Filtering water to 0ppm without a reverse osmosis machine, light & resinator question?

HigherTheHigh

Hello, 3 questions in one.

I dont have the money to spend on a reverse osmosis kit, i have a 100L water tank i can store the water after.

Is there any filters i can use? i only need to make up to 50L of 0 ppm water for 14 days while im flushing.

As for my lighting question im running a 4x8 tent with 3 600w HPS lights giving them a great coverage of 1800w of light running at 26-28c, but iv noticed the cooler the tent the more trichome production there is, so im wondering if i switch to only 2 600w's for the last 3 weeks of flower as this brings the temps down to 22-24c, or will this end up affecting weight even though they have had the great majority of light, or should nutrients, i add my below question.

Also has anyone used the resinator nutrient? iv read some great reviews on using it up until harvest but there only amazon review comments and i dont trust companies now after most got caught out for leaving there own comments.

No way to be able to catch it, i have a small tent although, i could lift it up of the ground in the tent then pour water in the drip tray?

I know it may be the long way round but i do have 10-14 days head start if you think it will work.

just give them plain water

I dont have the money to spend on a reverse osmosis kit, i have a 100L water tank i can store the water after.

Is there any filters i can use? i only need to make up to 50L of 0 ppm water for 14 days while im flushing.

As for my lighting question im running a 4x8 tent with 3 600w HPS lights giving them a great coverage of 1800w of light running at 26-28c, but iv noticed the cooler the tent the more trichome production there is, so im wondering if i switch to only 2 600w's for the last 3 weeks of flower as this brings the temps down to 22-24c, or will this end up affecting weight even though they have had the great majority of light, or should nutrients, i add my below question.

Also has anyone used the resinator nutrient? iv read some great reviews on using it up until harvest but there only amazon review comments and i dont trust companies now after most got caught out for leaving there own comments.
i

Also has anyone used the resinator nutrient? iv read some great reviews on using it up until harvest but there only amazon review comments and i dont trust companies now after most got caught out for leaving there own comments.[/QU
give them a flush with fresh water ph as usual. I am having the same problem with hard water. I cant get them to yellow before harvest. but I slow dry them and there still better than any shit I buy elsewere

you can buy RO water for a couple bucks at most grocery stores. if you are in a rural area you can get it delivered as a drinking water replacement. i know people that get 500L at a throw delivered at 5ppm for about $40 cdn.

It is indeed a real problem but since this is the last big grow i want it absolutely perfect if i can, im not flushing until around the 1st-6th of october, my ppm normal out the tap was 80 but has since risen in the past few weeks to around 102 and our water tastes absolutely disgusting so no wonder my buds never taste that great even after a long cure, so i have a good 10 days to come up with a plan, unfortunately there is no where around me that does RO water, if there was i would buy it weekly the amount i would go through.

i would kill for 102 ppm out the tap. summer avg is over 700, winter setlles in about 360 ppm.

you have no grocery stores ? they all sell it. big blue bottles about 15 - 30 L

take it easy on nutes and flush a week earlier than usual that's all I do, maybe let your water sit for a couple of days might help. if your plants are healthy and not dark green stop feeding them until you see yellowing, that will give you a good idea how long it takes a flush to start working. hope you know what ime trying to say ime baked

Yeah plenty of stores just no water that is zero ppm, least i can get is 76 which is still to high.

Iv done it all, lowered nutes gone until half yellow or until i possibly could, iv got 100L tanks i use and they sit for around 3-4 days before i use it but im positive there is something nasty in my water, i suppose it could well be that tainting it, iv just found a 5 stage RO filter system for $180 or £150 i could use and install it in the house after so i may just have to bite the bullet.

same here for last three years, had the same problem, I just flush earlier .I know some growers who don't flush at all. BUT they have time to slow dry and long cure. cos they have reserves. My advise is to get what you can of this crop. and buy a ro machine, or whatever you call them for the next crop. I should actually take a leaf from my own book on this one. but fuck it ime still smoking stronger weed than I can buy

Yes im going to mate, may as well buy it and be done with it, i may just struggle for money but like you said it should be worth it.

So i have another question so iv heard lowering the temps can make the buds go purple, i know that some of the strains depend on there genetics but im sure iv had the odd purple Northern Lights, im growing O.G. Kush too, i can get temps down to around 15c if i want too, im in week 5 day 3 of flower.

Back
Top Bottom