with Bomb Seeds' very own THC Bomb. Killer!

Chemdawg X Kush X THC Bomb

The results are complex and sophisticated with a magnificent fuel & citrus aroma that's accented by notes of berries and menthol. The flavour is just as full bodied, and the stone is simply brilliant.

It starts with a powerful, fast-acting headrush before settling into a mix of euphoria & full body stones that seem to keep on going for hours. Atomic Bomb Seeds are quite satisfying, but beginners should take care or prepare to pay for the piper.

Grow space information:
Dedicated cupboard for this function only, has no exhaust or fan and can only fit 1 plant at a time.

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
This journal will cover only the flowering stage of each strain, clones will be taken and vegged in my veg tent before being moved over to this space.

Indoor or outdoor? Soil or Hydro?
Indoor only growing in a DWC bucket using netpot lids and Canna Aqua clay.

Size of light?
This grow space is powered by a 130w 2700k CFL globe in a dimpled aluminium reflector.

Temp of Room/cab? RH of Room/cab?
Not sure exactly, have not bothered to check as the plant is very healthy.

PH of media or res?
PH will fluctuate between 5.5 and 6.5 before i do any alterations.

Type and strength of ferts used?
I will continue to use the Dutch Master Gold range of nutes as i have had amazing results with it so far, however, this grow will be using a very light mix and will not be changed out regularly, only when i start seeing signs of defs. I dont need to be pumping them up making monsters :rofl:

A Bit of History...
Atomic#1 started her life out as a small clone from my current journal, taken in rockwool and then placed into a 3"netpot filled with clay balls.

newdwc77.png

From this point she exploded with growth, she is on the right ;)

Screenshot_131.png

A couple of days later she was moved to her own bucket

Screenshot_211.png

3 Days later she was growing up and needed some bondage in her life

Screenshot_37.png

A week later, after some veg time she was moved directly into the cupboard under 12/12, dated 16th January 2016.

Screenshot_89.png

2 weeks after i start noticing new pistle growth on the flower sites

Screenshot_147.png

3 days later i felt sufficient growth was achieved to start the Colloidal Silver treatments, i marked the treated branches with silver pipe cleaners.

Screenshot_170.png

This is an untreated flower

Screenshot_174.png

Here we have a flower 24 hours after the first CS treatment

Screenshot_175.png

From here i decided i would have 2 days of treatment followed by a day off, will keep this going until i am seeing some nanner growth. 4 days since first treatment, looking like the treatments are really doing their job

Screenshot_180.png

This last pic brings us up to date, 5 days after starting CS treatments.

Screenshot_190.png

I plan on updating with pictures throughout the whole process.

Thanks to everyone that stops by, i hope this will be a bit more active than my current journal, its a ghost town over there :rofl: somehow i've either pissed a lot of people off or i must be boring as hell, so sorry in advance.

Just now trying tiresias mist on my Kush Fromage Auto and after 14 days that bud is looking pretty dark. I imagine she will start throwing nanners anytime now. Definitely subbed in to see your results.

Just now trying tiresias mist on my Kush Fromage Auto and after 14 days that bud is looking pretty dark. I imagine she will start throwing nanners anytime now. Definitely subbed in to see your results.

Thanks HemiSync for subbing in :thanks:

Would love to know the results on how you go with your auto, i have a few here i will end up putting through the same treatment and maybe end up crossing :)

Thanks HemiSync for subbing in :thanks:

Would love to know the results on how you go with your auto, i have a few here i will end up putting through the same treatment and maybe end up crossing :)
No problem there, I will let you know. I just hope that I can keep her alive long enough for the feminized pollen sacs to mature fully. She has had a rough life so far due to my own learning curve & I'm surprised she hasn't hermied on her own from all the stress. A credit to her strong genetics. The buds sites I have been spraying keep trying to throw off pistils but looks to be losing the battle with the spray. Poor girl working so hard to make a bud and I keep spraying this stuff on her. :laughtwo:

Im really hoping i can do the same and keep her alive lol, this is a first for me but all seems to be going smooth so far :wood:
My poor girl is trying to stretch but cant where i have sprayed :rofl:

Last night i had quite a bit to do with my other tents so i didnt get a chance to post updates, the previous night was a night with no CS (would bring the total to 4 treatments so far) so it came into play again. Overall the rest of the plant has stretched about 8-10" more than the treated areas and is looking pretty decent, I had not checked her res in a few days and she was down around 7L, PH was sitting perfect at 5.8 and EC still at 1.0, I took the chance to add some nutes to the mix, some fresh silica and zone. Got me thinking a bit about how much we really need to be treating, i may just do a few tests along the way with another branch and only give specific amounts to different flower sites. It would be interesting to know just how much we need to be damaging them to achieve results.

This first pic is an untreated flower last night

Screenshot_192.png

And 6 days after starting treatments

Screenshot_193.png

One thing i need to do is reinstall photoshop for cropping and rotating images etc, this screenshot app is blurring the hell out of the pics, might be todays mission :rofl:
Have a great day :thumb:

I'm going to pull up a seat if you don't mind. Breeding feminized seeds is something I'd eventually like to learn to do.

Kool, I done the seed making. Mind if I watch here. Always need new info on better ways. I used CS last time 240 ppm, only sprayed the nodes twice. Worked really well. Got about 300 seeds.

First day into flowering. And then again about 9 days later. I only sprayed the node once each time at night tho. Never during day time light. I was scared to burn them. I mixed the Cs with distilled water 8 to 1 . It should have been more than 60 ppm. Never below that. I heard it want work below 60. I was sure I did mine strong. Somewhere around 80 ppm if I calc it right. But I just poured the 240 ppm bottle into water. Used my best judgment on what I thought was more than 60. I am not sure how to calc it all up I just figured 8 0z bottle and use 1 oz to 100 oz water. I'm sure it was strong. But never hurt the plant any. One spray would have done the job. With being strong as it was.

I figured it was one plant so really didn't care to much but it pollened 3 other plants. So it worked fine. Got 3 strain mix. Of jack horror black domino. 28 percent thc plants. I have the seeds growing right now. They look nice being babies.

Oh FYI now only spray one stem. One stem will give 100seeds or more. All ya need is few pollen sacks. And a fan.

Nice one mate, from what im seeing the 50ppm is doing the job and considering the amount of treatments so far no real signs of damage, some slight discoloration from the droplets but they have been sprayed directly under the light. Im going to try a couple of different methods with this plant, i was thinking a couple of sprays would be plenty to produce a couple of nanners, might do one flower with 2 consecutive days treatments and another like the way you did yours, treatments about a week apart ;)
Many thanks for that, has really got me thinking hehe

Yeah it did same to me where the droplets we're why I did it at night second time give time to dry up.

Oh FYI now only spray one stem. One stem will give 100seeds or more. All ya need is few pollen sacks. And a fan.

i will only be using a tiny amount of the pollen on her for seeds, most of it will go into storage for crosses at a later stage :)
The rest of the plant wont be consumed in any way, her only purpose is to produce pollen and seeds then she will be given to a friend, same as most of my seeds, i only need enough for my own grows :)

Yep. What I did also, just enough and no more. Chronichemphog is the master of that stuff. He is on my friends list. He can tell ya everything about it. He instructed me. I'm just rookie. Only been growing for 3 years now.

Back
Top Bottom