First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Ok fine, I'll be that guy.

Dude you need to start your own journal and let us follow DonP.

I promise we will still help you, post the link to your journal here, and we'll come see how you're doing. In fact, it would be a ton easier to give you help, if you had your own journal, more people will see your questions, and you'll get advice from many 420 Vets!

Just my two cents, because i feel like you are taking away from DonP's pride an joy in this journal..

OMG Im sorry for messin with Don's thunder, I hope he doesnt hate me, nobody visits my journal, I feel so neglected, and everyone visits Dons, but Ill take your advice thanks for pointing that out chicka I promise I wont journal hop anymore, scouts honour

OMG Im sorry for messin with Don's thunder, I hope he doesnt hate me, nobody visits my journal, I feel so neglected, and everyone visits Dons, but Ill take your advice thanks for pointing that out chicka I promise I wont journal hop anymore, scouts honour

How about a link in your signature to your grow??

Edit: Ahhh...I see. You don't have your sig turned on. I can see your sig in your profile page, but it doesn't add your sig when you post.

dont worry about posting the pics here, i dont mind, but it seems you got your own journal, im be over to check it out in a moment.

i have just harvested the delicious fruity chronic juice and will put pics up tomorrow, the main bud im pleased with its so dense.

ill post the dry weight when i know, im thinking ill get slightly more than 18g, i got that off the 2ltr hempie in 1 bud so im thinking i should hit the oz mark, but ill let you all know when its dry.

now the first plant i harvested the nl x bb has been drying a while not, some buds are dry and have gone in a jar for a good cure, the buds are solid, nice and firm buds, they dont squash when you squeeze them and it hasnt lost much of its bulk either, obviously the buds have shrunk but not as much as they did last time round, these seem a lot firmer,

ill post dry weights for them all when they are dry, the nl x bb will be the first to dry, i had 2 of these to harvest so the one is dry to nearly dry, its just the bigger buds im waiting on to dry, so that wont be long before its in a jar and cured.

the light in using is a dual spectrum 400watt hps with digital ballast,

my clones are doing good as well, i think im going to have 4 out of 4 in the water clones, the 2 grew roots easy but the 2 from the other hempie are really slow and its been a couple of weeks if not more, but on the last 2 i can see small roots forming so im thinking they will be good to grow in a few days, i took clones from the fruity juice when i harvested it as it had some small branches with no buds at the bottom so i got a clone from that if it roots.

im re-vegging the 2 headed nl x bb so i will be growing this again, my plants in veg will be put into bigger pots now and will be in the big grow room when the light is on and back under the cfls to continue in veg,

so in flower i have only got the 2 hempies now so once their done ill be switching to glr for a few weeks then back to flower, so i need to start thinking about the next grow after the plants i got in veg, im thinking about giving hydro a try and do a scrog but im still deciding on this so not 100% sure what im doing yet.
but i got plants to move into the flower room, i have got 2 clones that are in soil and in veg, i have got another 2 different clones in soil and in veg, then i have got the regular seeds to sex and they will then go in flower room under glr till ready, the plants in veg are about 6 to 8 inches high now and are getting to big for the small veg room, so im just sorting out moving everything into bigger pots and then i can sex the regular plants and remove any males.

i have got my 2 autos, 1 x blueberry auto and 1 x royal bluematic, both are blueberry cross with ruderalis, the one is clearly in flower and i wont be getting much off it unless it grows like crazy in flower, the top set of fan leaves have a sort of dark greeny blue look to them so hoping for some nice blue buds, keeping my fingers crossed, now the bluematic is the same age as the one in flower but seems to be growing a lot slower and is growing like a regular plant, so ill need to see what happens with that one, it could be male but its way to early to tell either way, both where regular seeds so if i only have 1 fem then ill be happy with that, and if i only get 1 purple bud then ill be happier still.

ill do an update in a few days once i have got everything sorted and in bigger pots, ill put pics up tomorrow when im at my moms and show you the fruity juice harvest, the buds on it are solid as well, i think this time round everything is dialed in properly and the plants are flowering a whole lot better.

