Final Decision : Volksgarden 600w vs. CAP E&G 1kw : Start to Finish in ~1 week

The problem with the super soil recipe is that I don't have enough time before the next grow to let it cook properly.

I have a strong gut feeling that the time-release nutes are going to work well. Both commercial and backyard growers use them successfully to grow tomatoes and other veggies, and it seems more natural for plants to have a steady source of nutrients, rather than the depletion and spikes you get the usual way.

Plants growing naturally don't have those big swings in nute levels.

The problem with the super soil recipe is that I don't have enough time before the next grow to let it cook properly.

I have a strong gut feeling that the time-release nutes are going to work well. Both commercial and backyard growers use them successfully to grow tomatoes and other veggies, and it seems more natural for plants to have a steady source of nutrients, rather than the depletion and spikes you get the usual way.

Plants growing naturally don't have those big swings in nute levels.

true bro. . . but thinking longer term, If you mix some up this summer. . . with the amount you grow, you'd be set for a year or more of basically maintenance free feeding.

but there are a thousand ways to skin a cat, just thought it fits your desires perfectly. and who can argue with the connection between organics and quality?

Big plastic trash can with tight-fitting lid in a place that is not prone to dampness, mildew, or rot. Now as to whether you want to leave it airtight or to punch holes (with screening to prevent pests) in the can, I have not a clue. I see a lot of soil in sealed bags but I see some in ones with holes that look like they were made on purpose (as they are round and evenly-sized). I also couldn't say whether it would be best to let it dry out or remain moist.

yeah. all I know is that the subcool article I read says that He mixes up a big batch once every summer, stores it in a big trash can, and that he uses it over the course of the year.

so it seems that at least over a year it should stay perfectly viable.

I guess the reason for cooking it as long as he does is to establish lots of bugs, but he says the longer you cook it the better, so it must be a fairly well-sealed trash can.

I may mix up a batch, but not as big as his.

The energy expended upfront would pay off for a long time.

hmmmmmmmmm, I was reading a long thread by subcool on how he uses his soil and came across this:

"You cant do my method in a 5 gallon.
They run out of gas and the pot dosnt have enough surface area for large yeilds.
In 5 gallons fade can start as early as day 30 of budding.

I use min 7 gallon pots and my standard is a 10"

That would mean 1-2 plants max per tent for me, but he vegges for 60 days and gets big yields with those big pots and big plants.

yeah. . . when I read that part I assumed he meant for outdoors. . . you would need a huge pot like that if your light was the sun. . . not so much for a 400 w HPS. . .

but I could be reading into it too much, and you really might need a huge pot no matter what. . . maybe someone should shoot him an email and ask. lol.

All I know was my scrog tasted quite delish, and was minimal work. I had small buds, but that was due to scrogging it.

Here's a couple more posts in the thread by sub:

"THis method I teach is proven my me and others over a decade.
I am sure it has many applications so experiment and see what ya come up with. I put this how to together based on a system I know works I use the larger pots with amazing results.
When used in smaller pots we ran outa gas to soon and had to water way to often causing many nutrients to be flushed out of the soil."

"I did not say it would not work outdoors. I am an indoor grower and that is what I teach. I am sure this mix would do great outside but ants would love it and I simply dont have the data to pass on. I have grown a plant outdoors in a container and it did extremely well.
I have 3 decades of indoor experience and like 2 outdoor harvest I simply am not in the know"

i stand corrected. . .

well. . . I still say it's an easy method you should give a shot. . .
If I did it again, I guess I'd do it differently.

slower turnover rate, but I bet the yield is similar to filling out a tent with more plants.

I just peeked in. Did you give up on that wheel? The pic's I scrolled back for weren't really worth the efffort you seem to have put in. I didn't read all you said, so I will put my foot in my mouth if I was wrong. Buds looked fine, just atad on the small size. Really tho I only seen acouple pic's but the whole wheel seems a waste to me, unless ya get a 2 month flip over. I mean nothing bad just talking out my neck. Hey wheel no bad meant, if wrongfully taking sorry. Just to me yield seems alittle small. Keepem all Green brother grower.

yeah norcal, you got it right. don't worry, i know it was a duck. and there is no offense calling a duck a duck. the yield is a not a little small, it was a lot small.

That system is very finneke. it's a bit too restrictive for me, and I never had a very good yield from the thing in any of my grows. I have never been very good at big colas on very small plants, and that's what the wheel needs to produce. I am however fine at big colas on big plants.

I didn't sell it or anything, and i'll probably give it another try sometime down the road when I have more room to run it side by side with another system, but for now, it's sleeping.

Instead, I am trying to pull 1g/w out of my 4x8 tent. I have 1kw HPS on a 6' mover so I am trying to pull 1kg. I have 23 plants in a CAP Ebb n Gro system on the floor of the tent that are getting pretty big, and I have clones waiting to go into a 4" pvc aero unit i have tiered and wrapped around the perimeter of the tent. The aero has room for 29 more plants.

Hopefully I'll go to flower by next weekend. as soon as the clones sufficiently root.

anyways, check out that journal if you want, I will have a much better go than the wheel sagas for sure.

Its the last link in my sig.

Speed reading back seems congrads are in order. I love to see people get in a harvest. Get DOWN with your BadAss. Laters

Hey wheel man how the hellz are ya?
long time eh?
anyways I got a wheel too and I am loving it but your right its a hard system to master lol if its even POSSIBLE to master hahahha
anyways my question is do you have much problem with stem rot and chem burn?
and if so what did you do to combat these problems?
thanks bro

P.S. I just finished my 3rd grow and so far I seem to average 7g per plant dry and have had some up to 12g dry and I really think I can up thoes numbers if I can keep the fore mentioned problems at bay.

all the best wishes bro

T.

High TandT, WoF hasn't been around for a while. Good to see you back though ;)

How many plants did you have in the wheel - was that for all sites? W'd love to see photos.

:passitleft:

sorry soniq still aint allowd to post pics I don"t think I have enough posts or something like that...
but if ya wanna see them I do got a few journls at green passion under t&t dynamite

wow I just finished reading the whole journal its too bad about the yeld but what he did get looked tasty
I would love to try the GDP or the erkel that might be for another round right now I got derban poison and its loving the wheel other then the burn and bit o stem rot.

we'll see

Take care all

T.

Back
Top Bottom