my hempies have stopped stretching like crazy and are in full flower now, on the tallest hempie their is one side branch that is 2ft long and is only 3 nodes long as well, so thats shows you how much it has stretched, ive not had this stretch happen with any other plants apart from these 2 hempies so not sure what changed but they are both in full flower and i can all ready tell ill hit more than 20g dry per hempie, but these did have 7 days under 24-0 the last hempie was 12-12 from seed and gave me 20g single dry bud, i did not lolly pop these hempies so im hoping ill get a bigger harvest.

so ive harvested 4 plants now which makes the flower room look empty so when the lights on i put my autos in their and my veg plants that are now in bigger pots, then when the lights about to go off i take the autos out and the veg plants out and they go back under the cfls, once the hempies are finished ill be flipping the hps to glr schedule and ill veg the plants a while before harvest, while the next plants are in the big room ill be setting up my next grow which im leaning towards a hydro scrog 3ft by 3ft, possibly with 2 plants, but unsure yet,

just uploading the pics from the fruity chronic juice harvest.

so in flower i have now got the following.
1 x dwc hempie, afgan skunk, the shorter of the 2 hempies
1 x dwc hempie reserva privada sour kush, this is the taller of the 2 and this is the one that stinks really bad, cant wait to harvest,
1 x low life auto blueberry
1 x royal queen seeds bluematic, from what i can tell these are both blueberry autos, but the low life auto is in flower and not very big, the bluematic is the same age and is only 2 nodes high and is growing at the same pace a normal seed would, so im hoping ill be getting more off this one if it turns out fem.
1 x male from kiwi seeds lucky dip, im flowering this to get some pollen and cross my own strain, should have pollen in a day or 2 so will be putting this on a few bud sites on 1 or 2 of the flowering plants.#

in veg i have got
2 x ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, regular seeds, now under glr and will find out sex soon.
1 x californian skunk haze also regular, these have been grown till now under cfls, they are 5 nodes high and less than 8 inches, so the cfls keep the plants small with little stretch, i think starting them off like this will stop them stretching like the hempies and the 12-12 from seed has.
1 x nl x bb fem clone, ready to flower but want to do a longer veg this time.
4 x afgan skunk clones, 2 in pots and 2 in water growing roots, one has gone into a big pot and is now under hps using glr
2 x reserva privada clones, not rooted yet but looks like their rooting as i can see small white patches on the stem so think its rooting now.

so thats what i got going on off the top of my head, just uploading the pics of my harvest and will put them in the next post

scrog scrog scrog:party::headbanger:

i hear ya, im getting everything i need to start a hydro grow, so while the plants in veg are starting to go in the big room i can then start putting my hydro set up together, if i do a scrog then ill fill the room with a 3ft by 3ft scrog either 1 or 2 plants, not sure yet, just got to get my plant numbers down, i need to get my hempies out the way before i start anything so i will be giving hydro a go and ill be growing a scrog using hydro, so ill be starting that very soon

right then, here is the chronic fruity juice harvest or fruity chronic juice what ever it is,
PICT2464.JPG

PICT2465.JPG

PICT2466.JPG

below is the drying cupboard, the top set of buds are the nl x bb, the middle row of buds is the special kush and the bottom row of buds is the fruity chronic juice, i have taken a few buds of each strain to quick dry and sample, but probably about an eighth off each plant, ill weight the buds once they are all dry
PICT2467.JPG

PICT2468.JPG

PICT2469.JPG

PICT2470.JPG

Nice haul buddy, makes my mouth water just looking at it, I can't wait to cut mine down its killing me waiting but my patience will pay off in the end, I'm thinking I'll get a half pound dry when all is said and done. The anticipation is killing me :)

thanks ever so much for the kind comments, its sure worth the wait mate, i can tell by the buds that wasnt developed that its worth waiting till every last bud is ready, this is why ill harvest in 2 goes if the bottom of the plant dont look ready, but the kush and fruity cronic juice was both ready all over the plant, but the monster cropped nl x bb has been harvested once and is back under the lights so the other buds can fatten up a bit as they was getting little light, next time these small branches will be removed to force all the growth onto the other buds, i have taken 2 clones from the nl x bb when i harvested it so they should be monster cropped clones when they root, if they root that is, im trying the water cloning method, so far i got 2 out of the original 4 with roots and i think the other 2 are getting roots, but ive added 2 cuttings from the plants i harvested so ill see if they clone in water, if not ill put my bubble cloner together and see what difference that makes.

anyways a quick update everyone.
i have switched the hps to glr schedule, the only plants i got in flower now are the 2 hempies, which is afgan skunk this is the smaller one but is more bushy, and the taller rapid growing hempie is the reseva privada sour kush, and ive also got the bottom half of the nl x bb in flower still, so these are taken out of the grow room and placed in another grow room that has no lights in it so they are getting their 12-12 still it just means taking the plants out the grow room at night and putting them back in in the morning, this way the glr dont affect the plants i still got in flower.

now all been well i am the proud father of a pregnant lady, my male plant was dropping pollen so i collected it on black paper and here is what i did.
the father i got the pollen from is a strain from kiwi seeds, not sure which as it was a mix seed, so it can be any 1 of 6 strains, so this is the father, it was rapid growing and was very easy to grow, so this kiwi seed plant done his job and gave me pollen, so i thanked him then murdered him for getting my little girl up the duff, although i did help in the process but still, he done his job and he is no longer needed so dont want him around anymore, so he got the knife then dumped in the bin so the body would not be found.

now i had a few options for a mother, so i sat their thinking and then i soon realised i need to pick the fastest growing and strongest female, so i grabbed the reserva privada sour kush hempy and put it in another room, i then got a small brush and brushed pollen on to 3 buds at the end of each branch, i did not put pollen on the main stem as it looks like ill be getting a huge bud off this now, its stopped stretching and the bud growth is shocking, i am going to beat the 20g i got off the last hempie, these buds are fat, and even the fan leaves are covered in trichs, right up to the tips of each leaf, the other hempie the afgan skunk has got no trichs, but this sour kush started growing trichs as soon as it started flowering, and its covered, every single leaf on the plant is covered in trichs so this was the best choice to breed.
so i got the brush and chose 3 buds 1 at the end of each branch just below the main bud, so i brushed some of the pollen on to each bud site and left it on its own in a room for a couple of hours, when i went back and checked i noticed that the pistils had started shrinking and looked like they was shrinking back into the bud and looked like they was going a brownish colour so i take it from the pistils doing that it should mean i have pollenated it properly.

so the father is some kiwi seed strain and the mother is reserva privada sour kush, now anyone think of any names to call the seeds,
what about kiwi kush, or sour kiwi, or any suggestions, i chose the best mother and the best father, so im hoping ill end up with a few seeds, and i should then have a decent strain and all been well ill have a good growing strain after i have got the seeds.

so the father is some kiwi seed strain and the mother is reserva privada sour kush, now anyone think of any names to call the seeds,what about kiwi kush, or sour kiwi, or any suggestions, i chose the best mother and the best father, so im hoping ill end up with a few seeds, and i should then have a decent strain and all been well ill have a good growing strain after i have got the seeds.

Wow, you sir, have come a long way! Making your own strains! That's amazing, good job!

I like "kiwi kush" has a nice ring, unless you wanted to make it something totally random like DP Kush lol, has two meanings!

Hey buddy,
AGREED. Nice work bro:bravo: Lol.. Looking at your coat hanger set up brings back memories:) I had my hanging from all sorts of shit i could use at the time.. Your buds are looking good mate, did you harvest with amber trichs or before mate?? Cloudy trichs were still a great smoke my last harvest, i wanted 15-20% ambers but yeah - FAIL!! Lol.. Some of my smaller buds down low had about a 50/50 split of clear n cloudy trichs and it was a good head high, was like when i first started smokin - made me laugh n shit bit more while i was watchin cartoons wit da kids:)
I had buds drying different ways and some with longer growth as i left a few small branches down low still on for about 2 days i think before takin the rest of the plant down at the base and hung that. I trimmed it up some so only small leaf had trichs on em.. And i hung that in spare room with a big fans just blowing around the room, i let it sit there for about 2.5mnths before i touched it and it was nice, just like stuff i used to get from my mates.. Wasnt the worlds best weed but it had nice taste and a nice stone which stuck around for a while, no need to smoke a bowl in one sit.
So anyways, congrats on ur efforts and cant wait to see how she looks dry!!:yummy:
Later bro, SMOKEMUP;)

wow bro you have been real busy! Those buds look great and it sounds like you really know what you got going on and have a plan. With this grow under your belt and all the great info you have learned/shared it's should only get easier my friend:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom